Page 229 of 661 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 9901

: He then gave a look, they vanished in light.:

: He has read a interesting thing in the book and got the flow down. Tapping into extra energy around, as manures in some of the room and fake grass sucked up and died. Cue a basketball sized ball of rose colored energy he puts it and plants into tonhimself. It goes in and absorbed as helps gliw changes briefly before back to green.:

: As then looks on and felt the power surge as in his eye hud. We’re three chambers, one was occupied.:

“ Well, it worked.”

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "Nearly as bad as your...?" he asked. Certainly someone from her past. The "my" implied some sort of close relationship. Father? Mother? Sibling? Cousin? Well, didn't matter right now, and he didn't feel like prying. "Ah, never mind. None of my business."

"Yeah, yeah, but it got you motivated to give it your all and beyond, didn't it? I didn't mock your abilities, I just... ah... inspired your competitive spirit by displaying my own. And puffing myself up a bit, too," he said, grinning. "I dunno what this 'other person' treated you like, but I want to build you up, not tear you down. Neither of us wants to fall behind the other for long, for our own reasons, so the stronger you get... the stronger I get. And vice-versa. But..."

He paused and thought, then decided against what he was about to ask. "...never mind."
    "I know what you did," she answered flatly. "It happens all the time on Vocado." And it worked, a lot more than it had any right to given how often it happened.

Saiyans were too straightforward for their own good. Some Saiyans knew this and realized that many races knew it too, and used it to their advantage.

"I don't need it," said Totoma, flatly. "I'm actually pretty good at hiding a knife behind a smile."
    Sarada flinched noticeably when she heard this. Just like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    "Watch," Jack said waiting until she was looking directly at his face, wearing the same honest, vaguely dim looking expression of a good natured backwoods bumpkin he had been wearing since before Sarada had met him in Cask. That was the mask Jack had been wearing for quite a few months prior to the rest of his new companions arriving in the town of Cask. "Are you watching? Good."

"Pay close attention to this next part."

Jack waved his hand in front of his face. When it has passed over, and revealed his face once more, the mask had fallen off. His expression was entirely neutral, showing not emotion, revealing no thought. In fact Jack's face was so blank and devoid of any hint of what was going on in his mind, that it could have been the face of corpse except for his eyes which were focused, taking in every detail of Sarada's face, stature, posture, searching for any tell, any clue to what she might do next, while giving nothing in return.

That was the face Manco had taught him to use when playing cards, or killing people. Same thing really, you took their money in the end.

Jack had taken to it quickly, after all, it was the same face his mother had observed him with after she had tossed him under the ice.
    She watched Jack display this so-called 'poker face' of his by waving his hand over his face. Each time he waved his hand over his face, he wore a different expression. The first way made him seem simple and stupid. She giggled to herself.

The second one confused her. It was blank. No matter how much she stared at him, she couldn't derive any thought or motivation from his expression.

Sarada crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow. "So, that's it? Making yourself look braindead is a poker face?" She could learn, but she had an idea about her own poker face. Or something like it. Maybe she could use her own boisterous prideful personality to her advantage to get people to underestimate her.

It would be hard not to blow her cover. Maybe paying attention to the likes of Jack will help. Oh, and the Arcosian, too.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "I know what you did," she answered flatly. "It happens all the time on Vocado." And it worked, a lot more than it had any right to given how often it happened.

Saiyans were too straightforward for their own good. Some Saiyans knew this and realized that many races knew it too, and used it to their advantage.

She watched Jack display this so-called 'poker face' of his by waving his hand over his face. Each time he waved his hand over his face, he wore a different expression. The first way made him seem simple and stupid. She giggled to herself.

The second one confused her. It was blank. No matter how much she stared at him, she couldn't derive any thought or motivation from his expression.

Sarada crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow. "So, that's it? Making yourself look braindead is a poker face?" She could learn, but she had an idea about her own poker face. Or something like it. Maybe she could use her own boisterous prideful personality to her advantage to get people to underestimate her.

