Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

I am not sure how the Final Execution saga was even worthless as an X-Force comic. It's one of the most deepening storylines in terms of moral ambiguity with X-Force characters learning how far it's gonna stake if they don't put the pieces right.

Apocalypse Twins are not just killer designs and they too have some compelling storytelling that started from UXF. It's really not just too easy to bring a Celestial to destroy the Earth for incriminating the Celestials. It goes way back when Thor used Jarnbjorn again Apocalypse.
    Last edited by Vishop; 03-25-2020 at 01:57 PM.

The Apocalypse Twin's designs are alright I guess, Japanese beetle Samurai. I like Digimon as much as the next guy.
    I still laugh when I remember that line where the heroes sees them for the first time and are all "they look just like their dad". How? They could not look any more different from Warren in either of his forms. And their powers were a bunch of "chronal" nonsense, and their backstories are sooo convoluted.

But everything from Red Onslaught, to Future X-Force, to that awful Otherworld arc, was a damn slog to get through

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Yeah, the twins had good designs.

"Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

So what were his ideas that he posted on Twitter because all I see is one page

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    So what were his ideas that he posted on Twitter because all I see is one page
    He only has one page of ideas that he regurgitates endlessly.

BANNED

I am not sure why people keep on telling that Final Execution Saga was a bad storyline without some reasoning but I guess whatever floats their boat to just criticize.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    So concepts like

Apocalypse Twins
    Red Skull using Charles's brain to make his self-conscious Onslaught.
    Final Horsemen
    Future X-Force

are bad?
    lol
    I can even tell by Axis that it was meant to be a more self-contained storyline in UA rather than line wide event. Heck his run is even than any Avenger run apart from Hickman of this decade.
    When I said “trash” I meant “trash”.

I like Rage of Ultron and Venom, I'm the hardest Remender stan there is.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The Apocalypse Twin's designs are alright I guess, Japanese beetle Samurai. I like Digimon as much as the next guy.
    I like Digimon more than the next guy, I guess. Aesthetically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I still laugh when I remember that line where the heroes sees them for the first time and are all "they look just like their dad". How? They could not look any more different from Warren in either of his forms. And their powers were a bunch of "chronal" nonsense, and their backstories are sooo convoluted.

But everything from Red Onslaught, to Future X-Force, to that awful Otherworld arc, was a damn slog to get through
    Agreed on all counts here.

I am not sure why people keep on telling that Final Execution Saga was a bad storyline without some reasoning but I guess whatever floats their boat to just criticize.
    It's not bad, it just pales in comparison to the Dark Angel Saga. The structure was overly familiar, the pacing was sluggish, and the main character dynamic (Wolverine vs Daken) lacked proper weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I like Rage of Ultron and Venom, I'm the hardest Remender stan there is.
    Left out Secret Avengers, eh?
    Last edited by H-E-D; 03-25-2020 at 01:03 PM.

Fantastic Member

Dark Angel Saga was one of the best stories writtennin Xbooks. While I like the design of the Apocalypse twins their powers could have stopped at Uriel being able to shoot energy razors and Eimin having some form of chronoskimming where she can freeze her opponents in time or see the most probable possibilities up to a certain point and maybe fire an energy beam that can disintegrate or burn like corrosive acid

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Hcickman could’ve approached him like he did Gillen and Carey.
    He did?! And they said no? Damn...

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Dark Angel Saga was one of the best stories writtennin Xbooks. While I like the design of the Apocalypse twins their powers could have stopped at Uriel being able to shoot energy razors and Eimin having some form of chronoskimming where she can freeze her opponents in time or see the most probable possibilities up to a certain point and maybe fire an energy beam that can disintegrate or burn like corrosive acid
    I'm still unclear what were their mutant powers and what were their Kang powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    He did?! And they said no? Damn...
    Gillen is focusing on creator owned right now. And Carey is busy with prose, I believe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

It's not bad, it just pales in comparison to the Dark Angel Saga. The structure was overly familiar, the pacing was sluggish, and the main character dynamic (Wolverine vs Daken) lacked proper weight.
    I would gladly want to know how an X-Force Mutopia is overtly familiar.
    I agree Wolverine vs Daken was particularly underwhelming. I mean the whole issue was kinda underwhelming but Remender wanted to explicit the trauma more than the fight itself IMO

I would gladly want to know how an X-Force Mutopia is overtly familiar.
    I meant the story structure. Problem manifests in present day, X-Force ends up in alternate reality/future that is the ultimate endpoint of problem, X-Force uses something from that alternate reality in the present day to avert the problem.

BANNED

Yeah well, time travel narratives are overtly saturated conceptually in most storylines. DOFP has that similar kinda of loop but I don't think the concept of X-Force Mutopia was bad really.