Page 106 of 200 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2987
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Attachment 99317

So I guess Jason helped reform the Shadowpact in the apocalypse. Also from the looks of the preview Jason lost Roy again.

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/07/31/dc...dead-planet-2/
    I'd like to be optimistic and say that Roy isn't completely down yet and that Zatanna could maybe heal him (can she do that?). On the other hand, it's Tom Taylor. Roy is dead. Tom Taylor likes to finish what he starts. There's a bitter irony if you compare the preview with the story of the first issue.

Who's the guy with the green cape?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I'd like to be optimistic and say that Roy isn't completely down yet and that Zatanna could maybe heal him (can she do that?). On the other hand, it's Tom Taylor. Roy is dead. Tom Taylor likes to finish what he starts. There's a bitter irony if you compare the preview with the story of the first issue.

Mmmm... Are all the OG Titans dead now? Or am I counting wrong?

I mean Roy seems to be pretty roasted at that point.

The guy with the green cape is Ragman, he's pretty obscure.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Danny is a new character. spoilers:
    He is Jason's older brother who joined a gang called Wolves to earn some money but died at the first job when he was their lookout, called Red Hood.
    end of spoilers

The other character you mean is probably Chris. He appeared in Batman #0 and in RHatO #25. Chris was a streetkid like Jason who wanted to escape the street life and be somebody. In both issues, Chris and Jason go separate ways in the end.

From Batman #0:

From RHatO #25 (New52 run):

Oh okay, I thought his name is Danny too

GHeroes Europe

The PreOrder for the XM Red Hood 1/6 statue will be open this coming wednesday 5th August! Be ready!

#XMStudios #XMStudiosGH #DC #RedHood

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swallowtail View Post
    That's an utterly absurd thing to say. Even if Vietti didn't change a comma of Winnick's script he and his story board team would have had to conceptualise all the action pretty much from scratch. This is always true, but especially in animation, where you don't have physical environments to interact with. The directing team would have had to turn say "Rooftop knife fight" into a fully realised scene. Winnick wrote a good script, but that's no guarantee of a good film, if Vietti, Andrea Romano, the cast and the rest of the team hadn't also brought their A game.
    I stand by what I said. The film is mainly praised by the story and the way it fixed issues from the original story. The technical level of the film is what everyone has come to expect from any Warner Animation production, there's no real standout in there, like in, let's say, Batman Ninja, that got more creative with the presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I stand by what I said. The film is mainly praised by the story and the way it fixed issues from the original story. The technical level of the film is what everyone has come to expect from any Warner Animation production, there's no real standout in there, like in, let's say, Batman Ninja, that got more creative with the presentation.
    Direction isn't only about technical features, Dark. It's also about how you represent the scene. It plays a big, big role in storytelling in animated media. Often, as far as I've seen, the director is also the screenwriter or part of the writers team. Because directors storyboard the story and that's the technical script of an animated project. They can be key animators too, because key animation is what dictates how a scene is going to look. Directors and writers work very tightly in animation. It also works the other way, I think: writer's role and involvement in how a project look is wider and bigger in animation, unless they only write the plot which I doubt's the case for Winick in Under the Red Hood.

And Under the Red Hood has some really nice choices in how it looks and feels, even if they're nothing groundbreaking or overly original. For starters, the action scenes look good and are easy to follow, same as the most dramatic scenes. I don't mean in a technical sense, which is average for western medium budged product I guess.

In my opinion, of course. I'm just a fan of animation in general.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-01-2020 at 11:56 AM.

I don't know, most of what has come out since hasn't had the same visual style. Sure the animation is typically fluid and the action is amazing, but some of the detail like that close up of Robin's eye while Joker is beating him with a crowbar or the stunning backgrounds of Gotham City as Batman and Nightwing are chasing Jason, just hasn't been there very much since. It definitely had some technical stuff that either hasn't been repeated or hasn't been repeated as often.

... and for the chase scene (and for the voice acting). Never forget the chase scene. Even after 10 years it's still good.

Batman Ninja is from 2018. I don't see how those two movies are comparable.
    Last edited by Sergard; 08-01-2020 at 12:09 PM.

... and for the chase scene (and for the voice acting). Never forget the chase scene. Even after 10 years it's still good.

