Page 191 of 254 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 3801
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Sad indeed. As a straight white guy who considers Diana his favorite superhero, I'm all kinds of dismayed whenever I encounter guys who think that liking Diana is somehow unmanly.

I can understand not wanting to wear a WW shirt has pink all over it and is clearly designed to appeal to women and/or girls, but this jacket is clearly designed to appeal to men. It's a denim jacket. The only difference between it and other denim jackets is the WW logo on the back. If you like the character, this is a perfectly fine way to show it.

I may just look into getting one of these myself. It'd be great to wear it to my first viewing of Wonder Woman (assuming Florida's infernal weather would cooperate with the idea of wearing a jacket in June!)

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    If WW does ~600m I think we'll be safe for a sequel sometime.
    If it does anything ~700m or above I think we'll get one sooner rather than later.

I'm currently predicting it'll make somewhere between 600 & 700, I'm extremely confident it's gonna be met well critically (with WB showing clips etc at Cons and the reaction being positive) so that will only help it.
    600m is very doable for a movie with this kind of hype. And 600m is more than enough to be considered a financial success. If the critics like it too, then that will make Wonder Woman the DCEU's first Grand Slam home run.

If that happens? Everything changes, as far as I'm concerned. Marvel, DC, Fox, and Sony are probably going to start pushing hard for more female-centered movies. Whole new audiences may start flocking to CBMs in short order. We may very well find that this golden age of CBMs hasn't even truly begun yet.

And that's just if it makes 600m: about average for a single-hero debut movie. It could go to 700m. Heck, I don't think 800m is completely outside the realm of possibility. A billion may be a bit too much to hope for, but this movie could potentially turn into a real runaway hit, nonetheless.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    Anything relevant and newsworthy? I found those guys unwatchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Plexter View Post
    Nothing we haven't seen from other sources already, but considering how large Collider's YouTube base is, their positive endorsement of what they saw of the WW movie is probably going to instill a LOT of confidence in this movie in a lot of people.

They liked everything they saw. They grade the Alleyway scene (where Diana protects Steve with her bracelets) as an "A." The third scene, which is the battlefield scene, they give an "A+." It's supposed to be AMAZING. And keep in mind, these guys are from Collider, and Collider is notorious for being one of the most outspoken critics of the DCEU to this point. If THEY are this impressed, then they're telling a lot of like-minded people out there that this movie is definitely worth their time and money. That's good news for this movie.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Nothing we haven't seen from other sources already, but considering how large Collider's YouTube base is, their positive endorsement of what they saw of the WW movie is probably going to instill a LOT of confidence in this movie in a lot of people.
    Weren't Collider also the people who labeled it a complete dumpsterfire based on rumors from some guy who knew a guy who had a second step-cousin who had seen it?

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Weren't Collider also the people who labeled it a complete dumpsterfire based on rumors from some guy who knew a guy who had a second step-cousin who had seen it?
    Well, they reported that they'd heard it was in trouble from "unnamed sources." I don't remember if they actually declared whether or not they BELIEVED this rumor. They just reported what they'd heard.

Now, it's still all kinds of stupid to report anything based on nothing but hearsay, and I think ALL comic reporting sites should adopt a "No Source? No Report" policy. Reporting negative rumors that are completely unsubstantiated is reckless and can only hurt this golden age of comic movies in the long run. Let's just hope this positive report based on their own observation will carry more weight than "We heard something from someone that....."

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I really like her look and I hope this movie slays the box office. I'm much more excited for this film then I was for BvS and I hope this movie lives up to my expectations. From what I've seen, I think Gal looks and sounds great as Wonder Woman.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

About the boat scene: "He's like, 'who's your dad?' And she said: 'I don't have a dad, I was sculpted out of clay and my mom brought the clay to Zeus, and Zeus brought me to life'"

Yeah, nothing new, but I find the "my mom brought the clay to Zeus" pretty interesting

Have someone posted these and these?

Notice young Diana watching the training on this one!!!:

Astonishing Member

About the boat scene: "He's like, 'who's your dad?' And she said: 'I don't have a dad, I was sculpted out of clay and my mom brought the clay to Zeus, and Zeus brought me to life'"

Yeah, nothing new, but I find the "my mom brought the clay to Zeus" pretty interesting
    Oh, what I wouldn't give (if I actually had much to give) for that line to simply be, "I was brought to life by my mom and the goddesses."

Have someone posted these and these?

Notice young Diana watching the training on this one!!!:

These are cool. Thanks for sharing.

This is why I couldn't listen to those guys. If they were referring to the boat scene that was already shown in a previous trailer, she says nothing about clay, only that she was brought to life by Zeus which could mean a number of things.

Those guys were just yapping to yap imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Reminds me of a few years ago, a guy at the gym wore a woman's tank top with the same insignia on the chest, but the WW was colored in yellow. Nobody seemed to notice it, lol.
    to be fair, there's not much difference. Just color and size usually.

This is why I couldn't listen to those guys. If they were referring to the boat scene that was already shown in a previous trailer, she says nothing about clay, only that she was brought to life by Zeus which could mean a number of things.

Those guys were just yapping to yap imho.
    From many sources, I've heard in the actual film, she references the clay. They probably just edited it out of the boat scene for the trailers.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    to be fair, there's not much difference. Just color and size usually.
    No, there is a difference. This was a woman's cut tank-top. I could tell that instantly. In addition, besides being a little bit small on him, it did not fit him correctly. The color was the least of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    From many sources, I've heard in the actual film, she references the clay. They probably just edited it out of the boat scene for the trailers.
    Thanks for clarifying. I wonder if the film will take this as canon or if it will revealed to be a lie a la Azarello?