View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 363 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2633133533593603613623633643653663673734134638631363 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,445 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    DC cancelled the Pat Mills/Kevin O'Neill Metalzoic Deluxe Edition. I thought it was kinda odd that the book would be getting a Deluxe Edition as it's not particularly long, but there's been a rash of DC cancellations lately like the Veitch/Edwards Question and the Klarion tpb. This would be the first deluxe cancellation since the Night Force HC was downgraded to a tpb then cancelled altogther.
    Where do you get information like this? I've never seen anybody announce "We have canceled this or that", but I really would be interested.
    Last edited by Pertl; 06-18-2015 at 11:39 AM.

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

i just saw that absolute court of owls will be 1-11.. but isn't vol 1&2 1-12 plus annual #1? are those 2 issues not important to the story or is that a typo?
    Last edited by TheYoungWolf; 06-18-2015 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    i just saw that absolute court of owls will be 1-11.. but isn't vol 1&2 1-12 plus annual #1? are those 2 issues not important to the story or is that a typo?
    The Court of Owls story is #1-11. #12 was a one-shot story. The Annual has "Night of the Owls" on the cover, but it's really just a Mr Freeze story.

I imagine these were held over for a potential Death of the Family Absolute, as that story was shorter. (Though I've also learned not to give DC that much credit when it comes to collections.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    So this is the only HC of this series that is OOP?
    WW vol.1 is also out of print, as is Aquaman vol.1. Flash vol.1 was out-of print for some time, but it got recently back in print, so there is hope for Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by JShilpetski View Post
    The Court of Owls story is #1-11. #12 was a one-shot story. The Annual has "Night of the Owls" on the cover, but it's really just a Mr Freeze story.

I imagine these were held over for a potential Death of the Family Absolute, as that story was shorter. (Though I've also learned not to give DC that much credit when it comes to collections.)
    ahh i see! thanks for the info. looking forward to picking up the absolute and finally reading it. i heard its a great arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    WW vol.1 is also out of print, as is Aquaman vol.1. Flash vol.1 was out-of print for some time, but it got recently back in print, so there is hope for Wonder Woman.
    i think batman and robin v1 and batgirl v2 are oop as well. i doubt either of these will end up getting collected in deluxes so i have to track them down soon before it gets any higher

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Because it out of print.

As for why DC won't reprint it - I suspect that sooner or later they will release an oversized HC, and that's why they've let the premiere HCs fall out of print.
    I sure hope so. I would love to get those first few tpbs in a deluxe.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pertl View Post
    Where do you get information like this? I've never seen anybody announce "We have canceled this or that", but I really would be interested.
    Retailers get sent info with updates about cancellations, creative team and release date changes. Later that info goes up on ComicList (Sundays) and PreviewsWorld (Tuesdays).

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I just bought an Absolute Kingdom Come on a bit of an impulse.

Having the buyers remorse, but its a nice book.....right?
    Do you mind telling where did you get it and assuming it's new and still sealed, how did you determine that the copy isn't affected with the misprint/missing text?

Does anyone here recommend Absolute Justice in comparison to Absolute Kingdom Come, since it's OOP and expensive? I just want to have Alex Ross artworks in Absolute format.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pertl View Post
    Amazon sent me an email saying that the book would no longer be available for purchase. I had the book pre-ordered.

It also happened for the Veitch/Edwards Question tpb that was supposed to be released this week. Bleeding Cool ran a story that the Klarion tpb had been cancelled.

The Night Force and Legion Worlds cancellations were last year. In those cases, I also recieved emails from Amazon as I had the book pre-ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    Retailers get sent info with updates about cancellations, creative team and release date changes. Later that info goes up on ComicList (Sundays) and PreviewsWorld (Tuesdays).
    Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Amazon sent me an email saying that the book would no longer be available for purchase. I had the book pre-ordered.

It also happened for the Veitch/Edwards Question tpb that was supposed to be released this week. Bleeding Cool ran a story that the Klarion tpb had been cancelled.

The Night Force and Legion Worlds cancellations were last year. In those cases, I also recieved emails from Amazon as I had the book pre-ordered.
    Thanks, that's useful.

I just hapened to read the two first HC from Injustice - Gods among us. And though I didn't expect anything, I think it's a very funny read actually. I like how Harley Quinn is written in particulary (taking the piss of the name Arrow Cave is a good working running gag). The story feels a bit rushed sometimes and some plots could habe been developped with more care. The characterization is not always conform to what we would expect in the "real" continuity and some of our heroes act kind of unusal. I don't know...the plot is quite interesting so far for an Elseworld story at least. Not a hall of fame story but not bad at all.
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    I just hapened to read the two first HC from Injustice - Gods among us. And though I didn't expect anything, I think it's a very funny read actually. I like how Harley Quinn is written in particulary (taking the piss of the name Arrow Cave is a good working running gag). The story feels a bit rushed sometimes and some plots could habe been developped with more care. The characterization is not always conform to what we would expect in the "real" continuity and some of our heroes act kind of unusal. I don't know...the plot is quite interesting so far for an Elseworld story at least. Not a hall of fame story but not bad at all.
    This series turned into a bit of a sleeper hit for DC, I've held off on reading it hoping that once their finally done (their up to year four now!) that dump it all into an omnibus given it's popularity.

I did play the game itself though and it was a bit of a guilty pleasure I'll have to admit.

In a similar vein i'm kind of hoping that the Smallville season series eventually get an omnibus treatment as I've some good things about that series too.

anyone know is absolute all star superman is going OOP? its not on IST and up to $84 on amazon. will this get a reprint if it does go oop?

Incredible Member

^ It might be reprinted, but I'd honestly rather a deluxe version of the Absolute...

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    ^ It might be reprinted, but I'd honestly rather a deluxe version of the Absolute...
    why? is the absolute not worth it? im debating if i should pick it up or not.