Batman Ninja is from 2018. I don't see, how those two movies are comparable.
    The chase scene with Batman in the Batwing was pretty great too. And the Amazo fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    The chase scene with Batman in the Batwing was pretty great too. And the Amazo fight.
    And the bathroom without a door is iconic.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Direction isn't only about technical features, Dark. It's also about how you represent the scene. It plays a big, big role in storytelling in animated media. Often, as far as I've seen, the director is also the screenwriter or part of the writers team. Because directors storyboard the story and that's the technical script of an animated project. They can be key animators too, because key animation is what dictates how a scene is going to look. Directors and writers work very tightly in animation. It also works the other way, I think: writer's role and involvement in how a project look is wider and bigger in animation, unless they only write the plot which I doubt's the case for Winick in Under the Red Hood.

And Under the Red Hood has some really nice choices in how it looks and feels, even if they're nothing groundbreaking or overly original. For starters, the action scenes look good and are easy to follow, same as the most dramatic scenes. I don't mean in a technical sense, which is average for western medium budged product I guess.

In my opinion, of course. I'm just a fan of animation in general.
    I consider storyboard, key animation, etc. to the technical aspect of a film, be animated or live-action. And yes, it is true that directors help to give a film a distinct voice, but as yourself pointed out, Vietti is a good director but one that lacks a distinctive voice so the story becomes a more important element to help his productions to stand out. UTRH had Winnick coming back to an old script of his with more experience and a new perspective, and according to a recent interview with him, he was the one who pitched the idea to Warner Animation in the first place, so the film was essentially his baby.

Now with DITF, we know it will be well directed and animated, with pretty much the same voice cast so the only real question is the story. And was saw, Vietti doesn't have many writing credits to his name something that always makes me wary of a project.

Batman Ninja is from 2018. I don't see how those two movies are comparable.
    As it was already pointed out, URTH has great setpieces and fights but ultimately, so do the rest of the DC animated films, so it doesn't really stand out on a technical level. And in fact, that is a common criticism towards all of the recent output for DC's animated films. I mentioned batman Ninja because is the opposite of UTRH, a film with a mediocre story that is being held up for its visuals. Even discounting the fact is CG animation, the fact they used a completely different animation style for the segment with Jason earns it all the praise in that regard.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 08-01-2020 at 12:27 PM.

Red Robin for everyone!

dedene15

Dan Mora has added Batgirl to his tokusatsu-style batfamily. Red Robin is next.

I consider storyboard, key animation, etc. to the technical aspect of a film, be animated or live-action. And yes, it is true that directors help to give a film a distinct voice, but as yourself pointed out, Vietti is a good director but one that lacks a distinctive voice so the story becomes a more important element to help his productions to stand out. UTRH had Winnick coming back to an old script of his with more experience and a new perspective, and according to a recent interview with him, he was the one who pitched the idea to Warner Animation in the first place, so the film was essentially his baby.
    That's not new news - in the sneak peek over a decade ago Winnick mentioned pitching the story.

Now with DITF, we know it will be well directed and animated, with pretty much the same voice cast so the only real question is the story. And was saw, Vietti doesn't have many writing credits to his name something that always makes me wary of a project.

As it was already pointed out, URTH has great setpieces and fights but ultimately, so do the rest of the DC animated films, so it doesn't really stand out on a technical level. And in fact, that is a common criticism towards all of the recent output for DC's animated films. I mentioned batman Ninja because is the opposite of UTRH, a film with a mediocre story that is being held up for its visuals. Even discounting the fact is CG animation, the fact they used a completely different animation style for the segment with Jason earns it all the praise in that regard.
    Not really - the fight scenes sure, but as I said I find the set pieces/background to not be on the same level, and the level of detail and animation outside of the fight scenes in the newer movies haven't been on the same level. Hell, look at the gorgeously detailed lamp R'as has while talking to Batman and the bland items every where else in other movies. I really think that Under the Red Hood is technically on a higher level than just the script when compared to most of what came out since.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    And the fight with those cyborg-bad guys was some nice and clever technical wise.
    Edit: Also, also, the scene with the Joker, Jason and Bruce? How the whole scene is done, it's neat. It has some dramatic timing and framing.

Edit 2:

Dan Mora has added Batgirl to his tokusatsu-style batfamily. Red Robin is next.

Ok, now I can say that I have a new fave in that pic. That Batgirl costume is stylish as hell.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-01-2020 at 01:38 PM.