Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Entertainment Weekly names HoX/PoX one of the "Best Comics of the Decade"

https://ew.com/books/2019/11/21/the-...of-the-decade/

"Screw recency bias. Jonathan Hickman’s return to superhero comics with these parallel X-Men books took the industry by storm. It’s hard to remember the last time it felt like everyone on social media was feverishly reading the same comic every Wednesday and on pins and needles waiting for the next issue. Beyond their zeitgeist-seizing power, these two books — which chronicled mutantkind’s proactive attempts to insure their survival in a world that was literally trying to extinguish them — also revitalized Marvel’s X-Men line, infusing it with thrilling and powerful ideas (those data pages!) that will surely (or hopefully) generate fantastic stories for years to come. —C.A."

Pretty impressive to say a comic that came in the last 6 months of the decade was one of the best. I really love the energy HoX has brought to comicdom though.

Other Marvel Titles listed:
    Hawkeye
    Ms. Marvel
    FF
    Young Avengers

Seems fairly accurate on the Marvel side for me.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Nice. Hickman really revitalized the X-line, and set up a rich premise in Krakoa that has so much potential. Happy to see it recognized.

BANNED

Screw recency bias indeed. I’ve already read HoX more times than I’ve read any other comic, and my heart has never soared for a comic the way it did in issue 5 of HoX. This will stand up as one of the great superhero tales.

I bought the hardcover. Arriving this Saturday too. And it should get here on time because I didn’t buy from Amazon.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Screw recency bias indeed. I’ve already read HoX more times than I’ve read any other comic, and my heart has never soared for a comic the way it did in issue 5 of HoX. This will stand up as one of the great superhero tales.
    Exactatiously.
    A most well-deserved accolade.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Batman, Daytripper and Ms. Marvel on this list:

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I bought the hardcover. Arriving this Saturday too. And it should get here on time because I didn’t buy from Amazon.
    me too, I got confirmation that is shipping now and I should get it before Friday!!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

I stopped reading Saga a few years ago. I should catch up on it.

Just ordered the hardcover. Even though I already own the floppies I just had to have it. Love what Hickman has done for the franchise.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I stopped reading Saga a few years ago. I should catch up on it.
    I asked the Compendium which collects all issues released so far for Christmas.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Pretty impressive to say a comic that came in the last 6 months of the decade was one of the best. I really love the energy HoX has brought to comicdom though. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Nice. Hickman really revitalized the X-line, and set up a rich premise in Krakoa that has so much potential. Happy to see it recognized.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    … I’ve already read HoX more times than I’ve read any other comic, and my heart has never soared for a comic the way it did in issue 5 of HoX. This will stand up as one of the great superhero tales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously.
    A most well-deserved accolade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Just ordered the hardcover. Even though I already own the floppies I just had to have it. Love what Hickman has done for the franchise.
    I echo all of these sentiments. I can't remember the last time I was this engrossed, enthused, & invested in the overall X-world. Hickman has truly reignited my passion for the franchise, and renewed my devotion to it. Mutant mania indeed, and I got it bad! It's an affliction I'm MORE than happy to cultivate, nurture, & SPREAD:

BANNED

Ew, that looks like glued binding on the hardcover. Some of the artwork is lost in those tight margins.

I'm definitely enough of a fan to own all the floppies, digital copies, and this hardcover. It's so beautiful. I have to agree with Vegan Daddy that the tight margins are a little meh, but still so beautiful. I will do and buy whatever to support this new era of Krakoa. Plus, my X-Men collection is forever expanding.

It's extremely delightful to see that the X-Men made EW's list and it was HoX/PoX chosen as its represent.

One book on that list I still haven't read that I'm dying to read is Monstress. I'll just buy the hardcover for that too. Might as well buy it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I asked the Compendium which collects all issues released so far for Christmas.
    It's rad and totally worth it. I remember when Image and Vaughan suddenly announced it was releasing early; I walked into the comic shop that same day and bought it.

*Note: I just realized I didn't need to take a selfie of me in it, but I'm just so stoned I'm so happy to spread good word about it.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Your profile pic's hand gesture, the cover's hand gesture, your own hand gesture... Perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'