Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    I am enjoying it. The latest issue went by real fast though, I'm assuming that Paradox will be defeated, but I am wondering if there will be a twist. Will Godspeed play a surprising role? and what will happen with the Reverse Flash when this is over. Now that he knows his history, what scheme will he plot to destroy Barry?
    Just bought a large lot of the Williamson run. Can’t wait to see what he does with it. I wonder who will be announced as his successor.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Astonishing Member

How long has this been happening? Maybe I missed something, but I just now noticed that August Heart/Godspeed's been, depicted differently.

https://www.cbr.com/flash-ultimate-p...e-755-preview/

Like, does the artist/colorist and them even know August has black hair, not light brown, and a tan, swarthier complexion, not outright White? It's hard to tell the eye color here, but that looks to be the only thing they got right with the depiction. And while seemingly a minor detail, the lack of facial stubble/shadow beard present really doesn't help, since that's an unique and consistent part of his maskless/out-of-costume design. Not only has August had that from the start of Williamson's run, he's had it even when he was first dragged into Paradox's influence, so he definitely should still have some now, if not even more so. (If I remember right, August has even had that back during the Flash Zero Year portion.)

It's frustrating, especially being depicted alongside Thawne here, who August is looking a bit too visually similar to right now.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 06-06-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Huh. Has the run changed colorists? I haven't really noticed but it would be the most logical explanation...

Astonishing Member

Now that I think about it, even his eye color has been inconsistent. At this point, I'd need to go back through the first issues of the run, but I'm pretty sure they were first depicted as brown.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Now that I think about it, even his eye color has been inconsistent. At this point, I'd need to go back through the first issues of the run, but I'm pretty sure they were first depicted as brown.
    I’m currently reading issue 10 of the Rebirth run. His eyes are blue here.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m currently reading issue 10 of the Rebirth run. His eyes are blue here.
    Strange. You have issue 1 or 2 handy?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Huh. Has the run changed colorists? I haven't really noticed but it would be the most logical explanation...
    ...I was referring more to the inconsistency haven lead to August being white-washed.

...I was referring more to the inconsistency haven lead to August being white-washed.
    Yeah, I was wondering if that was because they'd changed colorists, hence the inconsistency.

Strange. You have issue 1 or 2 handy?
    I do. I’ll go check them out.

Just checked. Flash Rebirth Special 1, and the first 2 issues they’re colored blue.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 06-06-2020 at 06:16 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I do. I’ll go check them out.

Just checked. Flash Rebirth Special 1, and the first 2 issues they’re colored blue.
    Thanks for checking! So the times when they were colored brown was the inconsistency with the eyes. That'll mean that the eyes are the only thing the artist team got correct in this depiction.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering if that was because they'd changed colorists, hence the inconsistency.
    A change in colorist/artist team shouldn't matter, though, since that shouldn't lead to white-washing in any circumstances. That was the point.

A change in colorist/artist team shouldn't matter, though, since that shouldn't lead to white-washing in any circumstances. That was the point.
    As a standard, yeah, but in my experience that sometimes happens with comics even though it shouldn't.

TV Barry won't be working with Elongated Man any more. Hartley Sawyer got fired.
    https://bleedingcool.com/tv/the-flas...-words-matter/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    TV Barry won't be working with Elongated Man any more. Hartley Sawyer got fired.
    https://bleedingcool.com/tv/the-flas...-words-matter/
    Well, this doesn't mean they won't recast the role. With his powers, they could pull it off in-universe.

From Supergirl #42 (and I assume next week's comics):

Can't help thinking that should've been Ralph and not Eel... I don't think Barry has any connection to Plastic Man - it's Wally who used to be on the JLA with him.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman