Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Yeah, I skimmed it last night. Just a recap, but it's nice that cbr is paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    Speaking of that, what did everybody think about New Mutants #17?
    I loved it. I think Tran would be a great candidate for Hellions. I'd much rather read about him than Empath.

Concerning the Crucible, Dani doesn't seem like the most obvious choice given her powers, but people may perceive her to be "one of the kindly ones" that was mentioned in Way of X.
    She did say that she could make her psychic arrow lethal (which...how did she find that out? I want to know that story)
    Ah3a51n.jpg

Might have been something she learned in Asgard since we still don't know what happened to make her leave, only that our was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    I loved it. I think Tran would be a great candidate for Hellions. I'd much rather read about him than Empath.
    (Meant to reply to this, but I got distracted. )

I'd rather read about him than Empath, too, but I'd like him to stay in Vita's hands for awhile. I'm really curious about what she has planned. Is he reformed or will he be a new antagonist or something in between?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Might have been something she learned in Asgard since we still don't know what happened to make her leave, only that our was bad.
    Always been a Dani fan. Just curious if she has ever interacted with any pantheon gods or great spirits of her culture? Other than the Demon Bear, which I appreciated her handling in the New Mutants movie. There has been some cognitive dissonance with the norse-ification of characters like Dani and Storm, who come from distinct cultures, but are already bad-asses even without powers. At first it reeked of colonization and supremecy to me, but now I see the Asgardians as a diverse set of aliens. Still, it would be nice to delve more in Dani's cultural lore. Growing up in the prairies, Dani-centric stories like the Demon Bear Saga were immersive reads.

Yes, she met one of the Cheyenne gods in an issue of Marvel Comics Presents we back when. He wasn't happy about her staying in Asgard, but she negotiated with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Yes, she met one of the Cheyenne gods in an issue of Marvel Comics Presents we back when. He wasn't happy about her staying in Asgard, but she negotiated with him.
    Thanks. I'll check it out on marvel unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    Always been a Dani fan. Just curious if she has ever interacted with any pantheon gods or great spirits of her culture? Other than the Demon Bear, which I appreciated her handling in the New Mutants movie. There has been some cognitive dissonance with the norse-ification of characters like Dani and Storm, who come from distinct cultures, but are already bad-asses even without powers. At first it reeked of colonization and supremecy to me, but now I see the Asgardians as a diverse set of aliens. Still, it would be nice to delve more in Dani's cultural lore. Growing up in the prairies, Dani-centric stories like the Demon Bear Saga were immersive reads.

As Arachne pointed out, it was in Marvel Presents #120, published in 1992. It was a one-off story several years after Dani left the New Mutants to remain in Asgard back in New Mutants vol 1 #87 [published in 1990]. This was Dani's first appearance since then -- and in it, she is confronted by the Cheyenne diety, Hotamitanio. Here's a summary:

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chron..._121_mir.shtml

MCP121_Mirage6.jpg

Thanks for adding the details, I didn't have time to look them up. (Got a last minute appointment for the vaccine.)

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post

Concerning the Crucible, Dani doesn't seem like the most obvious choice given her powers, but people may perceive her to be "one of the kindly ones" that was mentioned in Way of X.
    She did say that she could make her psychic arrow lethal (which...how did she find that out? I want to know that story)
    Ah3a51n.jpg

I thought it was VERY interesting that when Dani and Xi'an finally tracked down Josh, he wasn't interested in going back to Krakoa, or living there anymore. Despite all of the advantages [especially resurrection], he turned that down in favor of other pursuits. I wonder if that's a harbinger of a sentiment that will become more pervasive across the X-books / Kirkman plots.

A couple of other random thoughts:

-- Apparently, Roma thinks Dani is pretty - she mentioned it numerous times!

-- What's with all of these people wanting Dani to kill them in the Crucible?

-- I wonder what's going to transpire if Dani agrees to face Xi'an in the Crucible, in terms of what Kosmar's reaction would be after Dani turned her down a few issues back?
    Last edited by rf2044; 05-04-2021 at 08:04 AM.

Dani being chosen for the Crucible makes ZERO sense. Her powers are non-lethal. In extreme cases they can be not less so against another psionic like Karma. Also the point of the Crucible is for the combatant to earn their death and its set up for them to lose. Its a guarantee that any human that fought Apocalypse was either going to die or yield before death. Thats not a guarantee against Dani as Karma can just as easily win, defeating the whole purpose of it

Aside from that its morbid. Why would someone want to kill their friend, someone they consider a sister? Thats dark and f--ked up of Karma to even put that on her

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Dani being chosen for the Crucible makes ZERO sense. Her powers are non-lethal. In extreme cases they can be not less so against another psionic like Karma. Also the point of the Crucible is for the combatant to earn their death and its set up for them to lose. Its a guarantee that any human that fought Apocalypse was either going to die or yield before death. Thats not a guarantee against Dani as Karma can just as easily win, defeating the whole purpose of it

Aside from that its morbid. Why would someone want to kill their friend, someone they consider a sister? Thats dark and f--ked up of Karma to even put that on her

The whole concept of the Cruible seems dumb to me. I can see using the resurrection capability as an option in case someone is killed, but why continue any tradition that Apocalypse started? Really, really odd.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Who said Dani has to use her powers? She's good with a knife and a sword. This most likely won't be a real fight. Karma will most likely stand still and close her eyes and Dani will simply run her through at that point.

As to why? Read Dead Souls. Dani knows Xi'an's and Tran's story. Which is why Xi'an asked her. If it wasn't Dani, it would've been Illyana.

In a lot of ways the lives of the New Mutants have been a lot darker and f--ked up than those of the X-Men.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 05-04-2021 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Who said Dani has to use her powers? She's good with a knife and a sword. This most likely won't be a real fight. Karma will most like stand still and close her eyes and Dani will simply run her through at that point.

As to why? Read Dead Souls. Dani knows Xi'an's and Tran's story. Which is why Xi'an asked her. If it wasn't Dani, it would've been Illyana.
    Its stupid if she doesnt use her powers bc its a ritual where a nonmutant must fight a mutant to be reborn. Powers kinda go along with that and it defeats the purposes to simply fight as flatscans

I thought Illyana but I dont think Illyana would do it bc of Dead Souls. I dont see her wanting to release Tran into the world free with his own body and agency to potentially do whatever after what was done to her. Karma knew not to ask her bc of that especially considering how it soured their relationship