Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Hey guys..I really recommend reading Legion of superheroes issue 5. Straight up confirms a big thing about Jon Kent and his future role in the DC Universe.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    In today's Legion of super heroes there's a hint towards G5 with Jon that's all I'll say.
    lol, didn't even see your post..yep.

There's been hints before. Jon was described as the 21st century Superman, in contrast to Clark's 20th century version.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's been hints before. Jon was described as the 21st century Superman, in contrast to Clark's 20th century version.
    Yes, but this is the first direct confirmation in the book. And also the double page before gives it even more clues about what's coming up with generation 5.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Polarizing idea but what if a second wave of JSA'ers debut decades later apart of Gen 2?
    I think Infinity Inc might actually be generation 2 actually. Which would make them older than we've usually seen; peers to the League instead of the New Titans generation.

But I don't recall anyone saying anything about Infinity being on that timeline at all, so who knows?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think Infinity Inc might actually be generation 2 actually. Which would make them older than we've usually seen; peers to the League instead of the New Titans generation.

But I don't recall anyone saying anything about Infinity being on that timeline at all, so who knows?
    I'd be happy to have those characters back, at any rate.

Bumping because in James Tynion's newsletter this week he mentions his batman plans are now going into 2021, so it seems like 5G isn't happening as originally intended as far as rumors go. He also says he has some projects spinning out of death metal and a lot of stuff comes out of joker war as well in the newsletter.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Bumping because in James Tynion's newsletter this week he mentions his batman plans are now going into 2021, so it seems like 5G isn't happening as originally intended as far as rumors go. He also says he has some projects spinning out of death metal and a lot of stuff comes out of joker war as well in the newsletter.
    Sounds interesting. Would feel slightly better if things didn't look like they're on hold indefinitely because of the shutdown. I would hope that they have some kind plan to get comics coming out again before late this year or even next, with or without diamond.

Not sure what to make of the Death Metal spinoff thing. I was getting the impression it would end up being an "Age of Apocalypse" thing. Not really wanting to see much more BWL.

Incredible Member

As morbid as it is Covid19 might've given them the perfect excuse they were looking for.

Hey someone else reads that newsletter! Yeah it sure doesn’t seem like Bruce is getting replaced as Batman anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    As morbid as it is Covid19 might've given them the perfect excuse they were looking for.
    That’s what I’ve been saying. They’ve delayed everything and the pandemic has bought them time to redraw and edit stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hey someone else reads that newsletter! Yeah it sure doesn’t seem like Bruce is getting replaced as Batman anymore.
    Either that or he has more time to set up Luke as the next Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Either that or he has more time to set up Luke as the next Batman.
    If they’re not aging Bruce up, they’d likely need a different means of writing him out.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    If they’re not aging Bruce up, they’d likely need a different means of writing him out.
    Retiring so he can be a full-time parent? Because the others weren't worth that, but the new kid is. But eventually, he just can't take being out of the action (probably, alas, when there's something Luke can't handle)...pretty much a worse-case scenario for me. A reboot to put him back the role could happen. Not that I want another reboot, really, or think it's a good idea. But I could see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Retiring so he can be a full-time parent? Because the others weren't worth that, but the new kid is. But eventually, he just can't take being out of the action (probably, alas, when there's something Luke can't handle)...pretty much a worse-case scenario for me. A reboot to put him back the role could happen. Not that I want another reboot, really, or think it's a good idea. But I could see it happening.
    Unless it's King writing it I don't see Bruce retiring just to be a full-time parent. I mean, most Superheroes don't retire to be parents these days so I don't see it happening to Batman.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

This seems like the perfect opportunity to drop this whole "5G" thing altogether and come up with something else. WW has already been established as the first hero. That can't really be undone now. But nothing else is carved in stone.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    This seems like the perfect opportunity to drop this whole "5G" thing altogether and come up with something else. WW has already been established as the first hero. That can't really be undone now. But nothing else is carved in stone.
    Well, you just triggered my Crisis-Sense. Somewhere, someway, some how, someone at DC will create another crisis to reboot things. Again.