Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Default NHL 2019-2020 Season

It's time to drop the puck on the new hockey season as the last two Stanley Cup champs, Washington visits St. Louis tonight at 8 p.m. (EST) on NBC Sports Network!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Time for (once again) the Jerks to go under the radar and probably make the playoffs in the competitive Metropolitan Division.

It's frustrating to follow them as they, as usual, only have one game on NBCSN, and it's (once more) a road game at the end of the season in Philly, with the NBC pundits likely gonna talk about how the Flyers are focusing on next year as the Canes are focusing on the playoffs.

I wish NHL had a better deal, but maybe it's time for me to get off my ass and convince my bank to let me purchase ESPN+ so I can see them.

Go Flyers!

Glad to have hockey back, as post season baseball, once again, means little to nothing for me.

Haven't found time to talk hockey on CBR for a while, but I was basically busting at the seams for hockey to return.

How's everyone doing? Hope you are all well. Man, it's so awesome to have hockey back. I expect Buffalo, New Jersey, New York and Montreal to be much better this season. I expect Colorado to be a serious contender. I expect Toronto to really ramp up their offence and really go for it, even though they lost in hilarious fashion last night.

My Oilers are doing alright. The two games they won were very much in a manner where the other team could have easily won.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Hockey is back! My Hawks lost though. Bad defense. Same story, new year.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Hockey is back! My Hawks lost though. Bad defense. Same story, new year.
    Hey Whovian. How did the goaltending look? I personally think that a strong tandem of Crawford and Lehner could lead the Hawks back to the playoffs.

Seriously: if you're the Winnipeg Jets, do you just invite the likes of Dion Phaneuf and Adam McQuaid to come try out for your team? That teams' defence core has been decimated. Trouba gone. Myers gone. Byfuglien is unknown and now Morrissey is injured. They gotta do something quick, before their season spirals too far. I watched them play against the New York Islanders and they looked atrocious.

Well, my Flyers won their season opener last Friday in Prague, beating Chicago 4-3. It'll be interesting to see just how good sophomore goalie Carter Hart can be now that he's established as the full time starter. The home opener is tomorrow night against New Jersey as they welcome back Wayne Simmonds who signed with the Devils in the off-season.

20 year goalie phenom Carter Hart notched his first career shutout as the Flyers topped New Jersey 4-0 last night. The highlight was Hart making big saves during a 5 on 3 Devils power play late in the second period with the Flyers only up 1-0. Two goals less than thirty seconds apart early in the third sealed the deal.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-10-2019 at 05:33 AM.

Live at the UC! It's OT hockey baby!

hawk.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by The Whovian; 10-13-2019 at 06:45 PM.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

LOL...I had to download the picture and rotate it to get a look at ya, Whovian. That is awesome.

It is so awesome to have hockey back. I am going to show some restraint and not gush about my Oilers. I am just going to say I am glad that they have won the first five games and these 10 points will be huge near the end of the season if the Oilers are going to try and make the playoffs. Obviously, the fates of the Oilers rise and fall with Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl and lo and behold, they are the best point producers on the team again.

I wish I could say I am pleasantly surprised that the Carolina Hurricanes are off to a great start, but I won't. For the last couple of years, I had been waiting to see Carolina dominate. Looks like I was a couple of years early. The vaunted defence core they had been putting together was missing just one key piece and now that they have Dougie Hamilton on the team, they are looking dangerous. Carolina added some quality pieces in the off-season in getting Dzingel and Gardiner, but looks like Erik Haula had been hidden jewel. Haula is off to a great start.

I am surprised by what New Jersey has been doing. I thought for sure they would be good this season. Not "make the playoffs" good, but a fast and talented team that would give other teams fits. They have been very disappointing, IMO. I guess there isn't enough of a sample size to determine how good the Rangers have been so far, since they have just played 3 games. I think they should be a lot better.

The biggest surprise to me, though, are the Colorado Avalanche. Not to say that they aren't doing well, but how they are doing it. It has been a really slow start for the likes of MacKinnon and Landeskogg. While Rantanen signed a last minute deal to get into game one and immediately made an impact, I have been underwhelmed with what MacKinnon and Landeskogg have brought to the team. I expected them to explode, now that they have a solid second line centre and a rookie sensation in Cale Makar.

I guess the season is too young to jump to any conclusions, but the season has not started off the way I expected it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    LOL...I had to download the picture and rotate it to get a look at ya, Whovian. That is awesome.
    Lol, yeah. Sorry about that. I took the picture real quick and posted it at the game. For some reason, it was upside down.

Hawks look terrible on defense again this year. I'm still super disappointed that they didn't draft Byram. Your biggest weakness on the team is defense and you pass on the best defenseman in the draft, who by all accounts, will be very good in the NHL, so how does that happen? I just don't understand their thinking. I hate to say it, but it's time for a complete overhaul of the organization from top to bottom.

It's cool to see the Oilers doing well. Just please don't let the Blues win it all again. My head will explode.

Finally a score in this game. Of course it was Kane.

And whoa! What a hit by Shaw!

Hawks get a badly needed win against the Oilers. Sorry Arf.

Finally a score in this game. Of course it was Kane.

And whoa! What a hit by Shaw!
    That hit rocked Joel Persson. I guess he was eventually going to get hit hard.

Hawks get a badly needed win against the Oilers. Sorry Arf.
    No need to be sorry. The Oilers didn't deserve that game. They started off pretty well, but didn't sink the chances they got and basically gave Chicago one chance after another in the second period. Our secondary scoring not being there had not been a big problem thus far, since our big guns have been carrying the offence (again), but we've been getting some good goaltending and defence. The game last night, the Oilers didn't do any of that, so we lost.

Buffalo Sabres on top of the League thus far? Victor Oloffson a scoring sensation thus far on the power play? Not bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post

Buffalo Sabres on top of the League thus far? Victor Oloffson a scoring sensation thus far on the power play? Not bad at all.
    Yeah, that's crazy