Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I was going to ask how pointing out the entire lineup is white is playing any "card" but then I remembered.... cards are toys and the people saying that are babies. Makes sense.

Yes, obviously the lineup would change.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Because of the experience I have of meeting people who enter modern X-Men with Astonishing, it really isn't that problematic.

Kitty Pryde in the collective imagination is like an eternal teenager, introducing her as an adult who returns to the X-Men after time out can serve as a hook. She is like the audience, grew up with the X-Men and returns now.

Colossus and Breakworld can be replaced by any resurrection in reality. In the case of the comic, people are used to seeing mutant resurrections all the time. In the case of movies, it may be another case like Kitty.

As with Kitty, the audience has become accustomed to waiting for Jean already dead. It is hard but it is true. The status quo of "Dead Jean, Cyclops with new girlfriend and resentful Logan" is very easy to understand.

Cassandra in cinematographic language can be replaced by any villain with telepathy. As Mr. Sinister, for example.
    I don't think so. Public isn't into girlfriends in refrigerators

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

HAHAHAHA...no!! And anyone thinking otherwise only thinks so because some of their faves were in that run.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    HAHAHAHA...no!! And anyone thinking otherwise only thinks so because some of their faves were in that run.
    Riveting. Explain?

I gave good reasons as to why I think Astonishing X-Men will be a major inspiration to the MCU and you just say... that.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Basically.

I doubt that Feige want to use anything that Whedon worked

BANNED

Because it was visually boring and intellectually shallow?
    Because it was designed as a follow up to another run itself and heavily referencing another past run, while missing the points made in both?
    Because the monochromatic cast is at odds with what current moviegoers want?
    Because its not 2012 anymore and even hardcore MCU drones have grown tired of Whedon quips, to an extent?
    Because the plotlines were terrible and the antagonists unreadable?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't think so. Public isn't into girlfriends in refrigerators
    Public is totally accustomed to that in every adaptation of Jean she ends up dying because her most iconic story is still Dark Phoenix Saga.

Better start with her already dead, we save the bad drink and resurrect her later. Even the X-Men anime and Wolverine and the X-Men starts like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Because it was visually boring and intellectually shallow?
    Because it was designed as a follow up to another run itself and heavily referencing another past run, while missing the points made in both?
    Because the monochromatic cast is at odds with what current moviegoers want?
    Because its not 2012 anymore and even hardcore MCU drones have grown tired of Whedon quips, to an extent?
    Because the plotlines were terrible and the antagonists unreadable?
    That's your opinion. It's one of the better '00s runs and I can see how the general setting would be adapted to screen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    That's your opinion. It's one of the better '00s runs and I can see how the general setting would be adapted to screen.
    Riveting.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It is a good run but it starts with Scott rebuilding the X-Men into an Avengers like team after the Xorn nonsense while running the school on the side. Then we get a cure plot which turns into a versus random aliens with resurrection side dish.

Whedon was snorting too much feet pics tbh.
    "Cable was right!"

Riveting.
    Why are so you sarcastic and snide? I'm just pointing out that it was liked, and many (myself included) enjoyed it. Astonishing X-Men was a gateway for new fans back then, so it did something right.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It is a good run but it starts with Scott rebuilding the X-Men into an Avengers like team after the Xorn nonsense while running the school on the side. Then we get a cure plot which turns into a versus random aliens with resurrection side dish.

Whedon was snorting too much feet pics tbh.
    Again, this goes back to the whole "inspiration not adaptation" thing I was talking about. The general feel, setting, team as superheroes, school, melodrama, aliens, and the modernization are all things the MCU can work with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Why are so you sarcastic and snide? I'm just pointing out that it was liked, and many (myself included) enjoyed it. Astonishing X-Men was a gateway for new fans back then, so it did something right.
    You asked for reasons and when given a list your reply was "well thats just opinions".
    Yeah it was liked but it was overrated and makes a terrible basis to build a movie franchise on. Its also kinda at odds with the current direction which i think the movies will lean on heavily.

You asked for reasons and when given a list your reply was "well thats just opinions".
    Yeah it was liked but it was overrated and makes a terrible basis to build a movie franchise on. Its also kinda at odds with the current direction which i think the movies will lean on heavily.
    Current direction? What, you mean introducing new heroes as they've always done?

Also look at the post above you.