Page 596 of 613 FirstFirst ... 96496546586592593594595596597598599600606 ... LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,940 of 9194

That would be weird though for all the stuff he was building up to then be shunted into an OOC book. I can't stress enough that I'd personally be fine with that, I don't think any of his major developments/changes is worth carrying over in the long run anyway. But from a point of view of what they're allowing Bendis to do and supporting, it doesn't really make sense to me on those grounds. To me if this Jon as Superman crap was going to be pushed off another imprint, then for instance why didn't the direction of Legion see rewrites that moved away from that major plot point? It just seems weird that it would end with, "okay, all that happened, but it doesn't matter really, go here to read the what-if stuff". And further where does the in-continuity stuff go from there when everything about the book and the lore since its inception was centered around this? Or will the Legion book just be canceled after that?
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-03-2020 at 06:15 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Have any of your worst case scenarios ever come true Sacred? If not then don’t worry. I mean if Jon does take over, it’s not going to be a permanent thing. Not with Didio gone.

Some sure. Most no. Like everyone else who makes predictions and have thoughts I'm sure I'm off more often than I hit, whether its positive or negatively based. Not seeing how that's the point at all though. They're just questions about how they plan to play this all out. I do worry about the character, sure, whether its more than I should though is really my business and I don't really need anyone's permission to worry or not.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-03-2020 at 09:32 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

If you wanna bum yourself out that Jon is taking over for Clark forever, sure go ahead. Don’t see any reason to think that’s the case though, especially since Bleeding Cool has been pretty adamant that 5G as envisioned under Didio is dead. I could see Jon taking over for a brief period but even that seems uncertain. Who will write it with Bendis nearing the end of his run? Who’s chomping at the bit to write an aged up Jon Kent?

I never said I thought he was taking over forever, whether its in continuity or another imprint. So I'm not burning myself out on that, I know it wouldn't last forever either way. It wouldn't have lasted forever even if Didio stayed. Other than that I asked a couple hypothetical questions about how they planned on implementing it all if the imprint route is true, particularly how it pertains to a specific title. If that's not of interest to you or you think I'm overly a downer or whatever, that's fine.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-03-2020 at 09:47 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I think the scenario that seems to be happening is that the Bendis's Superman run ends about when Death Metal does. Basically, when 5G was supposed to start. At that point, the narrative Bendis had planned for 5G Superman will be continued in an out-of-continuity title (or imprint).
    Didn't he debunk rumor about his run ending soon?
    Although, in principle, ending after Death Metal is a logical move, judging by the announcements of all this heap of comics on Death Metal, there really is a reboot.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Although, in principle, ending after Death Metal is a logical move, judging by the announcements of all this heap of comics on Death Metal, there really is a reboot.
    He didn't debunk so much as say that it wasn't for a while, which frankly could still be true if the run ended in February or March of next year when Death Metal wraps up. Anyway, in this scenario, he wouldn't be leaving Superman behind completely, just shifting the planned 5G narrative onto another title.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Maybe Bendis continues to writer after a reboot.

I mean, it will be weird that Bendis continue writing after a good amount of his run (if not all) is retconned, but I guess it isn't imposible.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

This part right here had me grinnin', man

"I told a lot of the artists that you can either do a pin-up or a storytelling and most picked… And I thought they’d go for a pin-up. They wanted to tell a Legion story. And I was very excited about that as well."

Like, I'd have been grateful for 44 pages of Legion pin-ups. But knowing that a lot (if not a majority) of artist opted for storytelling pages makes me so happy.

I'll gladly take what is basically around 30 one page stories in 2 issues. Basically 30 something issue #1s and I couldn't be more excited.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Maybe Bendis continues to writer after a reboot.

I mean, it will be weird that Bendis continue writing after a good amount of his run (if not all) is retconned, but I guess it isn't imposible.
    Don’t think there will be a reboot. Maybe a post Infinite Crisis continuity shuffle but even that feels iffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    This part right here had me grinnin', man

"I told a lot of the artists that you can either do a pin-up or a storytelling and most picked… And I thought they’d go for a pin-up. They wanted to tell a Legion story. And I was very excited about that as well."

Like, I'd have been grateful for 44 pages of Legion pin-ups. But knowing that a lot (if not a majority) of artist opted for storytelling pages makes me so happy.

I'll gladly take what is basically around 30 one page stories in 2 issues. Basically 30 something issue #1s and I couldn't be more excited.
    Pinups were what I was expecting with the framework, but they wouldn't really let the artists stretch themselves out well for a glorified Who's Who comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Pinups were what I was expecting with the framework, but they wouldn't really let the artists stretch themselves out well for a glorified Who's Who comic.
    Exactly! I was scared because they'd have been well within their rights to go that way, and just have Bendis fill in with words around the pin-up (and a portion of it will likely be that, and that's fair). These're artist who may need to put out some pages for other books or projects, or they're just not super fast. So this was a welcomed confirmation.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Damn Doc can F%$KING draw, man. He draws one hell of a teenage Jon Kent.

He'll be doing page one of issue 7, and that's always the recap page, so looks like it'll be Jon's turn up to bat.

Pretty smart of Bendis to give Jon the recap page and have it double as a truncated personal recap page because we've followed Jon the most already.

Last edited by Superlad93; 08-04-2020 at 09:44 PM.

Shaner is amazing. I look at his artwork and I get why it takes him so long, dude puts a ton of effort into what he draws.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Damn Doc can F%$KING draw, man. He draws one hell of a teenage Jon Kent.

He'll be doing page one of issue 7, and that's always the recap page, so looks like it'll be Jon's turn up to bat.

Pretty smart of Bendis to give Jon the recap page and have it double as a truncated personal recap page because we've followed Jon the most already.

He's the best in the business, man. Glad to see great minds think alike.