It would be hard not to blow her cover. Maybe paying attention to the likes of Jack will help. Oh, and the Arcosian, too.
    Jack cracked a grin, "Huh, braindead, never thought of if that way, but kinda," he nodded, "The trick is to not where you emotions on your sleeve, where everybody can see them," No that's an earthling expression, she probably won't get that...how to explain, Jack thought for a moment before the idea struck.

"Think about it like this, in a fight, if you were to try to break my nose you wouldn't wind you're fist back," Jack made a hyper extended exaggeration of preparing to throw a punch, "Like so, and give me plenty of time to dodge, or counter, or prepare of grapple, or whatever, right?" he asked.

"It's the same thing in the rest of life to, if you constantly broadcast to the whole world everything that's going in your head, you become predictable and when you're predictable," Jack flicked his eyes towards Totoma so briefly as he took another puff of his cigarette, "You become easy to manipulate and control, and I don't believe you want to be controlled anymore than I do, Sarada."

Jack cracked a grin, "Huh, braindead, never thought of if that way, but kinda," he nodded, "The trick is to not where you emotions on your sleeve, where everybody can see them," No that's an earthling expression, she probably won't get that...how to explain, Jack thought for a moment before the idea struck.

"Think about it like this, in a fight, if you were to try to break my nose you wouldn't wind you're fist back," Jack made a hyper extended exaggeration of preparing to throw a punch, "Like so, and give me plenty of time to dodge, or counter, or prepare of grapple, or whatever, right?" he asked.

"It's the same thing in the rest of life to, if you constantly broadcast to the whole world everything that's going in your head, you become predictable and when you're predictable," Jack flicked his eyes towards Totoma so briefly as he took another puff of his cigarette, "You become easy to manipulate and control, and I don't believe you want to be controlled anymore than I do, Sarada."
    "I wouldn't get very comfortable believing that people who show too much emotion are predictable or easy to read," she responded flatly. "You'll find yourself being manipulated that way." She was speaking from experience. "But, I understand what you're saying. Showing too much on my face is the same as a badly thrown punch." It was a simple concept to understand, one that went contrary to what many Saiyans believed, due to their... short tempers and instinctual need to protect their pride. Sarada was no different.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Asha'rah had understood.

Another confirmation, that the being that hovered in front of her was more than the container that served as its 'flesh'. Yet without knowing who she was, truly, there was no real way to know what it was the woman(?) was.

Though the insight she offered was telling.

Two halves meeting. That was what she offered Ishtar, then. Of bridging her whole, with the Oni's half in an attempt to reform what was lost; yet the Oni knew better than to trust to the hope of a half-measure. Her arm had been slow to heal even in the presence of humanity's neutral Ki. Her body was as much a vessel as Asha'rah's ultimately. One could repair the damage but would it ever be whole again?

"The deeper truth of my being, was what you were made to witness, Asha'rah. The ultimate end of Truth, or perhaps the lie set to obscure it; if one wished to be ... circuitous. To bridge the half, would require more than I am now. Though ... I am waking up. As are you, I suspect ..." The Oni trailed off then, in consideration for a moment before sighing.

"Perhaps what you seek can be achieved, in time. Not today, however. Or a long while still." For Ishtar, it was easier to speak to what she knew, of balances and time; of creation and destruction both ... but to say that the woman was otherwise undisturbed would be inaccurate.

"As ever, time will tell the truth of things."
    Ishtar did not believe herself, or Asha'rah, up to the task of forging her a new arm at this point. Perhaps she was right, perhaps not. Certainly, creating a hand that could truly meld with Ishtar's being was beyond anything Asha'rah had attempted to create before. But whatever the merit, this highly personal decision was Ishtar's alone to make. Ishtar spoke of waking, becoming more than she was now, and how she suspected Asha'rah of waking too. Such comments struck true, mirroring what Asha'rah sensed within herself. The oni seemed to have a headstart in understanding their respective natures. Her mind was whole, even if her soul was dormant.

Asha'rah nodded and saluted, closed fist clasped in open palm.

"Our lives will tell the truth of things."

Her work done for now, she floated away to find Etrina.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held nodded in understanding.

He understood her actions, in any case.

