Page 89 of 313 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 4692
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    He already. Years ago. TT's just seems hell bent on giving us this Hey did you know I'm Gives no F**ks Robin? Look at me doings things that Robins don't usually do. I'm a renegade and I play by my own rules not Batman's.

Then processed to do the exact same things we just read Batman do a few weeks ago [tries to at least]. Only he isn't Batman so he just ends up beaten to pulp, grounded and yelled at.

Lol Glass likes edge.
    I agree 100%.
    For a story whose whole premise was "I won't follow Batman's strict moral code anymore" to work you would need a Batman that actually has a strict moral code, which modern Bruce doesn't have.
    His enemies just don't die from (possibly lethal) attacks like breaking someone's neck, throwing someone off a building and throwing their jet pack after them or letting them get hit by moving trucks not even because Bruce is more skilled, but because Batman isn't allowed to kill thus his enemies simply don't die. Damian is a former assassin and therefore tainted, he is allowed to fail.

The only big difference between what Damian does and what Bruce does is how it's framed and bias.
    Actually modern Bruce should be proud, Damian is following his code and his methods to a t. A perfect pupil.
    Last edited by Ansa; 03-15-2020 at 07:20 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You need to reread that solicit. Glass leaves Teen Titans next month, Thompson is writing it now.
    We know Glass is leaving, but from the solicits alone it sounds like Thompson might do the same premise with the same team we got since Glass took over mid 2018.

You need to reread that solicit. Glass leaves Teen Titans next month, Thompson is writing it now.
    Well, it does raise the question of what Thompson will do with the current cast. Damian, Emiko, and Wallace all are at least connected with bigger named heroes/families. Crush, Roundhouse, and Djinn, not so much.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I know however if you reread my comment you'll note that all of that happened while Glass was the solo writer. Months b4 it was announced that Thompson was to join Glass.
    Shortly following this TT team's 1st mission.

Dick and Damian's books for the 17th of 06 have both characters in repeat storylines.

DC clearly showing the love.

It's crazy.
    Dick,Jason,Tim,Steph, Damian. All the Robins currently have creative teams that just seem to be doing the bare minimum. Aside from Lobdell

stories or directions that are lack lustre or out right hated by fans. Ric and Drake: fans have been very vocal about both. Damian extreme Robin has been extremely divisive and off putting.
    DC is just forging ahead with these dubious, dull and widely disliked portrayals rather than listening to fans or just opting for the always popular portrayals of Cool Heroes doing cool hero stuff in cool costumes and everyone of them remembers their names and who they are.

That's all. That literally solves Dick, Damian and Drake.

Jason and Steph don't need solving but they need adjustments. Steph is Tim's GF rather than Spoiler and Jason just got his team back not sure if it's a temp situation. It shouldn't and he needs to remember his name and who he is because I have no idea.

Hero, Anti Hero or a Villain [because DC doesn't know it's characters] The Bat who's likely to and willing to f**k you **** up like Batman can't/is unable to a business owner or mentor/ daddy day care for very naughty kids?

I don't know.

Anyway Happy 80th Birthday to Robins [especially the Original Robin Dick Grayson] Robin is Iconic and everyone of the characters who's worn the R brought something special to the lore. I just wish DC and creators would do more with these great characters.

Rant Over. Not edited so I'm sure it's full of typos.

Not gonna lie, I just want to read a book where I don't have the feeling that Damian is one of the antagonists.

I know comics are cyclical in nature, but I prefer character growth over character deconstruction. I'm tired of deconstructed characters doing awful things and then doing the same thing in every arc with no progression.

With Damian I think there have to be more aspects of the character that can be explored, but somehow it always ends up at will Damian kill the antagonist or still follow Bruce's no kill rule/will Damian turn out like Bruce or like Ra's? Which would be fine as a struggle at the core of the character if we got more diversity in Damian's main struggles.

Unless a writer gets creative there are only two outcomes: Damian kills his enemy and years of character developement are gone or you have him spare his opponent and we get the same answer we've seen over and over again to a question we are tired of.

