Page 69 of 102 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1517

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    As far as hypothetical friendship parings go, I'd also prefer Duke/The Signal with Derek/Sideways. Not to say Duke and Wally/Kid Flash couldn't be done and done well, but I feel the former would have more common ground and overall chemistry.
    Yeah, it would be great, plus Derek is in Gotham too, if I remember right. It would also be cool to have the more serious Duke (with rather "under-average" powers compared to most big time meta heroes) teaming with Sideways and his crazy powers (plus Gotham Girl, hopefully?).

Also, we finally know what will be in the TPB for B&S : the mini plus all the All-Star back-ups. https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nov...and-the-signal

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Yeah, it would be great, plus Derek is in Gotham too, if I remember right. It would also be cool to have the more serious Duke (with rather "under-average" powers compared to most big time meta heroes) teaming with Sideways and his crazy powers (plus Gotham Girl, hopefully?).

Also, we finally know what will be in the TPB for B&S : the mini plus all the All-Star back-ups. https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nov...and-the-signal
    Derek was in Gotham when he fell into the crack between dimensions that gives him his powers. I don't think that's his hometown. Still, if they needed a reason for the two to meet in said hypothetical scenario, him shifting back to Gotham to investigate only to run into the Signal would make for a perfect one.

The All-Star backups made the most logical sense, what with how much development is in there for Duke's contemporary character but glad they're confirmed to be there nonetheless.

I'm hoping his cousin in the mini is on his dad's side as his mom gets more focus already. It be a good way to seperate the influences of his parents, his powers are from his mom and his cousin is from his dad.

I like that his mom gets to play a big role in his life as moms in pop culture don't get to do as much in pop culture. They feel like an afterthought even if that has been changing. I'm hoping the shoutout she gets with the Immortal men are picked up on one day.

I guess we can add Caden Park (series lead) to the list of characters Duke should meet.

Does anyone have a full list of all the comics Duke has appeared in thus far?

I have never been much of a Batman follower in the past. Only ever stopping in every now and again. But I really like Duke and his powerset is one I have always wished to see in a character who was more "street level" so now I'm trying to go back and read all of his appearances.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated it.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post

I have never been much of a Batman follower in the past. Only ever stopping in every now and again. But I really like Duke and his powerset is one I have always wished to see in a character who was more "street level" so now I'm trying to go back and read all of his appearances.

-He first appeared in Scott Snyder's Batman run with a cameo in the Zero Year arc.
    -Made another appearance in endgame, when his parents got jokerized by the joker.
    - He then had a main character role in the we are robin series and the crossover in that series, robin war. That's where he met the other robins the first time
    -During this, he also had a big role in scott snyder's last batman arc, super heavy. This arc is key to Bruce wanting to train duke.
    -He becomes Batman's protege in batman rebirth #1. After this, he makes appearances throughout tom king's batman run, doesn't do too much in that book though.
    -He has a big role in the first two arcs of scott snyder's all star batman and the backups in that book, where Batman trains duke before he goes out on his own.
    -Appears in preludes to Metal, dark days the casting and the forge, where he see's Joker and readers realize he is actually a meta human and can use the power of light to slow down time or something( we are still discovering the extent of these powers.)
    -Currently appearing in batman and the signal #1-3, and now you are caught up. Snyder hopes to continue the book as a ongoing afterwards.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm hoping his cousin in the mini is on his dad's side as his mom gets more focus already. It be a good way to seperate the influences of his parents, his powers are from his mom and his cousin is from his dad.

I like that his mom gets to play a big role in his life as moms in pop culture don't get to do as much in pop culture. They feel like an afterthought even if that has been changing. I'm hoping the shoutout she gets with the Immortal men are picked up on one day.

I guess we can add Caden Park (series lead) to the list of characters Duke should meet.
    While I can see why you'd hope Cousin Jason is on Duke's dad's side of the family, I'm hoping he's on his mom's. It would be nice if so, since it would provide a non-Duke avenue of insight onto that side of the family. There's still so much we don't know about her and her family.

