Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Yep.

Outside of the characters we know to be Kheran, Jenny, and the Doctors, I'm not even sure anyone actually knows that the Daeomonites exist.
    Voodoo also kind of knows, but we've seen so little of her I don't think it's worth mentioning.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Voodoo also kind of knows, but we've seen so little of her I don't think it's worth mentioning.
    I do find myself wondering what her piece of the puzzle will wind up being.

I thought apollo/midnighter popped up in the last issue. I thought they were the ones who scared off Slayton. Unless Helspont is talking about them?

I like that Voodoo is a pop star. I'm guessing she's like Jenny, an outside observer to the whole conflict who might join her team.

Daemonites are using Vodoo to spread the notions of the secrets agencies and powers operating on earth. Like if to the daemonites would like to everyone to know about these secrets.

From what I did understood Daemonites and cherubims want to "improve" mankind but they are using opposite ways and means and both have different definitions for "improvement". Seems like to the daemonites, an open war between Skywatch and IO, would serve to their intentions.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Betting on Majestic and MAYBE High?
    High, maybe. But Majestic, he would be more tied to Halo or Io. Helspont talked about Skywatch created transhumans. IO and daemonites' transhumans could had their own set of people capable of spaceflight.

If you think about the team Apollo/The Midnighter were initially a part of, they were roughly Justice League equivalents. If that team had lived, it seems like...

- Apollo
    - Lamplight(Green Lantern equivalent)
    - Stalker(Martian Manhunter equivalent)

... might all be capable of space flight.
    Nice possibilityy. But it was never revealed if Stalker could fligh by himself. Maybe as half daemonite he could travel to the "dreamscape" than the daemonites seems to inhabitate now.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    From what I did understood Daemonites and cherubims want to "improve" mankind but they are using opposite ways and means and both have different definitions for "improvement".
    Have you read Abnett and Lanning run on Mr.Majestic?

It delved a little on the origins of both species, how connected they were, etc, and Ellis take so far does seem to be a more sophisticated version of that.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Very interesting issue. I'll "Spoiler" tag the high points so folks just taking a look at the thread won't be spoiled...

spoilers:
    - Lynch/Slayton: John doesn't kill Slayton once he has the opening. Instead, he lays out that if Slayton kills Miles Craven "Problem Solved". He then points Slayton in Craven's direction.

- Angie winds up with what will seemingly wind up becoming The Authority.

- From over in the :Michael Cray series, Michael has fully embraced what seems to be his implant. The issue closes with Michael seemingly heading back to I.O. to attend to unfinished business.

- That leaves at least Cray and Slayton potentially gunning for Craven as the series starts it's final arc. Never mind Marlowe's C.A.T.
    end of spoilers

Very interesting issue. I'll "Spoiler" tag the high points so folks just taking a look at the thread won't be spoiled...

spoilers:
    - Lynch/Slayton: John doesn't kill Slayton once he has the opening. Instead, he lays out that if Slayton kills Miles Craven "Problem Solved". He then points Slayton in Craven's direction.

- Angie winds up with what will seemingly wind up becoming The Authority.

- From over in the :Michael Cray series, Michael has fully embraced what seems to be his implant. The issue closes with Michael seemingly heading back to I.O. to attend to unfinished business.

- That leaves at least Cray and Slayton potentially gunning for Craven as the series starts it's final arc. Never mind Marlowe's C.A.T.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Don't forget Bendix. He seems willing to go balls to the wall right now
    end of spoilers

The exposition page seemed rushed to me.
    spoilers:

Where the twe drinking kherans were talking about how they are talking to the people with the alien implants. Basically it was revealed than the implants are not conscious, but they are more like receptors of signals from kherans. One of them was indeed the one giving Slayton his commands.
    Slayton is going to be very pissed off when if he discover that.
    end of spoilers

Maybe I was used to the more slow paced narrative because a lot of situations resolved in this issue.

That was certainly an interesting element of this issue. Almost a little too clean. We'll have to see how that plays out.

Seems like they have been putting "Pause"/"Stop" points in each sixth issue. That said, I do agree that this one was very "Make Way For What's Coming..."

Invincible Member

Roy Sheider is still alive. I'm going to get him to be John Lynch in my Wildstorm movie.

Since we are going to have a little time...

Andy and Slayton have pointed out that something is off with John Lynch. The question: Will the readers find out what that is before the series wraps up?

What does everyone think?

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    From what I did understood Daemonites and cherubims want to "improve" mankind but they are using opposite ways and means and both have different definitions for "improvement". Seems like to the daemonites, an open war between Skywatch and IO, would serve to their intentions.
    From what we've seen so far it looks like the Kherans want to enslave other species, possibly as part of the war effort. Emp decided to rebel against this mission, which is why his group has been stuck on Earth for thousands of years. Now Emp, or Marlowe, is trying to save humanity by using his Halo corporation to give us technologies we can use to transform the Earth into a better place. But note that it's his corporation that gives everybody else the technology. In other words he still wants to be in charge, just in a more benevolent way than the original plan. Meanwhile, the purpose of the Wild CAT is to take away any ridiculously dangerous technologies the big human groups (IO and Skywatch) come up with

It isn't totally clear what the Daemon want, but they keep saying they're trying to save humanity and ensure our freedom. They apparently work through subtle manipulation from the shadows, to the point where until last issue the Kherans thought they were extinct on Earth. It seems they're responsible for the creation of the Authority, or at least Jenny Sparks.

I don't think either species wants to see an open war between IO and Skywatch. That would almost certainly devastate the human race.

Since we are going to have a little time...

Andy and Slayton have pointed out that something is off with John Lynch. The question: Will the readers find out what that is before the series wraps up?

What does everyone think?
    Probably. It'll be a tease for a potential Gen 13 series or maybe he has an implant too? or he could be like the authority, someone who gained powers outside of an alien implant?

Invincible Member

I like this is basically "Legends" for the Wildstorm characters...a realignment for the universe and a set up for a couple of team books.