Page 43 of 100 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

ACTIVATE GUSH MODE!

Aaaaaaaaieeeeee! And the Universe saw fit, in her infinite wisdom, to bless us, in lieu of the TERRIBAD state of the Unite States government, with the wonder that is Rainbow Rowell, y'all.

Every issue is an exquisite gift, furthering in quality and enjoyment. Anka and Wilson continue to demolish aesthetically, elevating every character beat, quirk and feel without fail. The EXPRESSIONS and the BODY LANGUAGE and the MOOD these two weave and craft cannot be commended highly enough.

And Rainbow. Sweet gawd, that Rainbow and her mastery of dialogue and humor? I watched my buddy John read the latest issue over lunch yesterday, during our break at work, and he audibly laughed 7 times. AUDIBLY. Out Loud. THAT is a talent -- a skill -- an amazing intuition that cannot be underestimated and ought to be applauded to hand-numbing excessiveness. haha.

Highlights!!!!!!
    The bed-bound-Molly-breakdown-captions? Sensational. Mollificent? Molliver? STAHP/NEVER-EVER-EVER-STAHP!!!
    Dat LAMB???
    Molly - Queen Knower of All Things, but never letting on, is such a brilliant and appropriate throwback to her glory days with Vaughn at the helm. She's the youngest. She's the kid. She IS NOT TO BE UNDERESTIMATED. She KNOWS stuff. All the stuff. She quietly observes, documents, files, logs, and catelgouges everything around her. She. Is. Brilliant.
    Cats. Cats. MOAR Cats. And "I think he's on my side" Rufus!!!! The purity of her youth caught in that simple line.
    Two Words: Piddle Pads.

Every time I talk about this book and how much it MEANS to me, I'm never satisfied. I cannot effectively convey the depths of which this book actually affects me, emotionally. Its irrational and uncanny. Its so uplifting. Its like actually being reunited with a best friend after years apart and picking up as if no time has passed at all. Like there was a void I was unaware of that has been filled. Dramatic? Yes. But I harbor no shame. Its just so fantastic to feel this happy about a Marvel book nowadays. I've written Marvel (in case the title gets a letters page, and to show support) once already, but I feel inclined to write again. Wish me luck y'all.

Loved issue 5.

I'm really hoping this doesn't get cancelled by 12

What is there to say, except Fokken is dead-on correct? Haha

Rowell's ability to capture the voices and personalities of the Runaways is so near pitch-perfect. It's seriously uncanny, and I use that word on purpose. And Anka does just as great a job on the mannerisms and style of the characters.

This team should be damned proud of themselves for reigniting this book in a way that nobody else could after BKV left.

Any predictions on how the first arc is going to end?

-Pav, who likes the addition of Molly's grandmother...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Thanks!!!

They run.
    lol

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Only wish the YA original team would get this much love.

I can only guess in that we'll see maybe the time steam being fixed. If they do continue the series I'm not sure she'll be the writer. Hoping to see Victor up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    YUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSS.
    I hope and pray that someone like Rainbow is out there, waiting in the wings, or actively pitching on their behalf -- and we are equally blessed with a top notch creative team, as we are with Runaways.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    YUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSS.
    I hope and pray that someone like Rainbow is out there, waiting in the wings, or actively pitching on their behalf -- and we are equally blessed with a top notch creative team, as we are with Runaways.
    My only worry is that with the Eli thing we won't get that. But man YES! I would love to see a strong writer tackle the YA group. Maybe an adventure to get back Iron Lad? Or something to do with Kang?

Also a YA /Runaways/GenX/Champions/Avengers Academy cross over please!
    Last edited by Darkspellmaster; 01-12-2018 at 11:12 AM.

I finished Avengers Arena, I gotta say this probably the first I disliked reading Chase & Nico.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I finished Avengers Arena, I gotta say this probably the first I disliked reading Chase & Nico.
    In Arena? Yeah I know what you mean. That series didn't do them any favors, I was really disappointed. I understand what Hopeless was going for but it still felt OOC.

As for the current series, I agree with everyone else, it's fantastic! Both Rowell and Anka are doing a stellar job, and it really feels like prime Runaways! More than volume 3 even.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I ain't going lie; Rainbow and Anka didn't impress me with issue #1 but I had to pick it up with Victor and Molly coming back and nos. 4 and 5 were pretty damn good.

BANNED

It's true.

They run off to go get a spaceship...I can dream.

I should really try some Young Avengers comics one of these days.

If they do continue the series I'm not sure she'll be the writer.
    Considering how enthusiastic Rowell and Anka are about the book and the positive reception its gotten, I don't really see why either would be leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    and it really feels like prime Runaways! More than volume 3 even.
    I mean yes, but that's not exactly hard.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    In Arena? Yeah I know what you mean. That series didn't do them any favors, I was really disappointed. I understand what Hopeless was going for but it still felt OOC.

As for the current series, I agree with everyone else, it's fantastic! Both Rowell and Anka are doing a stellar job, and it really feels like prime Runaways! More than volume 3 even.
    I wish we could all (the fans) get together in person and chat about it. I've many thoughts that I feel can't effectively be convey without proper tone. lol

Arena is what made Nico one of my favorite marvel characters. Would you mind explaining why you didn't enjoy reading her in Arena?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Arena is what made Nico one of my favorite marvel characters. Would you mind explaining why you didn't enjoy reading her in Arena?
    At the time it was hard to enjoy it not knowing if Hopeless would kill her off with Arcade beating her to death with the Staff of One or some ****.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    At the time it was hard to enjoy it not knowing if Hopeless would kill her off with Arcade beating her to death with the Staff of One or some ****.
    Actually, it was Apex that did the killing of Nico.......but at least the Old Saying about Payback is true; especially after the Staff of One brought Sister Grimm back......with a vengeance...!!