Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    How did Screentime's grandfather make Internet gas? I thought senior citizens were technologically incompetent.
    What is internet gas anyway? Is it a physical thing or is it more like a computer virus? How would it affect an actual human?

I think “internet gas” is just modern “alien magic ring”. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    What is internet gas anyway? Is it a physical thing or is it more like a computer virus? How would it affect an actual human?
    A virus that connects organisms to the internet (and maybe satellites) sounds okay and could provide interesting stories

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I think “internet gas” is just modern “alien magic ring”. I wouldn’t worry about it.
    Alien magic doesn't sound as dumb as internet gas. I'm not questioning what it is or how it's even possible with alien magic.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe a nanite cloud

maybe Pym Particles have something to do with it. shrinking data. "the cloud". something along those lines.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Like I said before, part of me wishes these characters would catch on ironically just to spite certain sections of internet fandom. But more then likely these characters are going to be in the Hypno Hustler, and Dazzler mode, of characters that are going to be a very dated reference in a few years.

Thinking about them these aren't terrible ideas for characters just terrible executions. I like the name Snowflake for an ice themed character. You can rename Safe Space to something like Sanctuary.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Like I said before, part of me wishes these characters would catch on ironically just to spite certain sections of internet fandom.
    The audience these characters are meant to appeal to dislike them too. There's no winning for Snowflake and Safespace.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Thinking about them these aren't terrible ideas for characters just terrible executions. I like the name Snowflake for an ice themed character. You can rename Safe Space to something like Sanctuary.
    The book is not out yet so we really don't know.

Like I said before, part of me wishes these characters would catch on ironically just to spite certain sections of internet fandom. But more then likely these characters are going to be in the Hypno Hustler, and Dazzler mode, of characters that are going to be a very dated reference in a few years.
    If ending up like Dazzler means you are still around almost 40 years later is that a bad thing?

She had a long solo run and some merchandise.

If they are written decently they could catch on or worst be members of Great Lake Avengers vol 6.

And that fandom just wanted something to crow about and have done more to promote the book than anything.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The audience these characters are meant to appeal to dislike them too. There's no winning for Snowflake and Safespace.
    Like I said the book is not out yet.

So who knows if the target audience will tolerate them once the book is out.

I would be more concerned with Snowflake than Safespace. That is marvel's first non binary character-I 100% understand those concerns.

Safespace-INGORE those fake woke black folks that are complaining and using Safespace to take shots at Aqualad.

As many black characters DC & marvel took collective DUMPS on-this is the one they get mad about? Not the mess in Black Panther where he takes a backseat to everyone.

Astonishing Member

It's the same group of whiners that make a flood of anything they deem SJW. These very same people also make a flood of videos about Captain Marvel, the female Dr. Who, Ghostbusters 2016, Birds of Prey, Batwoman.
    And Valiant Comics. I was watching a youtube video from Jon Del Arroz about the 'fall of Valiant Comics' and it was basically him nattering on about diversity killing Valiant.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Safespace-INGORE those fake woke black folks that are complaining and using Safespace to take shots at Aqualad.

As many black characters DC & marvel took collective DUMPS on-this is the one they get mad about? Not the mess in Black Panther where he takes a backseat to everyone.
    Safespace is still dumb merely for the idea that he's using a derogatory term as a badge of honor. It would be if I called myself porch monkey if I became a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Safespace is still dumb merely for the idea that he's using a derogatory term as a badge of honor. It would be if I called myself porch monkey if I became a hero.
    Well they are using a name of a group who...while filming a reality tv show got into a situation that was a lil over their heads and a buncha kids died
    GrindrStone(D)

Marvel, stop inventing new characters when you have so many unused! I'd have rather seen johnny Cool over a new ice character.