Page 6830 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 58306330673067806820682668276828682968306831683268336834684068806930 ... LastLast
Results 102,436 to 102,450 of 104733
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quick question what did Tammy say that's pudding people off? Also link if possible, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Quick question what did Tammy say that's pudding people off? Also link if possible, please.
    I'm gonna guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Democrats LOVE to spout unity unity. Unless an actual Progressive runs and wins.
    Then they call out the civility police on those Progressives.
    They say don't attack the Democrat, it divides the party.

Then Nancy Pelosi and Tammy Duckworth Immediately Poo Poo on Ocasio-Cortez.

Ocasio-Cortez energized the base too much, with her pie in the sky policies I guess. The Establishment hates that.
    They attacked Bernies Policy positions needlessly instead of inviting his ideas. But they could Dismiss him since he wasn't a DEMOCRAT.

But Ocasio Cortez IS a Democrat, what's the excuse now? Yeah, yeah, Duckworth is a vet (So am I), She's a wounded soldier (and...), she should be listened to about Ocasio-Cortez. Why?

Democrats LOVE TO LOSE!! With their #McResistance Let's resist guys, Hey Maxine, can you just be civil and tone it down some?
    Hey, Bernie, your ideas are too liberal (Even though many states, including mine, are adopting many of your ideas.)
    Hey, Ocasio-Cortez those Ideas don't win the Midwest. (Sure they don't.)

God the Establishment SUCKS!

Ocasio-Cortez responds to Dem senator who said policies 'too far to the left' don't win in Midwest

Loved her response even though some of the Hillary Supporters say they will not support her now, because she said Bernies name, and for some reason, they never researched or Googled her to know she worked for the man.

But Bernie-Bros right? (I guess Ocasio-Cortez is a white male Bros also?)

With respect to the Senator, strong, clear advocacy for working class Americans isn’t just for the Bronx.

Sen. Sanders won:
    - Michigan
    - Minnesota
    - Kansas
    - Nebraska
    - Wisconsin
    - Indiana

We then lost several of those states in the general. What’s the plan to prevent a repeat?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

With all do respect to the young primary winner. Until she comes down to the Midwest and understands the cultural differences between the Midwest and the east and west coast, I don't think she should go shooting herself in the foot with her tweet.

Seriously, all states she mentions are high in voters that are very much red in most cases and have vastly different view points from the Bronx.

Also, if she's so progressive, how about stopping the gentrification of said burogh, where most people are getting pushed out who can't afford it.

Democrats LOVE to spout unity unity. Unless an actual Progressive runs and wins.
    Then they call out the civility police on those Progressives.
    They say don't attack the Democrat, it divides the party.

Then Nancy Pelosi and Tammy Duckworth Immediately Poo Poo on Ocasio-Cortez.

Ocasio-Cortez energized the base too much, with her pie in the sky policies I guess. The Establishment hates that.
    They attacked Bernies Policy positions needlessly instead of inviting his ideas. But they could Dismiss him since he wasn't a DEMOCRAT.

But Ocasio Cortez IS a Democrat, what's the excuse now? Yeah, yeah, Duckworth is a vet (So am I), She's a wounded soldier (and...), she should be listened to about Ocasio-Cortez. Why?

Democrats LOVE TO LOSE!! With their #McResistance Let's resist guys, Hey Maxine, can you just be civil and tone it down some?
    Hey, Bernie, your ideas are too liberal (Even though many states, including mine, are adopting many of your ideas.)
    Hey, Ocasio-Cortez those Ideas don't win the Midwest. (Sure they don't.)

God the Establishment SUCKS!

Ocasio-Cortez responds to Dem senator who said policies 'too far to the left' don't win in Midwest

Loved her response even though some of the Hillary Supporters say they will not support her now, because she said Bernies name, and for some reason, they never researched or Googled her to know she worked for the man.

But Bernie-Bros right? (I guess Ocasio-Cortez is a white male Bros also?)

With respect to the Senator, strong, clear advocacy for working class Americans isn’t just for the Bronx.

Sen. Sanders won:
    - Michigan
    - Minnesota
    - Kansas
    - Nebraska
    - Wisconsin
    - Indiana

We then lost several of those states in the general. What’s the plan to prevent a repeat?
    Does Ocasio-Cortez suggest Sanders would have won Kansas and Nebraska?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    If no one pays attention, what's the point of a protest vote? I guess this is something we're going to continue to disagree on Taz, because if you voted for an anti-vaxxer/someone about as intelligent as Trump/someone explicitly telling his followers to vote for Clinton then you threw your vote away in a gesture no one will appreciate except you. That's beyond any smug accusations made so far in this thread by an order of magnitude IMO.

I've often said, before and after the election, that it is one's duty to vote for the candidate who will win and cause the least harm. Voting for someone who intellectually everyone knew wasn't going to win isn't going to salve your conscience unless you really don't care what gets done despite your vote.

