Page 93 of 96 FirstFirst ... 43838990919293949596 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1437

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, there's a new TV show coming out called Green Arrow and the Canaries (a spin-off from Arrow set in 2040) and the GA in that is Mia Smoak. She's clearly supposed to be Mia Dearden's Arrowverse counterpart, the surname was changed because they made her related to Felicity Smoak, who doesn't exist in the comics. I wonder, if next time Green Arrow's comic relaunches, they might bring back Mia there? Though DC doesn't have form for synergy - Legends of Tomorrow never had a comic.

As for Lorena - maybe when Teen Titans relaunches?
    Err… I'm pretty sure that Felicity Smoak was interoffice into the comics as a result of her popularity in Arrow, though she may not have stuck around; and there was a Legends of Tomorrow comic, though it was not of an attempt to capitalize on the show by telling stories involving the comic book versions of some of the characters featured in the show such as Firestorm (I know about that one because that's where Jason Rusch was kicked out of the Firestorm Matrix and it went back to being the Martin and Stein duo).
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

TV!Felicity was written out of the comics as quickly as she arrived.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    TV!Felicity was written out of the comics as quickly as she arrived.
    Thank god. Although I'm sure rebirth wouldve killed her off too

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Did he? Fabulous! That said, Secret's story “ended” when YJ was cancelled and Peter David had to wrap everything up — much like he had Darkseid's Omega Beams deposit Slobo in the distant future as a statue (to avoid Didio having Lobo brutally murder him, which is what would have happened if he hadn't done that). Since Greta's story was essentially cut short and given a hasty wrap-up, I'm less concerned with the new YJ repowering her and bringing her back (though given how she got her powers in the first place, that's actually a rather dreadful thing to do).

By contrast, Cissie's deliberate retirement had happened long before that, even before Sins of Youth: when she retired, Wonder Girl was still wearing a wig; Empress hadn't joined the team; Slobo didn't even exist; and so on. And she stuck to her guns on her retirement: despite an intensive effort by several YJers to get her to come back, she refused. Given all of that, there'd better be a darn good reason why she's changed her mind (if that's her).
    Honestly? I think there should be a new Secret. The whole "warder" thing that PAD came up with for her seemed like it should have been way bigger than just the one character. It feels like a role that would be filled by the higher powers once the old one was vacated. As much as I love the scary powerful sad/shy girl that is Greta Hayes, seeing someone else in that role might be interesting. (I'd also link the whole thing to Death of the Endless if I was in charge, but I understand some people would be upset with me messing with the Sandman stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Honestly? I think there should be a new Secret. The whole "warder" thing that PAD came up with for her seemed like it should have been way bigger than just the one character. It feels like a role that would be filled by the higher powers once the old one was vacated. As much as I love the scary powerful sad/shy girl that is Greta Hayes, seeing someone else in that role might be interesting. (I'd also link the whole thing to Death of the Endless if I was in charge, but I understand some people would be upset with me messing with the Sandman stuff).
    I'd be fine with that, too — though I'd still bring Greta back to explain to the new warder what he or she is, as a way of providing some continuity to the role.

And I'd have no problem linking the warder to Death, either; after all, the new Dream is the son of Lyta Hall, of JSA and Infinity Inc. fame.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Astonishing Member

I'd be fine with that, too — though I'd still bring Greta back to explain to the new warder what he or she is, as a way of providing some continuity to the role.

And I'd have no problem linking the warder to Death, either; after all, the new Dream is the son of Lyta Hall, of JSA and Infinity Inc. fame.
    I think that would be kind of a sad conversation between the new warder and Greta. She really didn't like being what she was back then. She was kind of adrift with no family or memory of her past and her friends were scared of her half the time. I can't help but think that whole conversation would start with Greta saying "I'm so sorry".

It would be something to link Young Justice of all things to a Vertigo title. Back in the day, people used to constantly put down YJ as being too silly and childish.

