Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The Titans are a group of lifelong friends. Their naming sense isn't gonna be based on achievement but how much they love each other. Roy Harper Academy makes sense. If it's awkward when he comes back, then awkward it is.

The Harry Potter comment has the same effect to me as a Wonder Woman supporting character playing Arkham Knight, the Supersons Family discussing the difference between Batman 66 and Superman 78 theme song, or Jon Kent Naruto-running, which is just an amused "heheh".

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Anyone who knows me know that the Titans are my 1st DC Love but i'm going to have to pass on this i'm TOTALLY so Tired of everything BATMAN can we have something that's doesn't have the entire Bat Family taking spotlight from other chracters.i don't mind Nightwing.but know we have Bratgirl.and yeah i've heard this Red X character is from TTGo but really we all know he's Batman Based.anyway just my thoughts i hope we get a 2nd Titans Title somewhere in the near future.
    Red X isn’t Batman based. Like you said, it comes from the TT cartoon. The only connection to Batman is that Dick created it. But beyond that it’s never had any interaction with Batman and is solely a Titans thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The Titans are a group of lifelong friends. Their naming sense isn't gonna be based on achievement but how much they love each other. Roy Harper Academy makes sense. If it's awkward when he comes back, then awkward it is.

The Harry Potter comment has the same effect to me as a Wonder Woman supporting character playing Arkham Knight, the Supersons Family discussing the difference between Batman 66 and Superman 78 theme song, or Jon Kent Naruto-running, which is just an amused "heheh".
    Roy wasn’t particularly loved though. His main book for the last decade was RHatO’s, where his thing was how he was a left over screw up or outlier along with Jason. Roy wasn’t Donna or something where he was particularly beloved among the Titans.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-19-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Is this even a teambook? Like them going out and fighting bad guys or is this just saved by the bell with superpowers?

If it is based on how much they loved each other then the name doesn't make any sense. They all have barely interacted since the New 52 and characters like Dick and Roy do not have much love for each other as we have seen. Roy hasn't even been on the same team as Raven, Cyborg, and Beast Boy since the New 52 launched a decade ago. Roy just isn't some core Titans member where naming a whole Titans school around him makes any kind of sense given how the character is actually portrayed in this group of characters and franchise.

Panel-time aside I think it's pretty clear the main Titans all love and care about each other and Roy is important to the main team for one reason or another.

I don't mind if "Titans Academy" was the actual name of the school in universe.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    If it is based on how much they loved each other then the name doesn't make any sense. They all have barely interacted since the New 52 and characters like Dick and Roy do not have much love for each other as we have seen. Roy hasn't even been on the same team as Raven, Cyborg, and Beast Boy since the New 52 launched a decade ago. Roy just isn't some core Titans member where naming a whole Titans school around him makes any kind of sense given how the character is actually portrayed in this group of characters and franchise.
    They do now. Timeline is realigned, everyone remember their past versions, also he's thought to be dead.

They do now. Timeline is realigned, everyone remember their past versions, also he's thought to be dead.
    Which is useless because we have no idea what is or what isn't canon still. No one really knows anymore. Is the pre-Crisis history canon? Post-crisis? New 52? Rebirth? They can't all be canon at the same time as stories overlap. But what we do know is that for a long time the Titans have not really been shown as having this close relationship with Roy. Donna has, and Wally too because he killed him and now writers are writing Wally and Roy together all over the place, but no one outside of that has really been shown to be close with him. Wally isn't even involved in this school. I guess Starfire maybe because she was fucking him for a long time in Outlaws, but is that still canon? No idea. It feels like Jason is who is Roy's best friend now and someone like Dick deciding to name a school after Roy just feels so disingenuous when Dick hasn't even reacted to anything involving Roy's death, and the last time the two had some meaningful interaction Roy was beating the **** out of Dick and telling him how he is a failure of a hero.

If he was still dead then maybe you could argue it more, but he is alive and already in the solicits running around with Green Arrow. It just feels like this was poorly implemented and naming the school after Roy you kind of cap yourself on the school having any chance of lasting I think.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Is this even a teambook? Like them going out and fighting bad guys or is this just saved by the bell with superpowers?
    I feel like Titans Academy is more interested in shilling Red X(who's being made canon far too late) than the Titans or the other students. Based on what we know the book feels like a more boring version of Strange Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Hopefully both but we don't know yet.

Preview for Titans Academy #1

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/03/19/dc...ans-academy-1/

Two things of note

1. Starfire being Headmistress of the school is interesting, makes sense though since she’s a lot more personable then others and not silly as others.

2. Apparently the Titans took student applications and then denied applicants who didn’t qualify. How does one apply to Titans Academy and what are the standards? Who screens the applications? Especially that last one since they let Red X in.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Two things of note

1. Starfire being Headmistress of the school is interesting, makes sense though since she’s a lot more personable then others and not silly as others.

2. Apparently the Titans took student applications and then denied applicants who didn’t qualify. How does one apply to Titans Academy and what are the standards? Who screens the applications? Especially that last one since they let Red X in.
    So Starfire is now a sexy headmistress? Can she wear the proper attire with a tight blouse and skirt ?

Even the statue for Roy knew not to display him with the trucker hat.

I don't know whether all the Titans teachers having T belt buckles is cute or silly (but I don't mind it).

Why does Raven's skin look so pale?

Y'know, Donna has a codename too...should be "Ms. Troia."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Starfire is now a sexy headmistress? Can she wear the proper attire with a tight blouse and skirt ?
    LOL! It won't be the first time...
    Last edited by K7P5V; 03-19-2021 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Two things of note

Oh dear. Mr Nightwing? Ms Raven? Mr Beast Boy?

Hmmm...

...Oof... I didn't think it would be written that cringe. And I guess the preview is leading right into the Harry Potter joke. Gonna depend on execution as to how that hits the mark, imo.

I agree with warzone that there are too many bat inspired heroes in the title even if Red X isn't part of them, it's still too many.