Page 51 of 125 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

DCEU Superman & Wonder Woman Toy Photography:

"🎊Happy Gudhi Padwa🎊 . May this Gudhi Padwa give you ample of strength and patience to get over these current hardships. Lets us beat this and have a prosperous new beginning 🙏🏼 . Gudhi Padwa (गुढी पाडवा) is a spring-time festival that marks the traditional new year for Marathi and Konkani Hindus. It is celebrated in and near Maharashtra and Goa on the first day of the Chaitra month to mark the beginning of the New year according to the lunisolar Hindu calendar. The word पाडवा (pāḍavā) comes from the Sanskrit word प्रतिपदा (pratipadā), which refers to the first day of a lunar fortnight. The festival is observed with colorful floor decorations called rangoli, a special Gudhi flag (garlanded with flowers, mango and neem leaves, topped with upturned silver or copper vessel), street processions, dancing and festive foods."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-JYtmpA64_/

"Diana, we can’t fight a virus if we don’t know where it is... 😔"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-YdhjVgB6Q/

"Romantic Love ll"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-Kc9VajhmR/

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    How can anyone think that a person like me, who loves SMWW, who has read comics for over 40 years is a "new fan"? Dear ones at my age, I'm only called "new" when my husband messes up, when my grandson wants something or when a salesman wants to sell me something I don't want! I like SMWW, I have seen them both dancing around since the 70s and yes, SMWW together is something unique, inevitable and expected!

LadyP and LoveStar... 2 ladies that that I admire very, very much for telling truths!

You are very much admired as well Deia! 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    That's a good animation style.
    It sure is!

SuperWonder has a multi-generational and varied fanbase.

I should fall into the same category of core DC readers whose Rebirth was pandering to, those who thought that Green Arrow needs his goatee, characters/teams should have x history/origin and stuff like that. Go figure. 🙃
    Exactly!

As for that last part...

(Sometimes a gif is just able to succinctly say all without a word being stated.)

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    This looks better then most of the animation they release nowadays, definitely better then injustice. Would be great to see a kingdom come movie like this.

Thinking back I remember a interview with one of the creators that said that only wonder woman's call could bring superman back to earth from outer space.
    It really does. And Diana is both fierce and beautiful.
    What makes this animation even better is that it was done by someone who is actually a fan of these characters. Who knows how to give particular attention to little details, which are ultimately significant in highlighting aspects of each character. It is palpable when listening to Tim Miller break down the trailer bit by bit. He's the creator you alluded to. See below, and feel free to watch the whole thing, as it is an interesting video filled with nuggets of details. However, at around timestamp 6:58 is when he mentions from all the noise in the universe Superman hears Wonder Woman in the vacuum of space. Very significant. Luthor, who is an evil genius, knew this would be which is why he targets Diana.

That's the one and yeah, hopefully waid will stick true to the source material.
    I'm sure he will.

That would be fantastic, if DC won't use Henry at the least then he could be used elsewhere. And maybe with someone who he could have some on screen chemistry with...
    Henry as Hyperion would be he ultimate trolling from Marvel... 🤣 but 0 chance it's going to happen.

My word it's back to the "it happened" status which makes me happy that Dan Jurgens knows as much about continuity as the rest of us and from the screenshots there it seems to have ended better then what Rucka forced on the characters. Who knows, maybe one day we will get a explanation as to what happened which will be better then either doubters could come up with?
    I always found questionable the claim it never happened. As I said in the past, they could've had a relationship at one point of their lives. On the forum, others have pointed out that Jurgens saying on his socials that SM/WW never happened couldn't prevent other writers to reference the relationship if they want to. Even months after Jurgen's tweet, it was indirectly referenced in Rucka's last WW issue, lol. Anyway, Superman: Reborn was a half-assed last minute thing and should be considered a placeholder at most.

Always love some ed benes art, maybe he can work for dc again. Glad he still draws these two together.
    And so do his students. 😅

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Exactly!

As for that last part...

(Sometimes a gif is just able to succinctly say all without a word being stated.)
    Hehehe.

SuperWonder shirts

Bollywood Actor Aamir Khan’s daughter Ira Khan ended up unintentionally twinning with celebrity fitness trainer Nupur Shikhare and took to Instagram to share pictures of the same. The two were seen wearing red superhero tees, with Ira wearing a Wonder Woman T-shirt, while Nupur wore a Superman T-shirt.

“Be your own superhero! But in case you’re looking for some... #superhero #superman #wonderwoman #thetvshow #withtheinvisibleplane #twinning #didweplanit #whatno,” she wrote in her caption.

