Page 27 of 108 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I liked him too I feel like the whole Supreme Intelligence thing should of been bigger than how it felt as well.

Personally I want to see more fights like her fight against Thor and She-Hulk. Playing on Carol’s physicality and her absorption abilities. Heck she bullrushed Thor through a mountain and they were traveling around the globe as well as that synapse thing with She-Hulk. It felt pretty hype

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/HrXJLi0
    Hahah I remember that

But I don't know if Klaw uses traditional sonic energy. He used a sound converter to convert sound to a energy/mass
    but then again dazzler beat klaw the same way, and he's weak to vibranium

Ahh

https://i.imgur.com/A4wnuKf.jpg

More collaboration that she can absorb sonics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Hahah I remember that

But I don't know if Klaw uses traditional sonic energy. He used a sound converter to convert sound to a energy/mass
    but then again dazzler beat klaw the same way, and he's weak to vibranium

Ahh

https://i.imgur.com/A4wnuKf.jpg

More collaboration that she can absorb sonics
    I think there’s more than just that mention of her being able to absorb Sonics. Heck it would probably be easier to find stuff she can’t or hasn’t been shown to absorb energy wise than it would be to list the many things she’s been shown to be capable of doing so

Fantastic Member

https://www.newsarama.com/49707-marv...-2-thor-4.html

Captain Marvel 2 has been scheduled for release on July 8, 2022

BANNED

Huh, that's pretty good
    I expected it'd take until 2023

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Just finished issue six. Thoughts: love the art. Like Kelly’s characterization. The pacing seemed off. The big cliffhanger really should have been the realization that their bodies had switched. The Enchantress’ performance was...bland? Overall liked Kelly’s take on Carol, she just needs to pace better.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Just finished issue six. Thoughts: love the art. Like Kelly’s characterization. The pacing seemed off. The big cliffhanger really should have been the realization that their bodies had switched. The Enchantress’ performance was...bland? Overall liked Kelly’s take on Carol, she just needs to pace better.
    That was probably my least favorite issue so far yet my most hyped when I saw the solicitation.

I was excited about seeing Dr. Strange and Carol interact for multiple reasons. They seem like their going to be at the forefront of the MCU currently. Their two of my favorite characters and I’d loved the interaction in Brian Reed’s run.

But

The characterization felt really off and a lot of it didn’t make sense. They acted like they didn’t just switch bodies but like they were de-aged by several years. The dialogue between them was just “Ugh” The idea that they were so picky about what they ate didn’t make no sense to me at all. It was like Kelly Thompson didn’t read any recent Dr. Strange run. The guy stays eating some really questionable stuff and Carol went around traveling in space several times over I’d imagine they’ve both have eaten some really sketchy looking things and I know for a fact Stephen has.

Speaking on positive though I liked Kelly Thompson’s characterization in the Star arc. Which you’ll get to and the last avenger was probably my favorite arc so far.

I’m excited to see what’s done with Empyre a tie in I can actually get behind with for Carol.

BANNED

KT's arc also forgot about carol's magic weakness. Like atleast against the sorceror type magic
    Star arc didn't have great cahracterization. It was too rushed and only seemed to hit on certain things like popularity, alcoholism, without actually understanding the meaning behind those arcs back then. It also didn't try and tie into carol's own desire to save herself and mar-vell which gave her her powers from the magnitron (though I guess here it'd be more like awakene her latent powers)

But the last avengers was aces in terms of characterization, though the actual plotting was ridiculous

BANNED

I feel like your a bit too attentive to minor details then me though.

In fairness I haven’t read Thompson’s run looking at Carol of her overall history in the Marvel Universe. I’ve been looking at it moreso on the fact here’s Carol Danvers a character said to be a air force pilot, worked for a secret agent division, Half Kree/Half Earthling and grew up as a small town girl. If her writing hit those points I’m generally happy.

My issue with with the body swap thing was I feel like Carol and Stephen are more adult then they were acting in that arc I don’t mind quips and joking around but they didn’t act in a way I’d expect a air force vet or the sorceror supreme a grad from med school to act. The eating weird foods thing didn’t make sense from someone who travels through different dimensions and realms and someone whose been in space for year to years.

I liked the resolution of the Star arc more than anything. I like how it displayed Carol and what she’s willing to do to protect the innocent. I honestly had no issue with the last Avenger Arc at all. Other than I wish the fight against Vox was handled differently and his abilities expanded on a bit moreso. He could be a more powerhouse villain for Carol cause she severely lacks them.

What was your issue with the plotting in The Last Avengers?

I also liked her The End comic. What was your thoughts on that?

BANNED

Yeah, but those small details are very important to who carol is. You end up with blunders because they inform your decisions on how to further write the character.
    The small details like Carol and Strange being weirded out by food is also something I noticed. Yeah it doesn't make much sense

I liked the resolution atleast in that carol ripped into her chest. I think that was the highlight. But otherwise idk.

The plotting in the last avenger's problem is that the suit monitoring her only does it by sound but she goes around fighting everyone after getting the clones and contacting singularity. It felt completely pointless. If she's just written on a signboard what her plan was and shown to them instead of fighitng it would've been easier.

The End comic was okay. There was no kamala there, i would've expected more from her final form instead of just doing what she did back then and then dying. There isn't a big story thing happening, but none of the current The End comics had it. I liked Venom The End the most because it went into some high end cosmic stuff

Carol could only talk while inside singularity...she was effectively in another universe at that point so the communication to Vox was cut off.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED

that is a pretty big plot hole on the sound thing. They should of had other reasons to why Carol had to physically get into an altercation with the Avengers. Captain America should of ruined it for her as well given I believe they actually talked and he took the fall that Vox wouldn’t have saw but heard.

Despite that though it still is my favorite arc so far.

I expected a lot more from The End myself, I liked it more for characterization reasons it reminded me kind of All-Star Superman without the power boost. The whole appearance change thing was a dud though, it gave the impression Carol was different somehow when all that seemed to change with her was age. I was expecting something more higher end Cosmic when I saw the preview. Regardless it wasn’t a bad read just felt lied to lol
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 04-10-2020 at 07:13 AM.

BANNED

so what's the whole deal on the comics lockdown?

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Database of Carol's appearances through the years

https://twitter.com/LukaNieto/status...583488/photo/1
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Database of Carol's appearances through the years

https://twitter.com/LukaNieto/status...583488/photo/1
    Yikes! 90s seemed to be an awful time for Carol. What was going on with her before she appeared in Avengers v3 towards the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yikes! 90s seemed to be an awful time for Carol. What was going on with her before she appeared in Avengers v3 towards the end?
    They should have renamed her CROSSOVER QUEEN. She seemed to show up as Binary during any vaguely cosmic-y event that needed a powerful character to sacrifice themselves....
    https://marvelcrossovers.blogspot.com/2019/02/binary-reading-order-carol-danvers-1982.html?m=1
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 04-13-2020 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Deleted online piracy-sourced image