But her motive eluded him. Was it compassion? Sympathy? Pity? A captive, with the only means of escape being with Kami's aid. It could truly be called misfortune for the Ninlil, if the words she spoke were accurate. He could not say if he would have shown the same benevolence as Ishtar did, sacrificing a part of herself to aid a being who would have sacrificed you to avoid a fate they found unpleasant.

Then again, the nature of reality was perhaps one long chain of sacrificing the interest of another, to protect ones own. In any case, regardless of whatever emotion had moved Ishtar to do what she felt had to be done, the result was all that was of interest to the universe.

"That was certainly kind of you." He admitted, still examining the area where her arm would have been, "I suppose so long as you feel it was the right choice, I support your judgement in the matter."

Still, this is a bit much.....
    "Death would have been a kindness," Ishtar replied almost without hesitation. "She would have simply returned home ... but she was banished from Otherworld; it would have been ... much worse." Though she supposed there was a passing kindness in the selfish act of keeping Nunlil alive. Preventing the woman from dying what would have undoubtedly have been a slow and painful death- assuming she had been slowly ripped apart by the others- was something of a mercy.

Yet it was as much for Ishtar's sake, as it was for the others.

"In the end there was a balance of more consequence than my own body. That will be enough for now."

Hyperbole.

Had anyone else made such a claim, Held easily would have dismissed it as ones expression of desire, sentimental attachment, even just their manner of expressing themselves. Held was no expert on the subtleties of Oni expression--Ishtar being the first of her kind that he had met. And he had known her a few scant days; Not nearly long enough to completely discern her own personal quirks when it came to revealing ones thoughts.

Given her straight forward, almost unflinchingly honest demeanor, he wondered if she knew the meaning of the word exaggeration.

For a moment, he honestly did think that the statement she spoke was fact. That her blade had a value inherently superior to that of the ground on which they stood. He dismissed it as the value that she held towards the item personally.

Which, was not at all inconsequential in the eyes of the Nevadian.

"No....It won't change what has already occurred." He admitted glumly, "None of us can alter time, after all....But at the very least, it would help you gain back some of your strength. For goodness sake, Ishtar, you can barely stand."

She seemed so bent on that sword, Held could practically sense her preparing to shamble to the training hall, attempting to gather the shards of her weapon. It would have likely been an endeavor beyond her currently, if she had barely managed to emerge from a shirt without so much effort.

"....If I go find your blade, will you at least try to rest?" He asked, attempting to compromise, "Even for you, I would imagine that this is an abnormal occurrence."

Diplomacy. The Nevadian wanted to say that this sort of injury would be the type that would require some time to make peace with, that it would require adaption. That to run around so soon after losing an armbordered on folly.

But it would accomplish little. It would either only rub salt in an already tender wound, or it would go unheeded. Neither of which would have satisfied the Nevadian.

"If you do that, I will find every shard of your blade, personally." He declared, "Not one sliver of it will escape my sight."

If this blade were so important to her, perhaps she might at least see reason. Or what The Nevadian saw as reason. If nothing else, his offer might incline her to humor him.
    Held spoke of altering time, and it caused a noticeable shift in Ishtar. She stood somewhat straighter, weak muscles tensing as if in preparation for something. The moment passed however, and the woman relaxed slightly. "I am familiar with the manipulation of time, Held. I would not suffer it again ..."

She spoke softly, "Kami tampering with my timeline to bring me here has been enough to last me several more centuries." Though with the way she spoke, it seemed apparent Kami's gentle tampering had not been the first time the Oni had experienced temporal manipulation.

He wanted her to rest regardless, however. Even going so far as to offer collecting the shards of her sword in order to secure such a thing. That was ...

"Acceptable." She replied flatly. "I had collected the shards in Chuan's shirt before Nunlil and ... Chou, launched their attack. Perhaps they are still there."

Held had confirmed that resting would do nothing; yet the sword meant more to her than most things. To see it returned to her in exchange for simply sitting down did not seem like something she could reasonably deny. It might even allow her the time to clear her head. However ... there were things yet she wished to attend to; the fate of her cousin, Nunlil was one.

"I will be visiting my cousin, Ninlil, before I do what you wish of me however." Ishtar said, then.