Nupur joked in the comments section that they could pause their superhero duties to take a quick picture together. “Fly, save the world, fight crime.. oh but let’s quickly take a picture ? What say @khan.ira,” he wrote. “@nupur_shikhare Only if we also pit-stop for sushi,” was Ira’s response.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/bolly...b0yCtIqvI.html

“This print was my phone lockscreen for about 2 years and I have the comic where this iconic kiss takes place sitting proudly on my bookshelf. Superman and Wonder Woman together is just 😍😍😍😍 and the second I saw it in @blackmilkclothing DC collection I had to have it. Thank you guys so much for putting my absolute favourite scene on my body 😝”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9Q4omPAjAe/

“My husband and I are big Marvel fans. We've seen all the movies, some more than once, a few - many times.
    We wear t-shirts to show off our favorite characters and although Wonder Woman and Superman may not be Marvel, we proudly represent our superheroes anyway.“

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-Zx_n8DBSX/

New fan-fiction updates from NightSkyWonderer:

Title: Something Special

Chapter 27: Who We Are

Description: Best Friends and Partners but there’s something more between Kal and Diana undefined.

Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1278948...ething-Special

Title: Special Bonds

Chapter 8: Love and Protection

Description: While Diana and Kal are getting adjusted to living together again, outside forces set yet another obstacle, they must get over navigating through their marriage trial.

Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13318643/8/Special-Bonds

Title: Twist of Fate

Chapter 3: Decisions

Description: As Queen Hippolyta learns more about Lara Lor-Van and Kal-El, bonds of trust is formed although some Amazons remain defensive and suspicious. Light years away, on another planet, Dir’An puts his plan into motion to find Lara and Kal at all costs.

Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13491125/3/Twist-of-Fate

Superman/Wonder Woman T-Shirts:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-AhntAHhEr/
    We really need stories of Superman and Wonder Woman actually delving into real world issues without being sugar coated. Stories that inspire but don’t fall into fairytale land they do often do.

^^^Happy belated Purim. 😜
    🤗 Heh! Happy belated Purim. Better late than never, right?

I like that.
    All that needs to be done is respecting the source material and not setting limits. DC needs new creative ways to gain interest and that means NEW most of all.

It's mostly a SM's problem due to the shift in focus to Clark Kent, and his Superman/Kal-El side being de-empathized since the 80s. Making SM mundane is missing the point of the character or the appeal of superheroes in general.

Even Bendis implied in an interview that writing Supes as an ordinary dude Rebirth-style was a disservice to the character and shook up things. Still far to see SM being treated as comfortable to date a non-powerless, non-American woman like Diana though. 😅
    Superman is suppose to be larger than life, yet still very much a humbled being. It’s a balancing act between the personas but it’s not about choosing one over the other. The book titles aren’t “Clark Kent” and “Normal Comics”. Also, it’s not about being to fit in, it’s blending in yet remaining all of yourself. How this motivational, confident boosting theme is misconstrued is baffling.

Bendis is right that trying to force the ordinary on an extraordinary character doesn’t make sense. And having that for so long, Superman being written as he should to accept and embrace his heritage is deemed wrong. Being “alien” is wrong. Which again falls into Xenophobic and racist subtext. If Superman wants to be normal, feels his heritage is a burden, why wear the \S/? Why use the powers gifted? Downplaying himself as a simpleton farm-boy isn’t relatable. What’s written to be the “American way” of life isn’t relatable to the wider, diverse audience which is why Superman to this day struggles to resonate.

Superman is also written with this Captain S.A.H mentality. Champion of the Oppressed, saving multiple lives, not choosing one life above the rest. Wonder Woman was written to be the counterpart to Superman. She is suppose to challenge him as a true equal. Being written as uncomfortable is bordering chauvinism, and not much at all of a “super” or a “man” if you can’t handle that. They are two sides of the same coin. The immigrant and the refugee. Superman is more of a refugee than an immigrant, IMO. They are both suppose to fight against the idea of conforming to a society’s unfair ways of acceptance yet that has been deemed wrong and “dehumanizing”. Such a backwards mindset.

I'm sure. 😅 In solicits, it's hinted everytime of the main hero dying or the worst **** happening, it really means nothing. It's to caught the readers' attention.
    It got attention sure but was still distasteful, especially when going for the doom and gloom abound in story too because they were together.

