Page 177 of 744 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227277677 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I'd want a convaluted story of M'Baku becoming movie M'baku and taking ack the Jabari lands from the MA. Culminating in a 2 on 1 fight.
    Of all the mini we have had, M'baku makes the most sense. They tried to MCU'ize Killmonger with a mini (but somehow left out all the MCU stuff... stupid) and the just straight up changed shuri into a brand new character. But M'baku just needs altered, not revamped.

But you would have to commit to ridding the mythos of the MA occupation of the Jabari lands.

You can easily have a story with M'baku coming back to Wakanda and slowly re-earning T'challa's trust, culminating in his full return and ending of his exile. Dude doesn't hate Wakanda or anything. He just doesn't like the dominant religion essentially

I would love a series getting into M'baku's brain a bit. Despite being a "known" BP villain... most of his appearances are surface level and hammy as hell. He should have shown up in Rise of the Black Panther. They were friends afterall as his betrayal came later (and really doesn't make any sense with the new canon). Probably should have had a M'baku team up rather than Namor/Doom/WS/Storm (pick one). Coulda had Jakarra outside the Jabari Lands and that is hat draws Mbaku and T'challa together to unite against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Because of his role as a king rather than a traditional superhero, it's much easier for his rogues to have situational ethics. They might have issues that put them at odds with BP specifically, or with something that effects Wakanda, but might not necessarily mean they are bent on world domination, or some scheme that would paint them as outwardly villains.

BP himself is a character that operates in shades of grey.

Like say BP and M'Baku are fighting because he thinks he should be ruler, but something happens that endangers a Wakandan child. M'Baku might very well aid T'challa in averting disaster and then go right back to fighting him on philosophical differences.
    Yup.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 03-01-2019 at 09:09 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The movie showed that there are better uses for the characters than their comic counterparts.
    Different but I wouldn't necessarily say better. I think having a villain with a justifiable or at least understandable stance can potentially be just as important as adding to his supporting cast. Given the genre, arguably more important.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Different but I wouldn't necessarily say better. I think having a villain with a justifiable or at least understandable stance can potentially be just as important as adding to his supporting cast. Given the genre, arguably more important.
    All three had a stance different from Tchalla. And they made it work better than the comic. Only thing Killmonger was missing was his love of money.

All three had a stance different from Tchalla. And they made it work better than the comic. Only thing Killmonger was missing was his love of money.
    Sure, but my point is comics need villains. Is it worrh sacrificing some of his biggest so the character can have more buddies to hang with.

Claremont ended up doing it wirh Magneto, so it can be in theory. Still, I'd argue its easier to create new supporting characters than it is to create new villains that people actually care about.

Speaking of villains, Secret Empire already set up a sick nasty T'Challa/Zemo beef, but we had to go to space, so forget that I guess.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Sure, but my point is comics need villains. Is it worrh sacrificing some of his biggest so the character can have more buddies to hang with.

Claremont ended up doing it wirh Magneto, so it can be in theory. Still, I'd argue its easier to create new supporting characters than it is to create new villains that people actually care about.
    Isn't using the same villians over and over something people complain about? I'd rather have new ones for BP. Zemo because of SE, a super skrull survivor, there was a death god in Xmen gold that would make a good one, and a couple original creations to spice thing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Book sales are a funny thing, because we get rankings, but not unit or dollar sales (those numbers are apparently proprietary to Bookscan).

But here's a formula I found that supposedly works as a rule of thumb:

100,000 / Amazon Rank = Number of copies sold per day.

(Note that this is overall rank, not GN or Marvel only).

Which means that currently, the great critical darling TNC is selling a grand total of about 7 copies of the first trade a day in soft or hardcover. Or ~200 a month.

Doesn't seem so great now, does it? He's doing a LITTLE better on the Kindle. There the first trade is selling... 3,000 a month.

Whee.
    Damn BoG dropping all sorts of knowledge!..

So if the trades are doing those numbers. Then why is he still around? That is just sad numbers

Isn't using the same villians over and over something people complain about? I'd rather have new ones for BP. Zemo because of SE, a super skrull survivor, there was a death god in Xmen gold that would make a good one, and a couple original creations to spice thing up.
    It can be a problem with some villains, but I wouldn't say it's a problem for BP. Truth is his rogues probably don't get used enough in his books.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Damn BoG dropping all sorts of knowledge!..

So if the trades are doing those numbers. Then why is he still around? That is just sad numbers
    That's the thing ... he's not only still around, they gave him a second high profile book to work on. So either they ate happy with his numbers, they are happy with his work, or its a little of both.

Thing is we don't see the real numbers, and that's even more so now with online sales. We'll know marvel isn't happy when he's off the book.

That's the thing ... he's not only still around, they gave him a second high profile book to work on. So either they ate happy with his numbers, they are happy with his work, or its a little of both.

Thing is we don't see the real numbers, and that's even more so now with online sales. We'll know marvel isn't happy when he's off the book.
    I think Alex Alanso offered him that assigment early on. But then SE backslash + the meltdown at NYCC happened and they had Mark Weid come in and do clean up first to put enough time between SE and Coates.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Speaking of villains, Secret Empire already set up a sick nasty T'Challa/Zemo beef, but we had to go to space, so forget that I guess.
    Zenzi hasn't even been captured

Stane was captured/beaten in someone elses book (cap)

I don't even know what happened to Faustus

Klaue was beaten by Thunderball

Adversary was beaten by Storm

Asha was used to beat the GD Fenris!

We are probably better off Coates ignored the Zemo/other SE stuff because it likely would have been unsatisfying anyway.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Zenzi hasn't even been captured

Stane was captured/beaten in someone elses book (cap)

I don't even know what happened to Faustus

Klaue was beaten by Thunderball

Adversary was beaten by Storm

Asha was used to beat the GD Fenris!

We are probably better off Coates ignored the Zemo/other SE stuff because it likely would have been unsatisfying anyway.
    Zenzi also freed Tetu. Sharon Carter got knocked out Faustus in SE. Thunderball went back to the wrecking crew and curbstomped Doom.

Thunderball went back to the wrecking crew and curbstomped Doom.
    glad to see we wasted half a year o THunderballs redemption in a BlackPanther book

Of all the mini we have had, M'baku makes the most sense. They tried to MCU'ize Killmonger with a mini (but somehow left out all the MCU stuff... stupid) and the just straight up changed shuri into a brand new character. But M'baku just needs altered, not revamped.

But you would have to commit to ridding the mythos of the MA occupation of the Jabari lands.

You can easily have a story with M'baku coming back to Wakanda and slowly re-earning T'challa's trust, culminating in his full return and ending of his exile. Dude doesn't hate Wakanda or anything. He just doesn't like the dominant religion essentially

I would love a series getting into M'baku's brain a bit. Despite being a "known" BP villain... most of his appearances are surface level and hammy as hell. He should have shown up in Rise of the Black Panther. They were friends afterall as his betrayal came later (and really doesn't make any sense with the new canon). Probably should have had a M'baku team up rather than Namor/Doom/WS/Storm (pick one). Coulda had Jakarra outside the Jabari Lands and that is hat draws Mbaku and T'challa together to unite against them.

Yup.
    I would like to see M'Baku come in and kick the MA our of the jabari lands. One they don't deserve it. Two Coates out them there so they could be ignored. And three it give M'Baku the in he needs like you were saying

glad to see we wasted half a year o THunderballs redemption in a BlackPanther book
    B- but look at all the stuff other characters we're able to do in T'Challas book! I mean they were in there enough they are basically apart of his mythos right? Right???..