Thread: Spider-Verse #2

Carnage Aunt May. Can't say I saw that coming .

Seems like Miles will have to deal with an alternate version of himself.

Huh, evil Miles is sharing a colour scheme with the evil Peter that showed up in that one issue of Spider-Girl. I wonder if he'll show up? I mean, we do have a regular Peter Spider-Man appearing on some of the issue #1 promo art, so maybe he's a revitalized MC2 Peter who can face off with his evil doppelganger? Altohugh I want Mayday to show up too, if it at all possible.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Sweet Mother of God!! Everytime I think the Multiverse or Spider-Verse can't surprise me anymore, BOOM!! It does it again in ways I would have never imagined!

A version of Aunt May possessed by Carnage?! Thank Godness Peter wasn't here, or he wouldn't be able to have a happy dream ever again. Now I'm going to have nightmares with this.

And I have to say, the violent way Spider-Ma'am dealt with the evil versions of her husband and nephew.... Even if she doesn't have powers, you better don't risk to make Aunt May angry, people. You wouldn't like when she's angry!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Actually, I'm not sure this is an evil version of Miles. The suit, the colors and the jacket... I actually believe this could be Miles' own version of Scarlet Spider. That means... His clone!! It seems that, even if you are not Peter Parker, as a Spider you have to deal with his same crazynesses.

He's a palette swap AU counterpart, not a clone, can't you see that he just came through a portal?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Even if she doesn't have powers, you better don't risk to make Aunt May angry, people. You wouldn't like when she's angry!
    Didn't she whack Peter (in costume) over the head with a frying pan way back?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He's a palette swap AU counterpart, not a clone, can't you see that he just came through a portal?
    Palette swap, which makes him a red/scarlet suit with black/blue webs in it. Besides, it can be a clone from an alternative universe. I mean, have you forgotten about Ultimate Jessica Drew? She's a female clone of Peter Parker, something (surprisingly) 616's Jackal still hasn't tried. Therefore, it can be a Miles Morales' clone from another reality.

Another detail that hasn't been mentioned yet is this new guy's spider is upside down and appears to have two dots on the abdomen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Another detail that hasn't been mentioned yet is this new guy's spider is upside down and appears to have two dots on the abdomen.
    Actually, no. I noticed that, and the fact his spider looks like a skull that way; similar to Miguel O'Hara's spider and that version of Spider-Man that became the Punisher for a time in a What If. If he's a clone of Miles, he could be his version of Kaine.

Well, this was a great issue! Nice to see Ben & Peter handling being part of a team with Spider-Ma'am. I'm rather concerned with Peter having a slice of the Carnage Symbiote, though. I imagine that will be revisited.