It would. And back in the day, that was YJ's charm. I suspect that the current YJ would sell better if they'd loosen up a bit and have some more fun.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Astonishing Member

It would. And back in the day, that was YJ's charm. I suspect that the current YJ would sell better if they'd loosen up a bit and have some more fun.
    I don't know. Have comic book fans suddenly learned how to have fun and not take this stuff too seriously? (Um . . . no offense) Because YJ had a cult audience back during its original run while it seemed like every other fan wanted it to be some serious Teen Titans kind of thing. So, when the 2003 Teen Titans comic came out, naturally it sold really well. Meanwhile, I thought everything that most fans loved about Teen Titans made it kind off homogeneous and like every other generic superhero comic.

If I were to describe the original PAD and TAN run of Young Justice, I'd say it was possibly the most "playful" comic I've ever read. Not just in terms of silly jokes and stuff, though it had that. I mean like how they ran a contest in the early letter columns for a new name for the Super-Cycle (the winner was "Kirbee" and ended up being the name of the offspring of the YJ and Forever People's Super-Cycles). Or how they had one issue that was completely without dialogue and another written completely as poetry. Or the Legion-style leader election. Or how Todd Nauck would slip Mystery Science Theater 3000 references into the art. Or how PAD would even slip gags into the narration boxes ("Meanwhile, on the next page"). Even when the book went really serious and it did a couple of times, it didn't lose that because Peter David has a knack for delivering both comedy and tragedy in the same series. It felt like the creators weren't just trying to write and draw a fun comic but were trying to have fun with how they wrote and drew the comic.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Isn't Thea Emiko's counterpart?
    No. Thea predates Emiko, and her middle name is Dearden; Arrow introduced and promptly killed off it's own version of Emiko last season.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Even when the book went really serious and it did a couple of times, it didn't lose that because Peter David has a knack for delivering both comedy and tragedy in the same series. It felt like the creators weren't just trying to write and draw a fun comic but were trying to have fun with how they wrote and drew the comic.
    And that's what I'm talking about; that's what I miss about it. Tim addressed this very point in the final issue, in his talk with Greta: they were kids having fun. And so was the creative team. Frankly, I found the follow-up Teen Titans series very dissatisfying; little did I know that that was just the opening salvo of a new direction of DC publishing.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Astonishing Member

And that's what I'm talking about; that's what I miss about it. Tim addressed this very point in the final issue, in his talk with Greta: they were kids having fun. And so was the creative team. Frankly, I found the follow-up Teen Titans series very dissatisfying; little did I know that that was just the opening salvo of a new direction of DC publishing.
    Hanging out. Having fun. Saving the world.

I did get a little of that vibe with the multiverse hopping stuff. That sense of "Hey, why don't we try this?" As for Teen Titans, well, it did make them more iconic. But "iconic" sometimes means "stuff we've already seen a million times with other characters".

Astonishing Member

Current YJ is a fun book.Not as fun as the original but more fun than TT and all of DC' s current books.

True enough; and there's a reason why I'm reading it and not the bulk of the other stuff that DC is putting out.

(excepting Shazam, Flash Forward for now, and ironically Doomsday Clock — but that's only because I want to see how Johns sticks the landing. One is stalled out, one I'm ready to drop like a hot potato at any time, and one is almost over.)
    Rogue wears rouge.

Ultimate Member

I think that would be kind of a sad conversation between the new warder and Greta. She really didn't like being what she was back then. She was kind of adrift with no family or memory of her past and her friends were scared of her half the time. I can't help but think that whole conversation would start with Greta saying "I'm so sorry".
    It would be interesting to find out that the Secret identity was a sort of curse imposed on Greta, and when it left her, it didn't just 'go away,' it fluttered off and finally latched onto some other desperate soul at death's door, and now *they* are Secret, trapped in a sort of bodiless undying limbo-state...

It would be ironic if Billy Hayes becomes the next Secret, after somehow clawing his way out of the pits of Hell. Have him come across as repentant as he seeks to find a way to keep from being sent back. There could be some question of whether he's sincere or scheming; and most of the team that knows him would need to be persuaded to give him a chance.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 12-01-2019 at 09:17 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.