Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

That's really Jen's new costume? Okay .

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's really Jen's new costume? Okay .
    Looks ridiculous.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Please tell me she's wearing compressor gear, because Jen has a history of fighting in her undies, from her very first official Avengers fight.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

The new costume has Kirby influences, so that's a plus for me. It doesn't look bad on the cover, but it strikes me that this is a look that only a few artists will be able to nail down.....

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Sooooo, I guess we're going back to sexualizing Jen? Okay Marvel. You say you don't want to and mock her being a sex symbol, and then you do this. I don't get you.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Sooooo, I guess we're going back to sexualizing Jen? Okay Marvel. You say you don't want to and mock her being a sex symbol, and then you do this. I don't get you.
    I mean, even reading Aaron's Thor run, he can be very inconsistent with his themes and depictions .

Reminds me of female MMA fighter clothing with a cosmic touch.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, even reading Aaron's Thor run, he can be very inconsistent with his themes and depictions .
    Yeah, in the same issue where he said that She-Hulk don't want to be sexualized anymore, he sexualized her. He doesn't know how to handle this character.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Looks like Jen is keeping that… outfit.

AVENGERS #29
    JASON AARON (W) • ED MCGUINNESS (A/C)
    MARVELS X VARIANT COVER BY EMA LUPACCHINO
    STARBRAND REBORN Part Three: THE RISE OF THE WAR WIDOW
    The battle for the Starbrand heats up like a supernova, as Captain Marvel goes toe to toe with Firelord, Ghost Rider races the Silver Surfer and Brood Thor… tries to eat the Avengers. Meanwhile the Black Widow kicks much butt in outer space with a bold new weapon in her arsenal. That’s right, the Black Widow + the War Machine armor = the all-new, all-deadly War Widow.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AVENGERS #30
    JASON AARON (W) • ED MCGUINNESS (A) • Cover by MICO SUAYAN
    MARVELS X VARIANT COVER BY MARK BROOKS
    STARBRAND REBORN Conclusion: WHO WILL BE BRANDED?
    In a Shi’ar space prison the size of a galaxy, the cosmic war for the Starbrand super weapon comes to its cataclysmic conclusion. Who is the shocking new wielder of the Starbrand? And will they survive long enough to control the epic planet-melting power at their disposal? Not if Gladiator of the Shi’ar has anything to say about it. But the space-ravaged Avengers will have a thing or two to say about it too. Including Brood Thor, Captain Corsair, the War Widow, the new-look She-Hulk and Blade… as you’ve never seen him before!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Edit: Here's the solicit for Captain Marvel.
    CAPTAIN MARVEL #14
    KELLY THOMPSON (W) • LEE GARBETT (A) • Cover by MARK BROOKS
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY INHYUK LEE (3 OF 5)
    MARVELS X VARIANT COVER BY ALEX GARNER
    “THE LAST AVENGER” PART 3: DESPERATE MEASURES
    Two down. But time is running out, and there are Avengers left to kill. Can Captain Marvel finish off her former friends before the clock runs down — and all is lost?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

With that facemask, she reminds me of Kitana from Mortal Kombat.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I actually like this outfit, reminds me a mix of an mma outfit with the arm/leg brands of barbarian warriors like Conan/Red Sonja which both gives off themes of physical power/skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Artgerm always stuns , I'm very happy he had She-Hulk along with some other prominent Marvel ladies on his Inktober list

In She-Hulk sightings from last week we got She-Hulk's origin, a reference to a classic cover/moment to her savage series and her participation in the first Secret Wars in the History of the Marvel Universe #4.
    This week we got Avengers #25, kinda of a repeat of what happened last time in Avengers where She-Hulk's big moment is her powering up something else.
    Contagion #4, shows up for a single panel with the other Avengers subdued.
    Fearless #4, background dressing with some other Avengers, looking a bit chunkier than usual but I think She-Hulk pulls it off well.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

You know, thinking about it, in a run where Aaron beat the drum heavily about She-Hulk not being sexualized and being her own woman over and over... so far she has had for characterization being Thor's girlfriend and now will be wearing the skimpiest outfit she has ever worn in her entire career, not to mention the most fetishy. I really don't get She-Hulk anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    The new costume has Kirby influences, so that's a plus for me. It doesn't look bad on the cover, but it strikes me that this is a look that only a few artists will be able to nail down.....
    Yeah it reminds me of Big Barda's red bikini.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yeah it reminds me of Big Barda's red bikini.
    That's the vibe I'm getting too.