"Thank you, Held."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"I wouldn't get very comfortable believing that people who show too much emotion are predictable or easy to read," she responded flatly. "You'll find yourself being manipulated that way." She was speaking from experience. "But, I understand what you're saying. Showing too much on my face is the same as a badly thrown punch." It was a simple concept to understand, one that went contrary to what many Saiyans believed, due to their... short tempers and instinctual need to protect their pride. Sarada was no different.
    "Pretty much" Jack admitted, as he stubbed the butt of his spent smoke and tossed it into a nearby trashcan, "There's a game to go along with it, but I'm afraid that would cut into training time." Come to think of it, Jack had not actually played a hand of poker in months. Weird. He had not even had a wager aside from betting Sarada who would kill the Yeti. Also weird.

...Come to think of it...why am I holding on to all this stuff Manco taught, me? I killed him right? He deserved it right? But the man had raised him, had shown Jack the skills that had kept him alive, He tried to kill me right? Right. I did the right thing. Just that once.

Right?

Jack's poker face cracked for just a second, and look of distress crossed his face.

I'm starting to thing too much. This kind of thing can't be good for you.

"Totoma, if your ready," Jack gestured in the general direction of the arena.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Ishtar shook her head again.

"I cannot fault you for what you did ... but you must know now, that Fife had planned to sacrifice you in order to achieve his own ends." The Oni pointed out.

"And I do not fault you for the loss. It had been sevely injured by an ally previous to your arrival. An act of carelessness. But we are here now, and I would see that you remain alive and free, cousin. You should not be forced to suffer the will of fools."
    She pauses a bit before answering again.

“What would you have of me, then, for my freedom?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

While focused on Jack at the time, Totoma did catch the flinch in the corner of his vision. Given the context, it was probably related to that person she'd started to compare him to. Probably not a good thing, either. Ah well.

He also caught the giggle. Weird hearing a purebred laugh any way other than derisively or mockingly. Jack was right. She didn't have much of a poker face. She had less of a poker face than him, and he was actively trying not to do that.

"Hm."

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Karine's mind did briefly linger on the subject of comparability before quickly dismissing it, not wanting to think too heavily on subjects to get flustered once again. The pure bred comment was impossible to miss, she knew his issues on the subject but they always did take her slightly off guard if he got especially vehement about it.

The comment about Ishstar, however, did make a talking point come easy enough even if the subject wasn't. "Perhaps so. Truth is I don't know Ishstar and her mind set enough to be much help not to mention I haven't known them long. Sometimes though, you just need the words of a stranger to help, less filter that way. What happened yesterday is one example."

For some reason the stand offish martial artist had been more of an aid to Totoma(and her to an extent) then any words that came from loved ones. Maybe that was what Ishstar needed, tough love could get through things when others couldn't.

Zaofan's surprise was easily understood, she was if being brutally honest a very small grain of sand in the large ocean that was the universe. To be fair, they pretty much all were at this moment. A power level of a fifty to a hundred, something to marvel about on her home planet was just a power level small children of other races long surpassed. "Is is daunting, but rather then let be a deterrent I'll let that fact push me further so I can break the limits I do have. Earth may be a very small player in the galactic chess board, but it doesn't have to stay that way, nor should it. There are a decent number of my kind that are unhappy about this fact and effectively at the mercy of stronger alien races."

It wasn't helped by the fact for reasons unknown Nosferartu weren't as strong as they used to be, at least base power wise not counting potential. "I wonder if this world is ready for a larger influx of very powerful fighters? If for instance, someone figured out how to effectively train humans who are the majority so they were at least more on par with some other races? As hard as it is to believe, some people are strong enough to destroy moons, or even planets. That's a dangerous and scary power shift. All it take was one go mad and they could do a lot of damage."
    "Ah, yeah, with Mister Ochazuke. Must have surprised you, seeing me open up to him with... stuff I never really shared with you," said Totoma. "I took a chance with that, and it... paid off, at least a little. He gave me a lot to think about."

Just being goaded into thinking about his... everything... at all would probably be enough. Eventually, anyway. Re-examine and dissect everything... rebuild himself. Figure out what's important to him, and why it's important. Take that and finally begin live.

