Page 105 of 200 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2987

I like Jason and artemis figures..

I liked the Death in Family Preview.(I still remember under Red Hood).. So. Jason inis using the RED ROBIN costume too.. right?

I saw weird see Tim attacking Black Mask.
    Last edited by adrikito; 07-31-2020 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I like Jason and artemis figures..

I liked the Death in Family Preview.(I still remember under Red Hood).. So. Jason inis using the RED ROBIN costume too.. right?

I saw weird see Tim attacking Black Mask.
    No Tim. It's interactive, so depending on what you choose Jason becomes the Red Hood, Red Robin, or Hush.

Not gonna lie, seeing Red Robin in the thumbnail made me misread the title. Thought we were getting a "Death OF the Family" adaption. Which...I honestly would have preferred. Especially since there doesn't seem to be a huge difference in the routes you take with this interactive movie. Hell, one of the three routes would just be the same old "Under the Red Hood"

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

Burnett and Dini are cribbing the Zero Year Tynion did for BTAS Jason origin. Can't say I'm a fan of it, or they way they still lean into "The signs for Jason's instability were always there" take.
    I like the little streak they got going on in Jason's hair. A way to make him look different from the other Robins while also possibly being a shout out to his original hair color.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/0...-a-choiceagain

Out Digital and Physical on October 13th

Produced, directed and written by Brandon Vietti, in Batman: Death in the Family, the infamous murder of Batman protégé Jason Todd will be undone, and the destinies of Batman, Robin and the Joker will play out in shocking new ways as viewers make multiple choices to control the story.
    Let's see how it goes then, UTRH was so good because of Winnick's involvement, not Vietti's direction. And people are still very divided about Young Justice
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 07-31-2020 at 07:17 PM.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/0...-a-choiceagain

Out Digital and Physical on October 13th

Let's see how it goes then, UTRH was so good because of Winnick's involvement, not Vietti's direction. And people are still very divided about Young Justice
    Mmm... I like Young Justice (well, the first two seasons af least. Haven't watched the third one yet), but it does have some problems in my opinion. Mainly, very tight animation, which is a budget problem; and a too large cast, which is probably a writers' room problem and maybe some push from the higher ups to put in as many new characters in each season as posible.

That said, glancing through IMDB, Vietti doesn't have a ton of experience scripting, which makes me a bit wary. But he does have plenty of experience in other fields of production; that's more reasuring.

Also, animation wise, direction wise, UTRH is good. It wasn't just the script, hey. Or, well, I don't think it was just becuase of that.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 07-31-2020 at 07:46 PM.

Spectacular Member

never mind i got the answer
    Last edited by redmax99; 07-31-2020 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Mmm... I like Young Justice (well, the first two seasons af least. Haven't watched the third one yet), but it does have some problems in my opinion. Mainly, very tight animation, which is a budget problem; and a too large cast, which is probably a writers' room problem and maybe some push from the higher ups to put in as many new characters in each season as posible.

That said, glancing through IMDB, Vietti doesn't have a ton of experience scripting, which makes me a bit wary. But he does have plenty of experience in other fields of production; that's more reasuring.

Also, animation wise, direction wise, UTRH is good. It wasn't just the script, hey. Or, well, I don't think it was just becuase of that.
    Third season had a few budget constraints (mainly for certain voice actors), but storywise, it was really good, with some little hints here and there of what is to come in the future.

Overall I'd say the third season was really good but it suffered from the same problem that the second season had. Introducing so many new characters and doing next to nothing with them. In fact it was even worse than Season 2 in that regard. Did Steph and Cissie even have any lines?

The YJ universe is definitely one that would benefit from having more than one show (or at least some spin-off comics). It's amazing but I feel like it's grown too big to be restricted the way it is. Especially now that the main characters are all spread throughout three or four separate teams. I'm happy that there's a chance of seeing characters like Jason and Damian in the next season but part of me is fearful that they'll end up having maybe one episode where they get to do something and then get relegated to the background like every Bat family member who's not Dick and Babs.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    was Danny the guy who shot himself in the convenience store or... no... he's the one who asked Jason to join what's left of Red Hood gang right?
    Danny is a new character. spoilers:
    He is Jason's older brother who joined a gang called Wolves to earn some money but died at the first job when he was their lookout, called Red Hood.
    end of spoilers

The other character you mean is probably Chris. He appeared in Batman #0 and in RHatO #25. Chris was a streetkid like Jason who wanted to escape the street life and be somebody. In both issues, Chris and Jason go separate ways in the end.

From Batman #0:

From RHatO #25 (New52 run):

Batman: The Adventures Continue (2020-) Chapter #10 will be digitally released on August 13 2020 (source). No cover yet (little strange that DC switched from using a cover twice to giving each chapter a new cover). Also, very short summary without any new information:

The secret history of Batman's second Robin revealed at long last!
    I think it's a good sign when shortly after a story is released, artists start to post fanarts.

yopi

Nix

optimissie

The Robin in Harley Quinn Black + White + Red #6 doesn't get named but considering that this is the Batman: White Knight universe, it's Jason. Robin has only a few panels and a few lines, though. Not surprising since he's only a side character.

The first panel reminds me of a different comic scene with Bruce and Jason where Jason is also leaning back and observing the scene. But I can't find it.
    The third panel reminds me of a similar scene from Detective Comics #570. But there, a furious Batman punches Joker and Jason tries to stop him.

Harley Quinn Batman and Robin panel 1.jpg

Harley Quinn Batman and Robin panel 2.jpg

Harley Quinn Batman and Robin panel 3.jpg

Screenshot_2020-08-01 DCeased_DeadPlanet_2_4 jpg (WEBP Image, 666 × 1024 pixels) - Scaled (94%).jpg

So I guess Jason helped reform the Shadowpact in the apocalypse. Also from the looks of the preview Jason lost Roy again.

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/07/31/dc...dead-planet-2/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member

That's an utterly absurd thing to say. Even if Vietti didn't change a comma of Winnick's script he and his story board team would have had to conceptualise all the action pretty much from scratch. This is always true, but especially in animation, where you don't have physical environments to interact with. The directing team would have had to turn say "Rooftop knife fight" into a fully realised scene. Winnick wrote a good script, but that's no guarantee of a good film, if Vietti, Andrea Romano, the cast and the rest of the team hadn't also brought their A game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    The Robin in Harley Quinn Black + White + Red #6 doesn't get named but considering that this is the Batman: White Knight universe, it's Jason. Robin has only a few panels and a few lines, though. Not surprising since he's only a side character.

The first panel reminds me of a different comic scene with Bruce and Jason where Jason is also leaning back and observing the scene. But I can't find it.
    The third panel reminds me of a similar scene from Detective Comics #570. But there, a furious Batman punches Joker and Jason tries to stop him.

Harley Quinn Batman and Robin panel 1.jpg

Harley Quinn Batman and Robin panel 2.jpg

Harley Quinn Batman and Robin panel 3.jpg
    Maybe from issue #0 during Rebirth? There is another one in another flashback, I think, that could be what it reminds you of. But I can't remember what issue that other one was.