Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Sixers' Ben Simmons was named Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month for November. For the season to date, Simmons is averaging 18.6 points, 9.4 rebounds, 7.2 assists through his first 20 games with 12 double-doubles. Kyle Kuzma of the Lakers won the rookie award in the West.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

My Detroit Pistons WERE in 2nd place in the East, then they lost 3 in a row and are now in 4th place in that conference. >sigh<

But at least our main big man Andre Drummond has definitely improved as a player overall this season.

Not nearly as good as Joel Embiid (with whom he has an ongoing trash-talking conversation), but definitely more durable if nothing else.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

So, the Lakers instigated a new policy to keep Lavar Ball from crowding the press conference nightly.

I wished Utah or Phoenix or Denver drafted Ball. I doubt you'd see Lavar's fake ass hogging the attention

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    So, the Lakers instigated a new policy to keep Lavar Ball from crowding the press conference nightly.

I wished Utah or Phoenix or Denver drafted Ball. I doubt you'd see Lavar's fake ass hogging the attention
    If Magic Johnson isn't having second thoughts about drafting Ball, knowing his ******* father was part of the package, then he's a fool.

Meanwhile, I read that Lavar pulled LiAngelo out of UCLA after the shoplifting debacle in China to concentrate on getting the kid ready for the NBA. Right. As if teams are dying to draft him.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If Magic Johnson isn't having second thoughts about drafting Ball, knowing his ******* father was part of the package, then he's a fool.

Meanwhile, I read that Lavar pulled LiAngelo out of UCLA after the shoplifting debacle in China to concentrate on getting the kid ready for the NBA. Right. As if teams are dying to draft him.

The 1st brother, Lonzo, will ultimately be ok as a pro, I think. I doubt he'll be a full-on bust, but I also don't see NBA Champion or League MVP on his future resume. Then again, I definitely saw neither for Steph Curry as a rookie either, so what do I know?

The 2nd brother, LiAngelo, is screwed. The NBA won't touch him. Too much baggage for too little talent. With no American college experience on the horizon for him, and his daddy talking about playing overseas, LiAngelo never enters the NBA, much less the Lakers. And that will be largely on Lavar's hands.

The 3rd brother, LaMelo, is a complete unknown at any level that matters at this point. But I think Lavar will screw him up too.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/ind...agreement.html

Interesting development..

I'd like to see Seattle get another team or to bring back the SuperSonics.. I wouldn't move any of the current teams I moved Memphis to the east conference it never made sense in my paying for them to be in the West an Seattle can take their place in the West. And put another expansion franchise in another city Maybe Vegas or Missouri or Maryland or New Mexico or etc..

Will Sports Center start showing Lithuania basketball highlights?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Will Sports Center start showing Lithuania basketball highlights?
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if the suits up in Bristol are at the very least, considering it.

Meanwhile, back to the NBA, when a team turns the ball over 25 times during the course of a game, that usually spells a loss, if not being blown out. However, the 76ers didn't get that memo as they beat the T-Pups in overtime, 118-112 last night in Minnesota to snap a four game skid. Go figure.

The Houston Rockets have the best PG combo in the league, and it's not remotely close. Plus, the current leader for 2018 League MVP in James Harden.

2018 Western Conference Finals, barring new injuries or suspensions, is likely going to be Rockets V Dubs, IMHO.

Eh my money says Lebron's the current leader, Harden's 31.6/9.4/5.1 while Lebron's 28.1/9.1/8.3, where Lebron really pulls away is efficiency, he shoots 58% from the field and 41% from 3 whereas Harden shoots 46% and 40%, and Lebron gets far fewer FT attempts per game as well, Lebron has a higher PER and True Shooting %

Also doesn't help that as good as Harden's been playing the Rockets are actually slightly better when he's on the bench and CP3's on the floor

but hey we're still in December, lot of games for it to play out

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

"Hail Hydra"

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

My Sixers and OKC needed triple overtime last night before the Thunder finally won out 119-117. Whew! What a game!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Eh my money says Lebron's the current leader, Harden's 31.6/9.4/5.1 while Lebron's 28.1/9.1/8.3, where Lebron really pulls away is efficiency, he shoots 58% from the field and 41% from 3 whereas Harden shoots 46% and 40%, and Lebron gets far fewer FT attempts per game as well, Lebron has a higher PER and True Shooting %

Also doesn't help that as good as Harden's been playing the Rockets are actually slightly better when he's on the bench and CP3's on the floor

but hey we're still in December, lot of games for it to play out

Man, how bad does that 2011 League MVP for Derrick Rose look in hindsight?

LeBron was clearly being needlessly punished by the voters for the (admittedly very stupid) Decision to Miami. He should have 5 League MVPs (instead of the 4 he does have), going for 6 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Man, how bad does that 2011 League MVP for Derrick Rose look in hindsight?

LeBron was clearly being needlessly punished by the voters for the (admittedly very stupid) Decision to Miami. He should have 5 League MVPs (instead of the 4 he does have), going for 6 right now.
    That will likely actually play in his favor this year along with his top 3 snub last year

He just passed Larry Bird on the all time list for triple doubles tonight

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

The Lakers don’t need Lonzo Ball to be their best player, they just need him to be their most important player. He’s not a primary scorer. He’s a distributor, and engine of a particular style of play. You just need to put scorers around him. Kuzama and Ingram are a good start, and Clarkson is a good six man. Get George or Cousins and they’ll be in business.