I want new questions to be asked and I want to see Damian grow. Some people here might disagree, but I don't get that from the current Teen Titans run. I don't think this run has done Damian any good.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 03-15-2020 at 11:51 PM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Dick and Damian's books for the 17th of 06 have both characters in repeat storylines.

It's crazy.
    Dick,Jason,Tim,Steph, Damian. All the Robins currently have creative teams that just seem to be doing the bare minimum. Aside from Lobdell

stories or directions that are lack lustre or out right hated by fans. Ric and Drake: fans have been very vocal about both. Damian extreme Robin has been extremely divisive and off putting.
    DC is just forging ahead with these dubious, dull and widely disliked portrayals rather than listening to fans or just opting for the always popular portrayals of Cool Heroes doing cool hero stuff in cool costumes and everyone of them remembers their names and who they are.

Jason and Steph don't need solving but they need adjustments. Steph is Tim's GF rather than Spoiler and Jason just got his team back not sure if it's a temp situation. It shouldn't and he needs to remember his name and who he is because I have no idea.

Hero, Anti Hero or a Villain [because DC doesn't know it's characters] The Bat who's likely to and willing to f**k you **** up like Batman can't/is unable to a business owner or mentor/ daddy day care for very naughty kids?

I don't know.

Anyway Happy 80th Birthday to Robins [especially the Original Robin Dick Grayson] Robin is Iconic and everyone of the characters who's worn the R brought something special to the lore. I just wish DC and creators would do more with these great characters.

The only adjustment Jason needs is him leaving this toxic family behind.
    Jason has been their whipping boy/punching bag/fall guy long enough.
    When Jason hurts someone he gets punished. When someone hurts Jason - everyone goes on like nothing happened.
    Jason was there for the family when they needed help and kept his distance otherwise because he knows his place in the "family hierarchy" (down at the bottom.)
    But the one time, when Jason needs support because he has literally lost everything - teammates gone, home destroyed, best friend dead, exiled, isolated and depressed with a DEATH WISH, no family and no support - where are all these great "heroes" of the batfamily? What are they doing? Apart from Batwoman they either don't give a f*ck or even push Jason further down by using him as a fall guy in the TT Annual or Event Leviathan because they have no idea who the real bad guy is.
    I'm sick of this "family". I'm sick of those "heroes".

Jason KNOWS his name. He's Jason Todd, member of the Outlaws family - a group of people who actually behave like a family.
    They don't blame him for his own death!
    They don't make fun of his torture and death!
    They don't put a crowbar in Jason's bed!
    They don't exploit his trauma!
    They don't ignore his trauma!
    They don't hurt him because they want to hurt him!
    They don't steal from him!
    They don't try to humiliate him!
    They don't threaten to blow him up with a bomb!
    They don't antagonize him!
    They don't attack him for something he didn't do!
    They don't threaten to throw him in prison if he doesn't confess for something he didn't do!
    They don't try to keep him away from his grandfather's funeral!

And THAT's my RANT!
    Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    The only adjustment Jason needs is him leaving this toxic family behind.
    Jason has been their whipping boy/punching bag/fall guy long enough.
    When Jason hurts someone he gets punished. When someone hurts Jason - everyone goes on like nothing happened.
    Jason was there for the family when they needed help and kept his distance otherwise because he knows his place in the "family hierarchy" (down at the bottom.)
    But the one time, when Jason needs support because he has literally lost everything - teammates gone, home destroyed, best friend dead, exiled, isolated and depressed with a DEATH WISH, no family and no support - where are all these great "heroes" of the batfamily? What are they doing? Apart from Batwoman they either don't give a f*ck or even push Jason further down by using him as a fall guy in the TT Annual or Event Leviathan because they have no idea who the real bad guy is.
    I'm sick of this "family". I'm sick of those "heroes".

Jason KNOWS his name. He's Jason Todd, member of the Outlaws family - a group of people who actually behave like a family.
    They don't blame him for his own death!
    They don't make fun of his torture and death!
    They don't put a crowbar in Jason's bed!
    They don't exploit his trauma!
    They don't ignore his trauma!
    They don't hurt him because they want to hurt him!
    They don't steal from him!
    They don't try to humiliate him!
    They don't threaten to blow him up with a bomb!
    They don't antagonize him!
    They don't attack him for something he didn't do!
    They don't threaten to throw him in prison if he doesn't confess for something he didn't do!
    They don't try to keep him away from his grandfather's funeral!

