Page 36 of 456 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

‘WandaVision’ was the most watched Disney+ series of 2021 with 7.3 BILLION minutes of viewing time,
    Nielsen reports.

Most watched show outside of Netflix as well

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    It's one thing to not be in the current roster Avengers comics, it's quite another to not be in them at all. Wanda doesn't even pop up as a guest character, despite her history with the team. Clint, Vision, and Janet also get short shrift.

There's also the fact that Carol is now likely permanently ensconced in the "Powerful Woman" slot. The Avengers roster these days is like in a videogame, where you have 8 equipment slots but actually you can only customize 3, because 5 of them (Tony, Cap, Thor, Carol, T'challa) are always in use so are off limits. In the old days Wanda, Vision, Clint, and Janet were the actual core/heart of the team, really, with Cap, Tony, and Thor being the solo characters guesting. Now it's the "star" solo characters who are the core of the team, with a few flavour of the months tacked on in the remaining slots to act as sidekicks.

If they can't use the name Shuma Gorath, and were creating an amalgam of Shuma and Chthon, they would simply call him Chthon. Using Gargantos (what a cheesy, awful name!) allows them to save Chthon till later.
    It's weird how in 2022 there can't be more than one "Powerful Woman." They need to evolve and get over it.

I think they used Gargantos because the original Shuma-Gorath in Conan was a monster that had invaded Atlantis. And in Marvel Comics, that was Gargantos.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm not saying there isn't a bias either. I just also never said that they were making good business decisions. It's just not specifically known why they are apprehensive about putting Wanda into an ongoing. And it doesn't make sense why a company would not capitalize on her popularity. And yes, we don't even know if they don't like her. It could be a thing where they just have other things planned with certain writers for certain events and none of those plans include Wanda.
    Having no plans that include Wanda in events would mean she'd be free to get an on-going at least, unless you mean that the writers for the events are the ones they would rather use for Wanda later.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    It's one thing to not be in the current roster Avengers comics, it's quite another to not be in them at all. Wanda doesn't even pop up as a guest character, despite her history with the team. Clint, Vision, and Janet also get short shrift.

There's also the fact that Carol is now likely permanently ensconced in the "Powerful Woman" slot.
    I'll always find it funny they put her in that slot, and she ain't buffed to her Binary power levels for some reason lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Idk why it is that hard for them to have to sepate avengers ongoings at the same time
    Do the Avengers sell enough to have more than one on-going nowadays?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

All i know is that the jason aaron avengers are lame and bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Having no plans that include Wanda in events would mean she'd be free to get an on-going at least, unless you mean that the writers for the events are the ones they would rather use for Wanda later.

I'll always find it funny they put her in that slot, and she ain't buffed to her Binary power levels for some reason lol.

Marvel has long roped many of it's books into events. Even Wanda's last solo got roped into CWII which she had nothing to do with. So yeah, often times ongoings do have something to do with if they fit in with Marvel's over-arching plans.

We don't know current sales of any books atm because of the Penguin House switch. But before that, Avengers was selling well. 30-40k range per month.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Marvel has long roped many of it's books into events. Even Wanda's last solo got roped into CWII which she had nothing to do with. So yeah, often times ongoings do have something to do with if they fit in with Marvel's over-arching plans.

We don't know current sales of any books atm because of the Penguin House switch. But before that, Avengers was selling well. 30-40k range per month.
    I'm not an expert, so is that good?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I'm not an expert, so is that good?
    Yeah it's usually close to top-mid of sales. Rarely you get books that go over 100k monthly but that's usually titles no one can compete with like Batman.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

I JUST Made My Order Tonight for My Scarlet Witch Collection!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

That looks awesome, shame I would have no room for it

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

Have you heard anything about the Iron Studio/Open Vault statue that was supposed to be out between Oct.-Dec.?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    Have you heard anything about the Iron Studio/Open Vault statue that was supposed to be out between Oct.-Dec.?
    Mostly what I know about all the ones in the link I provided in my recent post, the dates of pre-order expectations with them as well. I did try to fine anything else on the Iron Studios I could but so far I didn’t find anything else that is not connected the link, thanks for asking.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Cool

Scarlet Witch MECHA Skin for Marvel Super Wars!

Damn this one is really big!!

Scarlet Witch MECHA Skin for Marvel Super Wars!

That looks very cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    You never know...

kdb
    Thank you for feigning interest in my nonsense
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”