Page 34 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    Babs did allude a few issues prior she has no self-control with them.
    Nightwing #79

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    How much older than Cassandra is Barbara Gordon these days?
    Hard to say since we don't really know the ages of both characters.
    Last info we have on Barbara is pre Infinte Frontier, where it is said that she is in her late 20s.

Cass is based on Batman and Robin Eternals 15-17 (she was about 19 pre flashpoint), but that was before Rebirth ad Death Metal, so no idea how valid that still is.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Hard to say since we don't really know the ages of both characters.
    Last info we have on Barbara is pre Infinte Frontier, where it is said that she is in her late 20s.

Cass is based on Batman and Robin Eternals 15-17 (she was about 19 pre flashpoint), but that was before Rebirth ad Death Metal, so no idea how valid that still is.
    Barbra (and Dick) are now both young adults, so Babs can't really have a teenage kid. The age difference between Cass and Babs seems to be about 10 years (Cass in her late teens, Babs in her late twenties).

Even Damian-Dick's relationship is now more of an older brother - younger brother, and Dick was basically Damian's father for a year (and Damian is much younger than Cass), so I guess we'll also get a similar mentor / older sister dynamic between Babs and Cass.

I just assume she and Steph are 16-18 while Babs is in her mid to late 20's now.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Barbra (and Dick) are now both young adults, so Babs can't really have a teenage kid. The age difference between Cass and Babs seems to be about 10 years (Cass in her late teens, Babs in her late twenties).

Even Damian-Dick's relationship is now more of an older brother - younger brother, and Dick was basically Damian's father for a year (and Damian is much younger than Cass), so I guess we'll also get a similar mentor / older sister dynamic between Babs and Cass.
    I think this is pretty on point. Babs adopting Cass would be weird, age-wise, so the sisterly bond works better.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just assume she and Steph are 16-18 while Babs is in her mid to late 20's now.
    Though wasn't the final arc of the last Batgirl volume having James Jr targeting women in Babs' age bracket? I seem to recall 30s to 40s was the victim range?
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Though wasn't the final arc of the last Batgirl volume having James Jr targeting women in Babs' age bracket? I seem to recall 30s to 40s was the victim range?
    If you're referring to the Cecil Castellucci run, I never read it completely so I can't say.
    (I think I quit after her second issue, about a year before the end of the run.)

I thought it was more for the physical resemblance than age-wise because she definitely didn't come off like she was in her 30's in that run.

Incredible Member

The age range was 28-35. And it also felt very weird because she wasn't portrayed as very mature in this run.
    Also, didn't the writer say the entire final arc was out of continuity because she did certain things to prepare Babs to a new status quo that never happened ?(apparently to the 5G plans that were later discarded)

Astonishing Member

The age range was 28-35. And it also felt very weird because she wasn't portrayed as very mature in this run.
    Also, didn't the writer say the entire final arc was out of continuity because she did certain things to prepare Babs to a new status quo that never happened ?(apparently to the 5G plans that were later discarded)
    She never said the entire arc was out of continuity. People just take that way, because the 5G plans were discarded.

At the end, they still find a way to connect the arc with the current situation of Barbara.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    She never said the entire arc was out of continuity. People just take that way, because the 5G plans were discarded.

At the end, they still find a way to connect the arc with the current situation of Barbara.
    It's very hard to connect the last arc of her father hunting her as Batgirl with the Joker book in which he knows she's been Batgirl for years.

Also, the writer said that she didn't talk or consult with any of the other writers when she wrote the tie-in to the Joker War event - only with her and Nightwing's editor.
    She also confirmed that there were a lot of changes that affected her writing.

I also think I read her saying that she needed to finish the arc in a specific way, and then the plans changed but her ending remained the same, but I can't find this interview now.

Incredible Member

It's very hard to connect the last arc of her father hunting her as Batgirl with the Joker book in which he knows she's been Batgirl for years.