A frightening proposition, for him, but he had to do it. This was do-or-die, just like with learning to fly all those years ago, so... he was confident he could do it. Okay, mostly confident. Maybe he'd need a few more kicks in his ass.

The metaphorical kind. Hopefully.

"Pretty much" Jack admitted, as he stubbed the butt of his spent smoke and tossed it into a nearby trashcan, "There's a game to go along with it, but I'm afraid that would cut into training time." Come to think of it, Jack had not actually played a hand of poker in months. Weird. He had not even had a wager aside from betting Sarada who would kill the Yeti. Also weird.

...Come to think of it...why am I holding on to all this stuff Manco taught, me? I killed him right? He deserved it right? But the man had raised him, had shown Jack the skills that had kept him alive, He tried to kill me right? Right. I did the right thing. Just that once.

Right?

Jack's poker face cracked for just a second, and look of distress crossed his face.

Totoma met Jack's gaze. He remained silent until Jack had finished speaking entirely.

"Yeah, sure," said Totoma, walking towards the Arena. As he walked he began loosening himself up and doing a few basic stretches that didn't require him to stop. With all these life-and-death battles, it'd be nice to have a friendly spar.

"So, anything goes, or we gonna have some ground rules?" He asked once he was in the arena. He began doing more thorough stretches, particularly those for the lower body. He hadn't noticed how stiff he'd gotten in the healing tank. Jeez.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Asha'rah laughed heartily, her orbs bobbing in time with her 'breaths'. Erosa was cute, and funny, and in a strange way it gladdened Asha'rah that the Id was proud of her. When she was done, she reached out and tussled Erosa's hair affectionately.

"Your sense is one of a kind, Erosa."

Was that the first time Erosa had tried to use Asha'rah's name? Yes, yes it was. She obviously wasn't used to pronouncing it, but the effort felt special.
    At some point, Asha'rah approached Etrina. The mage had been relatively quiet of late, always immersed in one form of research or another. But what little Asha'rah had seen, she respected. Dedication, logic, honor, level-headedness - she truly was Erosa's other half. Yet given what Erosa had revealed of their past, and what Erosa's own birth and history implied, Asha'rah feared that the crucial aspects of humanity Etrina neglected might come back to bite her. Erosa had asked Asha'rah to light her sister's darkness. It seemed overly presumptuous to believe she could do so, but she would touch Etrina's life if she would have her, and see where things went from there.

"Greetings, Etrina. Have you learnt much about the urn you took charge of?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    She pauses a bit before answering again.

“What would you have of me, then, for my freedom?”
    Ishtar was not sure, at first, what to ask of Ninlil. The Oni was her cousin- they shared the same origin- and yet they were wholly different. What could the Oni offer, that would both bring balance ... both for the sins committed, and for Ishtar herself; while at the same time affording her the freedom she sought? An idea formed then, based on what was shown during her assault on the others. She was strong, far stronger than most here, and she was versatile. Perhaps that could be of use.

For a long time the golden-eyed Oni was silent, before she finally gave Ninlil an answer.

"In truth you own me little ... but I would like ... if it is not too much to ask; for you to teach me." Ishtar replied, calmly. "I would know what you know." She paused. "It would require you remain with us awhile yet, however; and the others my not find your presence welcome for a time .. though perhaps they would come to understand, as I do, that you are not our enemy." At least she wasn't anymore.

Ishtar sighed again.

"The choice is ultimately yours to make, I will not force you should the terms not be agreeable ... and no harm will come should you decline." She spoke for herself, and with Jinzi's promise backing her; she was confident that she could honor her word in this.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    While focused on Jack at the time, Totoma did catch the flinch in the corner of his vision. Given the context, it was probably related to that person she'd started to compare him to. Probably not a good thing, either. Ah well.

He also caught the giggle. Weird hearing a purebred laugh any way other than derisively or mockingly. Jack was right. She didn't have much of a poker face. She had less of a poker face than him, and he was actively trying not to do that.

"Hm."

"Ah, yeah, with Mister Ochazuke. Must have surprised you, seeing me open up to him with... stuff I never really shared with you," said Totoma. "I took a chance with that, and it... paid off, at least a little. He gave me a lot to think about."