It's fine for me because it fits that particular versions of SM and WW at that stage of their lives. But it wouldn't make any sense with the more classic takes on them or any others based on the originals.
    The originals and more classics, in addition to more realism and being of modern day is what new52 was, flaws and all. That’s why new52 pairing resonated.

SuperWonder has a multi-generational and varied fanbase.
    Yes! As it should be.

Lil' Superman & Wonder Woman Toys Photography:

"Just some super heroes showing some super love #meme #superman #wonderwoman #love #hugs"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-U_7z-hYFc/

"Superman & WonderWoman #lilbombshells"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-KCX9hnFGw/

"We are all heroes, if we stay at home ♀️♂️💯 #nevergiveup #wearemorethanthisvirus"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-XCN3GA7t3/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-09-2020 at 08:18 AM.

DCEU Superman & Wonder Woman Toy Photography:

"🎊Happy Gudhi Padwa🎊 . May this Gudhi Padwa give you ample of strength and patience to get over these current hardships. Lets us beat this and have a prosperous new beginning 🙏🏼 . Gudhi Padwa (गुढी पाडवा) is a spring-time festival that marks the traditional new year for Marathi and Konkani Hindus. It is celebrated in and near Maharashtra and Goa on the first day of the Chaitra month to mark the beginning of the New year according to the lunisolar Hindu calendar. The word पाडवा (pāḍavā) comes from the Sanskrit word प्रतिपदा (pratipadā), which refers to the first day of a lunar fortnight. The festival is observed with colorful floor decorations called rangoli, a special Gudhi flag (garlanded with flowers, mango and neem leaves, topped with upturned silver or copper vessel), street processions, dancing and festive foods."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-JYtmpA64_/

"Diana, we can’t fight a virus if we don’t know where it is... 😔"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-YdhjVgB6Q/

"Romantic Love ll"
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B-Kc9VajhmR/
    DCEU SMWW dolls have had far more interactions than the actual live action SMWW and it shows time and time again, the missed opportunity of interaction, the amount of interest from the audience, the diversity, That SMWW IS a constant with real world dealings, the potential of an SMWW movie, and the marketing of the two together would be phenomenal!

This! So much this!
    This is exactly what SMWW is about. The fans get it, and continue to show it.
    Pushing back against that ugly and twisted narrative that two powerful and loving characters being together is somehow a bad thing. Or that Wonder Woman being with Superman somehow diminishes her because he is powerful...🙄
    Even better, Superman being with a powerful, formidable and compassionate woman like Wonder Woman suddenly makes him want to be a dictator. 😒
    The fans continue to speak on and highlight the qualities that make SMWW an admirable and desired pairing and it is beautiful to see.
    Fans get it of course. Creators get it but it’s wishy washy of either respecting the beauty of it or twist it into something false and ugly. All of the negative accusations continue to be debunked yet the false negatives keeps trying to be pushed not to overshadow a limited preference that can’t stand on its own.

This, but especially the bold part.
    But when you think about it, it's very on brand. How often do people of color, or those from cultural backgrounds different from 'American Culture' (whatever that is in a country of people from many different backgrounds), often get overlooked, passed over, diminished for their whiter American counterparts to shine? Or oftentimes, they get their work/ideas stolen only for their white counterparts to get the credit and accolades.

Work twice as hard to get half as much. This is something that has been recognized by often marginalized groups. Given such precedence, it is not that surprising that Wonder Woman often gets sidelined or used as a mouthpiece to promote/praise the said powerless white woman who is constantly elevated to the point of being stated to be more important than Wonder Woman. Very much in line with the xenophobic, prejudiced narrative.

Nonetheless, it is very telling that fans of SMWW come from such diverse backgrounds and range in age, despite the narrative that it's only younger fans who like them. The fandom has shown and stated many times what draws them to the pair, and until those within the company stop operating on their own ill advised bias, there is going to continue to be a disconnect. We know the value of Superman and Wonder Woman, and once upon a time, DC got it somewhat.
    In a way, it just shows the influence and power Wonder Woman truly holds. However, it backfires constantly disrespecting her. The fact that it was admitted to using her in that way is just pitiful.

You can’t force the modern audience to accept outdated concepts that are irrelevant to modern times.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    We really need stories of Superman and Wonder Woman actually delving into real world issues without being sugar coated. Stories that inspire but don’t fall into fairytale land they do often do.
    Seconded.

🤗 Heh! Happy belated Purim. Better late than never, right?
    Of course. 😜

Superman is suppose to be larger than life, yet still very much a humbled being. It’s a balancing act between the personas but it’s not about choosing one over the other. The book titles aren’t “Clark Kent” and “Normal Comics”. Also, it’s not about being to fit in, it’s blending in yet remaining all of yourself. How this motivational, confident boosting theme is misconstrued is baffling.

Bendis is right that trying to force the ordinary on an extraordinary character doesn’t make sense. And having that for so long, Superman being written as he should to accept and embrace his heritage is deemed wrong. Being “alien” is wrong. Which again falls into Xenophobic and racist subtext. If Superman wants to be normal, feels his heritage is a burden, why wear the \S/? Why use the powers gifted? Downplaying himself as a simpleton farm-boy isn’t relatable. What’s written to be the “American way” of life isn’t relatable to the wider, diverse audience which is why Superman to this day struggles to resonate.

Superman is also written with this Captain S.A.H mentality. Champion of the Oppressed, saving multiple lives, not choosing one life above the rest. Wonder Woman was written to be the counterpart to Superman. She is suppose to challenge him as a true equal. Being written as uncomfortable is bordering chauvinism, and not much at all of a “super” or a “man” if you can’t handle that. They are two sides of the same coin. The immigrant and the refugee. Superman is more of a refugee than an immigrant, IMO. They are both suppose to fight against the idea of conforming to a society’s unfair ways of acceptance yet that has been deemed wrong and “dehumanizing”. Such a backwards mindset.
    There was already a balance during the Bronze Age (middle 70s/early 80s): the Clark side started to being more empathized and Kal/Superman viewed it as part of himself. In the 2000s, it was the other way around, with more emphasis being brought back on the alien/Superman side, despite the process was and still is inconsistent. The character is broken and pulled in different directions by authors. Wonder Woman's Diana Prince ID come and go and she keeps wondering who she is. One unsure step in one direction followed by a step back every time... 🙃

The originals and more classics, in addition to more realism and being of modern day is what new52 was, flaws and all. That’s why new52 pairing resonated.
    Indeed.

DCEU SMWW dolls have had far more interactions than the actual live action SMWW and it shows time and time again, the missed opportunity of interaction, the amount of interest from the audience, the diversity, That SMWW IS a constant with real world dealings, the potential of an SMWW movie, and the marketing of the two together would be phenomenal!
    Yep, and they would sell more SM/WW dolls too. 😜

SuperWonder Art

"It's true that we are never taken seriously! At the doctor we are asked where the mom is (but never the opposite), we are Einstein when we know how to put an elastic band on our daughter (well, I admit, that I had to learn)... but we get there very well, dads! Special dedication #dadpower."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-RbbpgFCH4/

“#superman #grease #deadpool #wonderwoman”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-VFfmBpDl5/

Sunday 😊😉! The reaction of superheroes in THE COMIC'S CITY when they meet Batman ☹️🤣. • Poor Batman 😭☹️! Don't forget to take care of yourself and yours, please STAY HOME 😘🤗!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-VbwTYgUs9/

We live in a world where I try to teach my grandchildren to be themselves, to accept themselves as they are, to be creative, to discover all the potential they have, to test their limits, to be different if they are and they want to be! Show my grandchildren examples of dignified, self-righteous and true heroes, both real and fictional, so that they can be inspired by their examples... do you know how sad it is that I can't count on Superman right now? Yes, I can show his old stories, but the current ones unfortunately not.

There was already a balance during the Bronze Age (middle 70s/early 80s): the Clark side started to being more empathized and Kal/Superman viewed it as part of himself. In the 2000s, it was the other way around, with more emphasis being brought back on the alien/Superman side, despite the process was and still is inconsistent. The character is broken and pulled in different directions by authors. Wonder Woman's Diana Prince ID come and go and she keeps wondering who she is. One unsure step in one direction followed by a step back every time... 🙃
    Ahhhhhhhhh Wonder Woman ... often written as if she were forever in her period ... is that really how most DC writers see women? With rare exceptions (I quote here Pérez and Azzarello) Diana was written balanced.

Sunday 😊😉! The reaction of superheroes in THE COMIC'S CITY when they meet Batman ☹️🤣. • Poor Batman 😭☹️! Don't forget to take care of yourself and yours, please STAY HOME 😘🤗!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-VbwTYgUs9/[/I]

Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk sorry not sorry but laughing at Batman is something I will always do ... one of the few things that are worthwhile in Snyder's film is when Batman admits that his super power is "being rich"! I can't imagine a middle class Batman, poor or even a worker, having to work for a living.
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 04-10-2020 at 05:24 AM.

You have writers who can’t relate to the “otherness” and find it hard to balance the character. That’s what broke the character. It was easier writing Superman as a man that just so happened to have powers but to write a complexed character such as Superman and Wonder Woman who are to the core “foreigners” trying to be the motivational and inspirational leaders of another world can be difficult. But that’s the point of the writer is to take up that task.

Now instead it’s forced preference of what the characters should be from multiple writers leaving Superman and Wonder Woman with shaky foundations and little investment from fans. It’s settling by default an “easier” status quo.

Yep, and they would sell more SM/WW dolls too. 😜
    More merch sold period. Especially for Superman.

We live in a world where I try to teach my grandchildren to be themselves, to accept themselves as they are, to be creative, to discover all the potential they have, to test their limits, to be different if they are and they want to be! Show my grandchildren examples of dignified, self-righteous and true heroes, both real and fictional, so that they can be inspired by their examples... do you know how sad it is that I can't count on Superman right now? Yes, I can show his old stories, but the current ones unfortunately not.
    This is sad. New52 Superman was exactly the embodiment of this. Was to be the Superman of modern time for new younger fans to grow with but instead we have a “Superman” that has conformed to a backwards mindset and can’t relate or resonate to the modern change of the world.

You have writers who can’t relate to the “otherness” and find it hard to balance the character. That’s what broke the character. It was easier writing Superman as a man that just so happened to have powers but to write a complexed character such as Superman and Wonder Woman who are to the core “foreigners” trying to be the motivational and inspirational leaders of another world can be difficult. But that’s the point of the writer is to take up that task.
    When the ship with little Kal-El landed on Earth, it not only brought the baby, it brought all the legacy of Krypton, a planet that perished for its mistakes, mistakes that Kal-El should prevent humanity from making! Forgetting this aspect and writing SM as a reluctant hero, unsure of his powers and who would rather be who he really is not ... is ... is ... at least the loss of the opportunity to write one of the best comic stories.

Now instead it’s forced preference of what the characters should be from multiple writers leaving Superman and Wonder Woman with shaky foundations and little investment from fans. It’s settling by default an “easier” status quo.

More merch sold period. Especially for Superman.

This is sad. New52 Superman was exactly the embodiment of this. Was to be the Superman of modern time for new younger fans to grow with but instead we have a “Superman” that has conformed to a backwards mindset and can’t relate or resonate to the modern change of the world.

Do you know what I find most "funny"? See Didio talking about character development and that should have developed more new 52 ... new 52 was a world under construction, we always said this here, young characters, full of life who lacked experience! I'm sure that new 52 WW would reach the level of diplomacy, a compromise that COIE WW had. The same goes for SM! And with a huge advantage: connected with the new generation, connected to the most current problems! This new generation of readers could follow the growth of their favorite heroes, identify themselves much more! We would have put the SMWW relationship to the test at IMPOSSIBLE levels with other partners (and with fire, ice, radiation and everything)!

When the ship with little Kal-El landed on Earth, it not only brought the baby, it brought all the legacy of Krypton, a planet that perished for its mistakes, mistakes that Kal-El should prevent humanity from making! Forgetting this aspect and writing SM as a reluctant hero, unsure of his powers and who would rather be who he really is not ... is ... is ... at least the loss of the opportunity to write one of the best comic stories.
    This exactly! This is what makes the character so interesting. Learning of his roots, embracing it and weaving it all together with his life on earth. With preventing mistakes made however, again does not mean conform. How selfish and disrespectful it is to Krypton and the “Els” for Kal to ever believe and feel his gifts and roots is a burden. Shouldn’t have been saved honestly else he would be on earth on the first place.

Do you know what I find most "funny"? See Didio talking about character development and that should have developed more new 52 ... new 52 was a world under construction, we always said this here, young characters, full of life who lacked experience! I'm sure that new 52 WW would reach the level of diplomacy, a compromise that COIE WW had. The same goes for SM! And with a huge advantage: connected with the new generation, connected to the most current problems! This new generation of readers could follow the growth of their favorite heroes, identify themselves much more! We would have put the SMWW relationship to the test at IMPOSSIBLE levels with other partners (and with fire, ice, radiation and everything)!
    ThereÂ’s a lot of shouldÂ’ve couldÂ’ve wouldÂ’ve with new52. It was a huge missed opportunity overall with not completely starting over with a clean slate. Also with miscommunication and creatorsÂ’ with their preferences over professionalism.