Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Actually Constantine didn't do it, Doctor Fate did.
    Welp, that's ironic from a YJ standpoint.

I told you Joker was going to be in this. He's one of the bosses if not the Boss
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I told you Joker was going to be in this. He's one of the bosses if not the Boss
    Revenge for Batman Bloodstorm I guess.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    It seemed more like Constantine just wanted Zee not to kill anyone, he seemed pretty pretty upset with Fate when he set Zatanna Ablaze
    True. He wasn't happy about it, but he still helped.

Bummer, I was digging Vampire Zee. Was hoping she'd play a bigger role.

Incredible Member

Seems very likely the big bad is a Gotham character, and the entire "leave the bats alone" order that the vampires received in the previous issue further suggests so.
    Personally, so far I think Nightwing is the most suspicious of the characters, and he's definitely capable enough to pass Batman's tests.

Either the Joker card is a red herring or it’s him as the King. This story is just getting more and more boring and cliche. Can’t believe I’m saying this but Taylor deserves some credit for killing Batman off right away in DCeased, DC vs. Vampires is unfolding exactly how you would expect these stories to.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Seems very likely the big bad is a Gotham character, and the entire "leave the bats alone" order that the vampires received in the previous issue further suggests so.
    Personally, so far I think Nightwing is the most suspicious of the characters, and he's definitely capable enough to pass Batman's tests.
    No DC would never let Dick one up Batman like that. How dumb would Batman be if he didn't notice Nightwing was a vampire
    The J-man

No DC would never let Dick one up Batman like that. How dumb would Batman be if he didn't notice Nightwing was a vampire
    If they had Hal one up Wonder Woman, would they really be that opposed to Dick doing that to Batman. At least here they can have the excuse of Bruce being one upped by someone who knows him better than anyone else and whom he trust more than anyone else. He would be duped by someone he sees as a son, not only a partner or fellow superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    If they had Hal one up Wonder Woman, would they really be that opposed to Dick doing that to Batman. At least here they can have the excuse of Bruce being one upped by someone who knows him better than anyone else and whom he trust more than anyone else. He would be duped by someone he sees as a son, not only a partner or fellow superhero.
    Did you miss James Gunn talking about how WB was ok with him making fun of everyone but Batman? DC goes out of their way to protect Batman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

How is that the same? Batman is on a different level than Wonder Woman. They don't do that in the current meta.

Batman can get one-upped by the Big bad like the Joker or the ultimate mastermind in service of a story, but that doesn't happen to him by a peer or secondary character when he's the lead. Dick hasn't been on Bruce's level for over ten years now. (excluding the Titans show or Young Justice). At best he's an equal or someone Bruce passes the torch to. (At best.)

The only time you'd see that happen is if Bruce is guest-starring in someone else's title. And I'm struggling to think of an example outside of Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Did you miss James Gunn talking about how WB was ok with him making fun of everyone but Batman? DC goes out of their way to protect Batman.
    This. From a corporate perspective, Batman is DC's most valuable property. Now DC isn't inflexible. That doesn't mean he has to be infallible or can't be in crisis, but certain things don't happen to Batman. They've got to maintain a certain mystique. DC can have fun with him like in Lego Batman or the Harley Quinn show, but even then, they don't let the creatives do everything with Batman.
    The J-man

This. From a corporate perspective, Batman is DC's most valuable property. Now DC isn't inflexible. That doesn't mean he has to be infallible or can't be in crisis, but certain things don't happen to Batman. They've got to maintain a certain mystique. DC can have fun with him like in Lego Batman or the Harley Quinn show, but even then, they don't let the creatives do everything with Batman.
    From what I read, I think they had a problem with the "Batman's a P***y" speech, but that made it through - I don't think they made him take anything out.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    From what I read, I think they had a problem with the "Batman's a P***y" speech, but that made it through - I don't think they made him take anything out.
    no there was suppose to be a scene with Batman performing an act on Catwoman and DC said no to that

https://www.vulture.com/2021/06/batm...n-dc-says.html

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/batman-...ban-reactions/

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qj8j...-pussy-dc-says

https://www.themarysue.com/dc-batman-oral-sex-cmon-now/

https://www.scarymommy.com/batman-ap...ings-about-it/

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alliehayes/...sh-lover-jokes

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/zack-sn...sex-discourse/
    The J-man

no there was suppose to be a scene with Batman performing an act on Catwoman and DC said no to that
    Right. Sorry, I was more responding to the "Peacemaker" scene.

Astonishing Member

I think Constantine will be the one to save the day.

But then, there's Batman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    There's something off with Nightwing and Batgirl, probably just the writing but I've had the feeling that one of them is turned and is playing a long game.
    Schmidt's going all out on drawing Barbara with suspicious expressions and Vampire Body Language - that super-cool and sensual thing all the vampires get - so I'd love that to be a red herring. Barbara's just in an odd mood or drunk or something, and Dick is King Vampire.

This is twelve issues, right? A mid-point twist of Vampire Nightwing revealing his hand and killing Bruce would get a lot of press, I'm sure - and help with some of the Batgoddery that this series seems to be leaning into a little. But then, that's my favouritism showing.