Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I've stopped collecting - but I have always loved Dani. I, however, was not a fan of the Valkyrie thing remaining with her. I felt it took away and mired her Native American status - as everything suddenly centered around her being a Valkyrie.
    And having her and Rahne become a couple in that god-awful movie was such an improvement, wasn't it?

Respect Danielle Moonstar!

This is a blast from the past, but the author did a great job of breaking down Moonstar's abilities, supporting by dozens of cool "evidentiary" links about her background / capabilities / powers:

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...ar_marvel_616/

Definitely worth checking out for Dani Diehards.

Picture2.jpg 9b7363e9681ceec687c3e6f62fc0e8dc.jpg fa5266fc4bce4ac5ac102fdf3b6ff239.jpg
    Last edited by rf2044; 03-02-2021 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    And having her and Rahne become a couple in that god-awful movie was such an improvement, wasn't it?
    I've not seen the New Mutants movie. Simply because I refuse to pay for what I know is going to disappointment me. When it comes out on HBO, or something, I will watch it there.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

I regret to say I really didn’t know that much about Dani until I listened to the cerebro podcast and now I’m reading through all her issues and I think she’s amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I regret to say I really didn’t know that much about Dani until I listened to the cerebro podcast and now I’m reading through all her issues and I think she’s amazing
    It doesn't matter when you became a fan; it only matters that you are.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Amazing Member

Default New Mutants Movie

I've not seen the New Mutants movie. Simply because I refuse to pay for what I know is going to disappointment me. When it comes out on HBO, or something, I will watch it there.
    Yeah, that movie was such a HUGE disappointment. I'm the type the finds something good about everything, but this movie....wow. The characterization is all wrong (with the exception of Sunspot). Magik, in the comics, always had a mean streak but she was not such a major bitch. Dani is shy and not the way she is supposed to be. Moonstar is my favorite X-Man and I was so disappointed with her characterization. I have nothing against gay characters, especially considering I have Northstar and Karma tattooed on my legs, but the coupling of Rahne and Dani seemed forced. Bob McLeod was not happy with his characters and I have to admit, he's absolutely right. If it's playing on HBO, make sure there's nothing else on.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydiaz81 View Post
    Yeah, that movie was such a HUGE disappointment. I'm the type the finds something good about everything, but this movie....wow. The characterization is all wrong (with the exception of Sunspot). Magik, in the comics, always had a mean streak but she was not such a major bitch. Dani is shy and not the way she is supposed to be. Moonstar is my favorite X-Man and I was so disappointed with her characterization. I have nothing against gay characters, especially considering I have Northstar and Karma tattooed on my legs, but the coupling of Rahne and Dani seemed forced. Bob McLeod was not happy with his characters and I have to admit, he's absolutely right. If it's playing on HBO, make sure there's nothing else on.

I posted this a while back in the movie thread -- but this video is a very funny parody of the pitch meeting for the New Mutants film -- points out a lot of the movie's goofy flaws:

I saw it for free via Redbox rental reward from T-Mobile. Glad I didnt pay for it

ETA:

Dani's 2021 domination continues. An AU version of her appeared in Demon Days today

Last edited by Havok83; 03-03-2021 at 10:04 AM.

Havok -- is that Demon Days #1?

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    Havok -- is that Demon Days #1?
    Yep! It made me interesting in seeing Dani and Psylocke in the main universe

This is the only time I can recall them somewhat interacting

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yep! It made me interesting in seeing Dani and Psylocke in the main universe

This is the only time I can recall them somewhat interacting
    In New Mutants vol1 Dani had some fun teasing Doug about his and Betsy's mutal crush.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I saw it for free via Redbox rental reward from T-Mobile. Glad I didnt pay for it

ETA:

Dani's 2021 domination continues. An AU version of her appeared in Demon Days today

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Demon Days in the past and Sai is supposed to be an ancestor of Psylocke?

Found this article about Demon Days: X-Men #1 -- pretty cool summary of what Peach Momoko's concept was:

Here's what they had to say about Dani's character:

Tsuki, a young archer whose name tellingly translates to "moon"...

https://screenrant.com/review-demon-...into-folktale/

Demon-Days-X-Men-03-Header.jpg

In honor of International Women's Day -- Dani makes this list of 6 women superheroes who lead the way:

31e5a9b0c7fe814f509fb054a9db2d00.jpg

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...onal-women-day

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    In honor of International Women's Day -- Dani makes this list of 6 women superheroes who lead the way:

31e5a9b0c7fe814f509fb054a9db2d00.jpg

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...onal-women-day
    I LOVE that her profile continues to rise in 2021. Yes Marvel; continue to highlight her!