Page 1826 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 826132617261776181618221823182418251826182718281829183018361876 ... LastLast
Results 27,376 to 27,390 of 28258

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Do you guys really think Extermination is going to send the O5 home? If nothing else came out of the O5 being here, I think young Jean being here help set in motion her adult self’s return. If they do go back it will be interesting to see if they get mind wiped or not.
    I think either they all stay, they all leave, or all but Scott leave and by some timey-wimey handwavium doesn't reset continuity by doing so. Jeen and Iceboi are even more redundant than ever, with one being the lead on what's considered the best team X-book and the other having a solo. Tank and...did teen Warren get a nickname? Well, those two are less of a deal if BitterBeast gets some reform and Archangel starts appearing again. Tyke only makes sense anymore if seperated from the rest and allowed to not be defined by who he becomes later (which looms over his character in the same detrimental way Phoenix used to loom over Jean).

Bear in mind adult Warren is Archangel now, not Angel. So he never needed a nickname. Maybe people could've called him Fireangel?

As for Scott, he knew he'd have to leave. It's why he quit the Champions. Didn't want to get any closer to them than he already was, though he did make sure a replacement joined first (Ironheart). He actually mentions in today's Blue that they won't be keeping their memories.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bear in mind adult Warren is Archangel now, not Angel. So he never needed a nickname. Maybe people could've called him Fireangel?

As for Scott, he knew he'd have to leave. It's why he quit the Champions. Didn't want to get any closer to them than he already was, though he did make sure a replacement joined first (Ironheart).
    Archangel was dead when the teens came to this timeline and the Hippie was going as Angel in WATX. Teen Warren didnt get the fire wings until very late in ANX's run

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I thought teen Warren was called Tangel.

The only teen O5 with nicknames are Tyke and Jeen. There's no Tank, Tarren, Tobby or whatever.

I think all these nicknames are dumb. Young/Teen Name suffices

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think all these nicknames are dumb. Young/Teen Name suffices
    Only Tyke and Jeen earned their nicknames

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    As for Scott, he knew he'd have to leave. It's why he quit the Champions. Didn't want to get any closer to them than he already was, though he did make sure a replacement joined first (Ironheart). He actually mentions in today's Blue that they won't be keeping their memories.
    Recently, they repeated a little too many time that they will have to go back. Sound like the author is trying a little too hard to set a plot twist. Marvel doesn't do much in subtlety.

Spectacular Member

Hi all, I stopped reading the X-books altogether around 4 years ago. Then, earlier this week on a random trawl through tumblr, I saw posts that made me come running back to the books. I saw that Jean is back and leading a team in her own book #slay. With her bestie Storm #squad. And that they finally killed Scott off #winning. All my dreams have come true.

I'm going to get Phoenix Resurrection and all the X-Men Red comics thus far. Is there anything else you guys would recommend since the Bendis run? Is X-Men Blue any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    One of those times was inside Scott's mind, which was presented as a powerful homefield advantage for Emma at the time. I consider Emma a powerful psychic, but not one of the top ones. What she is good at is doing subtle stuff and playing the angles with her power. I'd put Emma against anyone if the power levels were equal, because she is more devious than you. Much like Tavi in the Codex Alera novels, Emma has managed to turn her lower power into an advantage - provided she isn't caught by surprise and forced into a matchup of pure power.

Which is why she would be a great teacher in use of telepathy, because she has been forced to think outside the box so much.
    Not sure why this is even being debated. It's Jean. Emma's genetic material is 2nd rate and far inferior compared to Jean's according to Sinister. Emma herself admitted it when she said Jean Grey was the most gifted psychic she had ever encountered. I'll post the panels when I find them. It makes sense when you think about why Emma can't get over her Jean Grey issues.

If the O5 are still around after Extermination, and therefore there was no reason for him to stop doing double duty, it wouldn't be the first time Mark Waid got caught out. When Scott first appeared in Champions in issue 2, they did comment on how the adult version was then being treated like Hitler - it was before Death of X was published, so we didn't know he was a scapegoat, framed by Emma, yet. When he quit in issue 18, the real world reason is because he was only there in the first place because Waid's a fan, and Jim Zub wanted to create a new character (Snowguard) instead.

Could the O5 be split in two the same way Golden Age Human Torch was in Vision's origin story? There was some time travel shenanigans and it ended up with one Torch staying as Jim Hammond, and the other getting taken away to be rebuilt with new powers, becoming Vision. In the O5's case, one set would revert back to how they were when they first arrived, i.e. no Angel fire wings, Iceman still in the closet, Jean doesn't have telepathy unlocked, and Beast doesn't know magic, while a second set would stay in the present, powers and memories intact, and would no longer stick together as a group. Such a scenario would explain Extermination #1's cover.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

X-Men Blue isn't exactly stellar, but it's good enough. I would say to get it!

Don't forget the Red annual!
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Blue is good. not perfect but enjoyable, specially because of teen Jean but it depends of your tolerance for time displaced, copies and AU people.

Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post
    Hi all, I stopped reading the X-books altogether around 4 years ago. Then, earlier this week on a random trawl through tumblr, I saw posts that made me come running back to the books. I saw that Jean is back and leading a team in her own book #slay. With her bestie Storm #squad. And that they finally killed Scott off #winning. All my dreams have come true.

I'm going to get Phoenix Resurrection and all the X-Men Red comics thus far. Is there anything else you guys would recommend since the Bendis run? Is X-Men Blue any good?

Not sure why this is even being debated. It's Jean. Emma's genetic material is 2nd rate and far inferior compared to Jean's according to Sinister. Emma herself admitted it when she said Jean Grey was the most gifted psychic she had ever encountered. I'll post the panels when I find them. It makes sense when you think about why Emma can't get over her Jean Grey issues.
    No one is arguing that Emma is weaker than Jean. The argument centers on how far the gap is. Emma defenders claim the gap is fairly small given both their experience, and what they've accomplished. Jean defenders claim the gap is wider.

There's a portrait of Jean's iconic debut as Phoenix in the X-mansion

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There's a portrait of Jean's iconic debut as Phoenix in the X-mansion

That is just weird.

What's that second portrait? There's Colossus, but I can't make out who's the other one.