Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Shinobi was more than a paper-thin f**k-boi and Sebastian's being an effective arsehole. The only weak spot was Pyro not being Ozzie enough.

Sebastian has several flaws but he knows how to play the game and manipulate the board in his favor.

He and Kitty begin to pick their partners to be their chess pieces and so the game begins .

I thought Cerebra only uploaded full backups of mutant memories like once a week

Maybe Shinobi remembers up to the Tuesday before his death

Pretty good issue, and I am not even a fan of Shaw & son.

The plot is pretty simple so far though, hopefully there will be more than just Hellfire schemes.

I finally read this. Some thoughts:

- Pyro is hilarious. I laughed out loud when he screamed "A shaw and a mutant!"

- Nice to see on page how the US is handling gates. I mean, that sounds like a thing it'd happen in real life.

- Some humans are taking Magneto literally with the God thing.

- Shaaady Shaady Shaw

- Oh he wanted Shinobi as the Red King then. It's kinda sweet of him.

- The Bishops have ships too! And Christian has got a submarine, like on the cover with Bobby. Cool. Shinobi will be be using a war ship instead. I hope they ****.

- oooh well Emma did have something to do with his death hahaha.

Overally nice issue and nice setup.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Scott wasnt on Earth for Cerebro to record his last moments of death. All Xavier would have had was Jean's second hand info of it, which wouldnt be apart of Scott's returning memory
    Why would it be second hand info when Jean kept in tp communication with the team and Xavier throughout the entire issue?

Actually now that I'm thinking about it the only ones on that mission that would have lost a few hours would be Paige and Warren since they died in the explosion like fools.
    Last edited by loke13; 12-04-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

An interesting, if low key, issue. Seb and Shinobi's interaction was pretty great, with the former's revisionist history and the latter repeatedly mentioning wanting to kill the other. Who is Shinobi indebted to, and how will that affect his work with the HTC and Krakoa? Loved the text messages, Bishop will be the Red Bishop, who will be the Red Knight? The human cults are interesting and remind me of the Church of Ascendancy from PoX.

BANNED

Kate begging Bishop to become her Red Bishop didn’t work for me. Would be one thing if she was recruiting her close ones likes Iceman and Storm but the only times she ever interacted with Bishop, they were unpleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I finally read this. Some thoughts:

- Pyro is hilarious. I laughed out loud when he screamed "A shaw and a mutant!"

- Nice to see on page how the US is handling gates. I mean, that sounds like a thing it'd happen in real life.

- Some humans are taking Magneto literally with the God thing.

- Shaaady Shaady Shaw

- Oh he wanted Shinobi as the Red King then. It's kinda sweet of him.

- The Bishops have ships too! And Christian has got a submarine, like on the cover with Bobby. Cool. Shinobi will be be using a war ship instead. I hope they ****.

- oooh well Emma did have something to do with his death hahaha.
    I found this interesting and nice too. They cordoned off the area around the gate to keep it somewhat protected from "gawkers". Reminded me of a port of entry. "Do you have anything to declare?". That was cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Kate begging Bishop to become her Red Bishop didn’t work for me. Would be one thing if she was recruiting her close ones likes Iceman and Storm but the only times she ever interacted with Bishop, they were unpleasant.
    She needs big muscle to command the Bishop's ship and lead. I'd consider him too.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I don't think we needed a entire issue focusing on Shaws. A bit boring 5/10

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't think we needed a entire issue focusing on Shaws. A bit boring 5/10
    I completely agree beloved. I was actually kinda surprised with how boring this issue was.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I found this interesting and nice too. They cordoned off the area around the gate to keep it somewhat protected from "gawkers". Reminded me of a port of entry. "Do you have anything to declare?". That was cute.

She needs big muscle to command the Bishop's ship and lead. I'd consider him too.
    At first I thought the US were doing the same thing as the Russians did...

So the comedic Pyro is completely going over my head. I do not get it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    So the comedic Pyro is completely going over my head. I do not get it
    He seems to be the Party Guy, The Surfer Dude, the Radical guy all in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    At least it was to be Red Bishop and not the black Bishop

Kitty and hellfire are bad news