Duke meeting/interacting with Caden could be interesting, yes. Would need more info on Caden, though, to better speculate how a hypothetical meeting would go.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    -He first appeared in Scott Snyder's Batman run with a cameo in the Zero Year arc.
    -Made another appearance in endgame, when his parents got jokerized by the joker.
    - He then had a main character role in the we are robin series and the crossover in that series, robin war. That's where he met the other robins the first time
    -During this, he also had a big role in scott snyder's last batman arc, super heavy. This arc is key to Bruce wanting to train duke.
    -He becomes Batman's protege in batman rebirth #1. After this, he makes appearances throughout tom king's batman run, doesn't do too much in that book though.
    -He has a big role in the first two arcs of scott snyder's all star batman and the backups in that book, where Batman trains duke before he goes out on his own.
    -Appears in preludes to Metal, dark days the casting and the forge, where he see's Joker and readers realize he is actually a meta human and can use the power of light to slow down time or something( we are still discovering the extent of these powers.)
    -Currently appearing in batman and the signal #1-3, and now you are caught up. Snyder hopes to continue the book as a ongoing afterwards.
    In addition to this, he also was part of the Night of the Monster Men crossover between Batman and Detective Comics, early in the Rebirth period. Not to big of a role, but bigger than his role during early Rebirth Batman. He had a brief appearance in another later Detective Comics issues, but that was him delivering some info and giving well wishes to Luke before dropping out.

More pertinent and recent, he was the focal point of one of the one-shot stories in last November's DC's New Talent Showcase, written by the writer of his current mini. Here, he's in a training session with Red Hood, and its pretty cool. Definitely recommend checking that out.

Sorry if this was too spoilery. If the information on the locations of these appearances are too vague, let us know, and we can try and put together some issue numbers.

@DragonPiece, any particular reason why you didn't capitalize Duke's name in your post? It was noticeable to me because at one point, 'Bruce' was capitalized while 'duke' wasn't on the same line.

Also, FYI, I'm not sure if slowing down time is part of his powers. Maybe it just seemed that way at the time.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 02-12-2018 at 04:41 AM.

Thanks for this

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

In addition to this, he also was part of the Night of the Monster Men crossover between Batman and Detective Comics, early in the Rebirth period. Not to big of a role, but bigger than his role during early Rebirth Batman. He had a brief appearance in another later Detective Comics issues, but that was him delivering some info and giving well wishes to Luke before dropping out.

More pertinent and recent, he was the focal point of one of the one-shot stories in last November's DC's New Talent Showcase, written by the writer of his current mini. Here, he's in a training session with Red Hood, and its pretty cool. Definitely recommend checking that out.

Sorry if this was too spoilery. If the information on the locations of these appearances are too vague, let us know, and we can try and put together some issue numbers.
    Thank You!

And yes the number issues would be great if you have them and it isn't to much trouble. I plan on getting everything on Duke so having the issue numbers would be very helpful.

I'm still not a fan of his costume at all. But I'm sure over time he will move to something better. Hopefully, at some point he can step away from the Bat motif entirely while still being connected to the bat family.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 02-12-2018 at 05:19 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Interview and preview for issue #2 : https://nerdist.com/batman-and-the-s...-cully-hamner/

Double post to share an interview from Tony Patrick, and it's almost said out-loud that we will see more of the WAR kids in the future ! Among other tasty teases.

Double post to share an interview from Tony Patrick, and it's almost said out-loud that we will see more of the WAR kids in the future ! Among other tasty teases.
    Just read it, the Joker tease is exciting. Also the preview for #2 looks good.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Good news!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Another interview: http://www.comicosity.com/interview-...nd-the-signal/

The last part of the interview was interesting to me, Tony Patrick wants to put Duke in school(which was a plot point in the original solicit for the mini series) and introduce more We are robin kids.

Man, those worldess pages are awesome, Riko and Izzy arguing with each other, and Tony Patrick clearly has some big ideas for the future of Duke. My only question then is, will he uses Gotham-Girl, since King said that she would end with Duke. It would be cool to see it in an ongoing, I think.

Another interview: http://www.comicosity.com/interview-...nd-the-signal/

The last part of the interview was interesting to me, Tony Patrick wants to put Duke in school(which was a plot point in the original solicit for the mini series) and introduce more We are robin kids.
    On one of those pages it looks like Duke was invisible. I wonder if he can use his powers to reflect light and make himself invisible.

I really hope we get an ongoing soon! All those ideas sound really good!