Just being goaded into thinking about his... everything... at all would probably be enough. Eventually, anyway. Re-examine and dissect everything... rebuild himself. Figure out what's important to him, and why it's important. Take that and finally begin live.

A frightening proposition, for him, but he had to do it. This was do-or-die, just like with learning to fly all those years ago, so... he was confident he could do it. Okay, mostly confident. Maybe he'd need a few more kicks in his ass.

The metaphorical kind. Hopefully.

Totoma met Jack's gaze. He remained silent until Jack had finished speaking entirely.

"Yeah, sure," said Totoma, walking towards the Arena. As he walked he began loosening himself up and doing a few basic stretches that didn't require him to stop. With all these life-and-death battles, it'd be nice to have a friendly spar.

"So, anything goes, or we gonna have some ground rules?" He asked once he was in the arena. He began doing more thorough stretches, particularly those for the lower body. He hadn't noticed how stiff he'd gotten in the healing tank. Jeez.

Right?

She caught the slip in his poker face, but didn't react. Whatever he was thinking about, he made him distressed enough to show it, despite giving her a lecture and lesson on how to not do that very thing.

Interesting creatures, these Earthers.

Jack directed Totoma to the arena, where they were likely going to spar. As much as she wanted to watch Jack fight -- and Mutt, too, she supposed -- something else attracted her attention. She turned and walked away, following after Jinzi, Ishtar, and Slak.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Ishtar was not sure, at first, what to ask of Ninlil. The Oni was her cousin- they shared the same origin- and yet they were wholly different. What could the Oni offer, that would both bring balance ... both for the sins committed, and for Ishtar herself; while at the same time affording her the freedom she sought? An idea formed then, based on what was shown during her assault on the others. She was strong, far stronger than most here, and she was versatile. Perhaps that could be of use.

For a long time the golden-eyed Oni was silent, before she finally gave Ninlil an answer.

"In truth you own me little ... but I would like ... if it is not too much to ask; for you to teach me." Ishtar replied, calmly. "I would know what you know." She paused. "It would require you remain with us awhile yet, however; and the others my not find your presence welcome for a time .. though perhaps they would come to understand, as I do, that you are not our enemy." At least she wasn't anymore.

Ishtar sighed again.

"The choice is ultimately yours to make, I will not force you should the terms not be agreeable ... and no harm will come should you decline." She spoke for herself, and with Jinzi's promise backing her; she was confident that she could honor her word in this.
    Ninlil pauses, gazing at them, then after a moment, nods.

“Until you deem balance restored, I will train you, little cousin.”

Jinzi nods again, reassuring the oni’s that he had their backs.

“I would suggest she remain celled while not training, Ishtar. Just to be on the safe side, for everyone’s sakes.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Ninlil pauses, gazing at them, then after a moment, nods.

“Until you deem balance restored, I will train you, little cousin.”

Jinzi nods again, reassuring the oni’s that he had their backs.

“I would suggest she remain celled while not training, Ishtar. Just to be on the safe side, for everyone’s sakes.”
    Ishtar nodded, relieved. "That would probably be best. Though you mentioned moving us to a safe place ... I would hope she joined us."

The golden-eyed Oni paused a moment before adding:

"If possible, I would see her injuries tended to as well." She did not mention the eye, however. Similar to Ishtar, Ninlil had lost a part of herself; and it would be foolish to assume. She was not keen on having her arm replaced by one of Jinzi's machines. There was no telling how Nunlil felt.

Arx Inosaan

Ishtar nodded, relieved. "That would probably be best. Though you mentioned moving us to a safe place ... I would hope she joined us."

The golden-eyed Oni paused a moment before adding:

"If possible, I would see her injuries tended to as well." She did not mention the eye, however. Similar to Ishtar, Ninlil had lost a part of herself; and it would be foolish to assume. She was not keen on having her arm replaced by one of Jinzi's machines. There was no telling how Nunlil felt.

“Of course, as soon as I locate the damn Lookout and we get there, I’ll have her wounds tended to more carefully.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM