Rian Johnson really screwed up the TLJ. It will be best for him to just stay away from the Star Wars franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I read an excerpts regarding Finn and Rose, so I'm just mad about that right now cause I wanted more for those characters.

From the people who have read the book Finn and Rose interactions can summed up as spoilers:
    Rose thinks Finn's "handsome but dumb." wonders if Rey also thinks he's stupid, gets mad and wants to tase him every time he mentions Rey.
    end of spoilers

Here's a Rey spoiler to explain her abilities if people care spoilers:
    she apparently absorbed the knowledge of Kylo's training and learned everything he learned after being in each other's heads.
    end of spoilers

*sigh*
    That, yeah, that sounds bad.

Though, would Johnson have anything to do with the novels? I thought those would be handled by different people?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I read an excerpts regarding Finn and Rose, so I'm just mad about that right now cause I wanted more for those characters.

From the people who have read the book Finn and Rose interactions can summed up as spoilers:
    Rose thinks Finn's "handsome but dumb." wonders if Rey also thinks he's stupid, gets mad and wants to tase him every time he mentions Rey.
    end of spoilers

Here's a Rey spoiler to explain her abilities if people care spoilers:
    she apparently absorbed the knowledge of Kylo's training and learned everything he learned after being in each other's heads.
    end of spoilers

*sigh*
    It amazes me how everything connected to Last Jedi just continues to kill all of the good will (and there was a lot of it) that Force Awakens managed to build up for me. This is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That, yeah, that sounds bad.

Though, would Johnson have anything to do with the novels? I thought those would be handled by different people?
    Idk if Johnson was directly involved, I do know that there is a story group who are suppose to make sure the movies and the extended stuff like the books and comics flow together and not contradict and they kind of already failed in some areas with that. I also remember individuals in the story group were defending TLJ and saying no character was tarnished etc, so I feel like they're very involved and do "research".

There are a lot of deleted scenes that didn't make the movie, Finn alone has 6 or 7 I believe, I have no idea if they made it into book but it seems from what I've read and seen, the novel just gives perspective to a character's actions and is just essentially the movie in word form.

The book could be great I guess, and maybe there's more to it than what I was led to believe.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

ABC Pulls Politically And Socially-Themed 'Black-Ish' Episode Due To "Creative Differences" With Creator Kenya Barris

https://shadowandact.com/abc-pulls-b...itical-episode

ABC Pulls Politically And Socially-Themed 'Black-Ish' Episode Due To "Creative Differences" With Creator Kenya Barris

https://shadowandact.com/abc-pulls-b...itical-episode
    Saw yesterday, strange that this would be the episode that was pulled...
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

BANNED

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/973514059005005824

I can't say I'm surprised about how people are reacting to this, but it does serve as further proof that the bigoted 'fans' on the Marvel side of things don't actually care about hero replacements or how good a book is, just that they hate any character that isn't a straight, white Cis-guy or a sexily drawn woman.

That said, I'm still waiting for a non-binary character from DC that isn't either support or an anti-villain, but an actual hero.

Rest in Peace Craig Mack. Damn, so young.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Wow...that's really sad.

And a shock. He was pretty young.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post

I can't say I'm surprised about how people are reacting to this, but it does serve as further proof that the bigoted 'fans' on the Marvel side of things don't actually care about hero replacements or how good a book is, just that they hate any character that isn't a straight, white Cis-guy or a sexily drawn woman.

That said, I'm still waiting for a non-binary character from DC that isn't either support or an anti-villain, but an actual hero.
    Not shocked either. It's not really about comics for a lot of these people though, it's about "culture wars".

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Everybody knows "Flava in Ya Ear" of course but it was that plus "Shinika" (the b-side to Flava) that had me and my friends hyped for his album. R.I.P.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Astonishing Member

It amazes me how everything connected to Last Jedi just continues to kill all of the good will (and there was a lot of it) that Force Awakens managed to build up for me. This is awful.
    Tell me about it, I mean the force awakens wasn't perfect by any means, but it was still a good movie, that left me very hopeful for the sequels. The last jedi killed my interest in Star Wars so much that I won't be watching the third unless I hear major changes. That's crazy cause I never hard that happen with a star wars movie series before. To be honest, I personally like the prequels over the last jedi lol.

Astonishing Member

Ding Ding, but technically this is DC, which definitely has a more ignorant fanbase (more stronger ties of conservatism) then Marvel. Marvel creates legacy characters
    and a good portion of them sell pretty well. DC creates legacy characters, and the only one that is above the "cancellation line" is Green Lantern.

Jessica Jones Has a Problem with How It Handles Race and Gender When Superpowers Are in the Mix
    by Princess Weekes

https://www.themarysue.com/jessica-j...r-superpowers/

BANNED

Jessica Jones Has a Problem with How It Handles Race and Gender When Superpowers Are in the Mix
    by Princess Weekes

https://www.themarysue.com/jessica-j...r-superpowers/
    Does this have season 2 stuff in it?