Also, the writer said that she didn't talk or consult with any of the other writers when she wrote the tie-in to the Joker War event - only with her and Nightwing's editor.
    She also confirmed that there were a lot of changes that affected her writing.

I also think I read her saying that she needed to finish the arc in a specific way, and then the plans changed but her ending remained the same, but I can't find this interview now.
    In the second issue of The Joker, Tynion references the events of Castelluci’s run and even has Babs ask her father about him taking aim at her, with an editor’s not similarly directing readers to an issue of the run. Also, James Jr.‘s death is a driver for Gordon in The Joker, which happened during that run.

So while it may be a little awkward in execution, it is meant to be in continuity.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    How much older than Cassandra is Barbara Gordon these days?
    I doubt the age difference would be great enough for a "mother"/"daughter" situation, which would make the idea of adoption seem a bit silly and not necessary.
    In New 52 Cass was 10-12 when Dick and Babs were 16 which made her about 16 when they're 21

Moving into Rebirth, the back story were expanded from 5 years ago to 10 years ago, with Dick depicted as having been Robin since he was a preteen. Cass was still using her New 52 back story, which, since it's set during Dick's first year as Robin, should made her only 1 year younger or around the same age as Dick... but she's clearly not. She's treated like she's around Tim and Steph age.

So in Rebirth she's still 16-17 while Dick and Babs are 24

(Dick and Babs are aged 3 years just like Damian aged 3 years because their New 52 age, 21 and 10 respectively, were revealed early on in New 52 but remain stagnant during the duration of New 52... but Tim, Duke, Steph and Cass aged only 1 year because their ages were only revealed during the tail end of New 52, and the timeline details of Rebirth marked that New 52 end year as the same year as when Rebirth began... look, just go with this.)

Now, Infinite Frontier. Damian aged 1 year, meaning everyone aged 1 year. Confirmed by Dick also had his birthday, Jaime's graduating, and Jon Kent's entering college.

Now we don't know which continuity Infinite is using. I hold that they're using new continuity considering how many changes that didn't happen in either Post Crisis or New 52, but we got nothing on Cass so far, as far as I know

So for now, I just call that their current age difference is the same as before, making Dick and Babs now 25, and Cass 18.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    In New 52 Cass was 10-12 when Dick and Babs were 16 which made her about 16 when they're 21

Moving into Rebirth, the back story were expanded from 5 years ago to 10 years ago, with Dick depicted as having been Robin since he was a preteen. Cass was still using her New 52 back story, which, since it's set during Dick's first year as Robin, should made her only 1 year younger or around the same age as Dick... but she's clearly not. She's treated like she's around Tim and Steph age.

So in Rebirth she's still 16-17 while Dick and Babs are 24

(Dick and Babs are aged 3 years just like Damian aged 3 years because their New 52 age, 21 and 10 respectively, were revealed early on in New 52 but remain stagnant during the duration of New 52... but Tim, Duke, Steph and Cass aged only 1 year because their ages were only revealed during the tail end of New 52, and the timeline details of Rebirth marked that New 52 end year as the same year as when Rebirth began... look, just go with this.)

Now, Infinite Frontier. Damian aged 1 year, meaning everyone aged 1 year. Confirmed by Dick also had his birthday, Jaime's graduating, and Jon Kent's entering college.

Now we don't know which continuity Infinite is using. I hold that they're using new continuity considering how many changes that didn't happen in either Post Crisis or New 52, but we got nothing on Cass so far, as far as I know

So for now, I just call that their current age difference is the same as before, making Dick and Babs now 25, and Cass 18.
    I imagine Dick and Babs are slightly older than that, if only to give time for Jason to be adopted, be Robin, die, have Tim replace him as Robin, and come back to life older all before Damian shows up at 10 years old.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I imagine Dick and Babs are slightly older than that, if only to give time for Jason to be adopted, be Robin, die, have Tim replace him as Robin, and come back to life older all before Damian shows up at 10 years old.
    The problem isn't Dick and Babs age, but Tim's age. Keeping them teenagers while aging up Damian shorten their era.