And THAT's my RANT!
    Rant over.
    Yep The Bat family is very Toxic so it's great that Jason has a team that also functions as a healthy supportive family unit but that still doesn't fix the issue of me reading his title and still being confused about what he is.

Appearances in other DC books, the way characters mainly the general Hero Society view him [Anti Hero, Hero, villain] and the role DC and Creative's like to have he play don't help either since most of these don't match how Jason is shown in RHato.

You might not agree but this lack of clear defined alignment is the reason for a lot of the points in your Rant.

TT - A guy who is fine with threatening to kill kids that had nothing to do with the beef he was having with Damain and a Guy who's cool with secret Prisons {that one I know Jason had Penguin in a cell but that was a cell in the Bar and I know Batman has jails in the Cave and under the JL HQ's but still]

Leviathan A Villain suspect and heroes who should know him bought Damian's paper thing argument [Never mind that he has links to the OG Leviathan and that Dick has the Spy connections and was also going through trauma]

Until DC and his writer define what his alignment/role whatever is then those fall guy/ punching bag type stories will continue.

Yep The Bat family is very Toxic so it's great that Jason has a team that also functions as a healthy supportive family unit but that still doesn't fix the issue of me reading his title and still being confused about what he is.

Appearances in other DC books, the way characters mainly the general Hero Society view him [Anti Hero, Hero, villain] and the role DC and Creative's like to have he play don't help either since most of these don't match how Jason is shown in RHato.

You might not agree but this lack of clear defined alignment is the reason for a lot of the points in your Rant.

TT - A guy who is fine with threatening to kill kids that had nothing to do with the beef he was having with Damain and a Guy who's cool with secret Prisons {that one I know Jason had Penguin in a cell but that was a cell in the Bar and I know Batman has jails in the Cave and under the JL HQ's but still]

Leviathan A Villain suspect and heroes who should know him bought Damian's paper thing argument [Never mind that he has links to the OG Leviathan and that Dick has the Spy connections and was also going through trauma]

Until DC and his writer define what his alignment/role whatever is then those fall guy/ punching bag type stories will continue.
    For Penguin; Cobblepot actually locked himself in that room initially. Jason just ended up keeping him there for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    For Penguin; Cobblepot actually locked himself in that room initially. Jason just ended up keeping him there for awhile.
    Oh yeah i forgot that part. I don't think it's anywhere comparable to Bruce and Damian's set up's which is why I specified that it was a Bar cell so it's just a drying out lockup that most Bars have.

Robin Special. Damian's stories sound really promising

It's crazy.

I don't know.

This is tragic and so funny.
    Well Damian did say he wanted to follow in Grayson's footsteps and likes to take inspiration from him. Remember his Batsuit has the Discowing High Collar? So more trying to be like Nightwing.

https://twitter.com/langbuliang

We need more Bat Family being family and showing they care.
    Bruce and Damian: new52 Batman The Dark Knight #14

Last edited by dietrich; 03-17-2020 at 03:10 AM.

That's cute. But it makes you wonder why is Damian more worried about Dick than Bruce having a kid? Is it because Damian not being there in the beginning. Also how different would the story be if Bruce knew about Damian in the beginning

RCO010_1584522841.jpg

RCO010_1584522841.jpg

Let's show how God, or any Upper Cosmic power there is in comics, punishes 10yo boys (he was 10 at the time), who were forced to learn the LOA culture without any alternative to choose (not that an isolated 10yo would have the ability to judge anyway)...
    What else do they have to say for their poor plot?
    And also, I will try to form my question in the most gentle way possible (cause I want my account):
    Are some people that idiot, or do they try to? I hope this run will never be a canon. Literally.... It is full of wrong moves for this character. Not to mention the way Flash (or whatever his name is) understood about it, was not persuasive.