BTW Stein was nutty long before the home stretch.
    I'd vote Trump before an Anti-Vaxxer lol.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I'd vote Trump before an Anti-Vaxxer lol.
    Well he's expressed anti-vax attitudes before...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Isn't that the exact same thing in this case?
    Nope. You can be for supporting the Precedent of Roe V. Wade, without being for Abortion Rights. It's a word game. If she said she supports Abortion rights, that's a lot different than the Precedent of the Amendment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Well he's expressed anti-vax attitudes before...
    Aaaaaaaaagggghhh. Lol Mr. Clean is anti-anxiety? Ugh lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Does Ocasio-Cortez suggest Sanders would have won Kansas and Nebraska?
    Again this comes down to the fact that Bernie didn't need to. Bernie just needed to win the states he outperformed Clinton in, that Clinton in turn lost by very small margins and cost her the election.

Again there's always this point that Clinton did better than Bernie in red states that she ultimately got crushed in anyways as proof of her superiority while the states Bernie over performed in were the winnable states she actually needed to win.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    With all do respect to the young primary winner. Until she comes down to the Midwest and understands the cultural differences between the Midwest and the east and west coast, I don't think she should go shooting herself in the foot with her tweet.

Seriously, all states she mentions are high in voters that are very much red in most cases and have vastly different view points from the Bronx.

Also, if she's so progressive, how about stopping the gentrification of said burogh, where most people are getting pushed out who can't afford it.
    Again who overperformed in the Mid West in the primaries and who didn't? Who ultimately lost because of the midwest?

Also let's be honest, she's not in power yet, criticizing her for not doing something before she gets in office or has any political voting power is such a strawman distraction tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Again this comes down to the fact that Bernie didn't need to. Bernie just needed to win the states he outperformed Clinton in, that Clinton in turn lost by very small margins and cost her the election.

Again there's always this point that Clinton did better than Bernie in red states that she ultimately got crushed in anyways as proof of her superiority while the states Bernie over performed in were the winnable states she actually needed to win.
    A facet of that is that Clinton did better with African-Americans who are overrepresented in the Democratic primary electorate in the South.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Trevor Noah raises some very good points, regarding the civility issue and why the call for civility is just more whining from over-privileged 'snowflakes':

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Trevor Noah raises some very good points, regarding the civility issue and why the call for civility is just more whining from over-privileged 'snowflakes':

Bigger picture, people need to get a clue on this nonsense.

You do this, you wind up playing someone else's game instead of doing things that will actually amount to something. Take this Antifa nonsense that is now a "We Bad!" video for Proud Boys. I ain't even gonna post the video just a link. People need to start thinking about what they do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGhANz6-1o4

Astonishing Member

So I guess Trump wants to be in a trade war with the rest of the world eh?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/02/what...l-economy.html

I guess Trump will do some real damage to the US economy and tick off every major ally the US has, just to feed his victim complex.

Also it seems like Sarah Huckabee Sanders is calling out America's real enemy, Canada!

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/sar...ken-advantage/
    Last edited by The Overlord; 07-02-2018 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Bigger picture, people need to get a clue on this nonsense.

You do this, you wind up playing someone else's game instead of doing things that will actually amount to something. Take this Antifa nonsense that is now a "We Bad!" video for Proud Boys. I ain't even gonna post the video just a link. People need to start thinking about what they do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGhANz6-1o4
    Refusing to serve a politician who actively makes life harder and more miserable for people isn't rude. It isn't incivil. Red Hen was very polite in quietly asking Sarah Huckabee Sanders to leave rather than raising a big fuss. Then Sarah took to her Press Secretary account on Twitter - not her PERSONAL account, mind you - and put them on blast. And now they are facing vulgarity, threats, and other horrors. For being civil, but still inconveniencing a paid mouthpiece for a dictatorial wannabe.

Civility doesn't work. It has not worked historically, those who call for it are generally those who were abominable to others but dislike their behavior directed at themselves, and I don't think anyone should bother being civil or polite to ANYONE in the Trump administration or Congress until something is done about the daily embarrassments, gaffes, head-smackers, and utter horrors coming out of DC. The DC elite clawed, spit and destroyed their opponents in dirty schemes and underhanded deals, all while screwing over everyone around themselves to get where they are. They don't get to whine about being inconvenienced or people being 'rude' when they are voting to rip families apart, when they take bribes...sorry, 'lobbies'...more seriously than their constituants, when they vote to strip healthcare and food from the poor and turn a blind eye to the crimes of their cronies and paymasters.

Civility, like respect, is for those who've never done anything to warrant it's absence, not those who've made every effort to not deserve it. I am not at ALL advocating violence against people (except for Nazis, of course. They deserve a good punch, but that's it. Any more is crossing the line), but making assholes uncomfortable by confronting them about the things they do? That is FAIR game.
    Last edited by zinderel; 07-02-2018 at 09:59 PM.