Page 44 of 172 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Bautista said that working for Disney is "nauseating" and Guardians without Gunn is not what he signed up for. He'll continue to play Drax out of contractual obligation.

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/08/da...ey-1201991357/

Pretty seething from Bautista.
    This kinda reminds me of Hugo Weaving's comments about returning to play the Red Skull.

“I [signed a multi-picture deal] for Captain America. I think the tendency, with those films, would be to probably not bring a villain back. […] And it’s not something I would want to do again. I’m glad I did it. I did sign up for a number of pictures and I suppose, contractually, I would be obliged to, if they forced me to, but they wouldn’t want to force someone to do it, if they didn’t want to. I think I’ve done my dash with that sort of film.”

IMO this set a precedent: yes Disney has the law on their side (signed contracts) but they wouldn't force the actor to do it if they're miserable/hate the experience/whatever the case may be. It doesn't seem to be a case of "Well you'll do it whether you like it or not dammit!" or else we would have gotten Weaving in IW instead of a stand-in.

Bautista is looking at it from the contract side but if he said I'm done I doubt Disney would fight him much on it, if at all.

BANNED

Sounds like Bautista is trying to piss-off Disney to get him out of his contract.
    He is insulting Disney and he is making it uncomfortable for the next director to work with him.

My new cast
    Channing Tatum................StarLord
    Rihanna............................Gamora
    Dwayne Johnson................Drax
    Last edited by Raiders; 08-06-2018 at 10:14 AM.

Astonishing Member

James Gunn getting fired for rape and pedophilla tweets brought to attention by a person who’s made way worse rape and pedophilla tweets(and has actually been accused of rape though not convicted) is just about one of the most strangest stories of 2018 for me. I mean it’s weird enough that the current president of the United States is still in office after a major infidelity scandal that would’ve singlehandily destroyed his predecessors presidency in an instant. Sorry getting political but I just have to point out what strange times we’re living in.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    This kinda reminds me of Hugo Weaving's comments about returning to play the Red Skull.

“I [signed a multi-picture deal] for Captain America. I think the tendency, with those films, would be to probably not bring a villain back. […] And it’s not something I would want to do again. I’m glad I did it. I did sign up for a number of pictures and I suppose, contractually, I would be obliged to, if they forced me to, but they wouldn’t want to force someone to do it, if they didn’t want to. I think I’ve done my dash with that sort of film.”

IMO this set a precedent: yes Disney has the law on their side (signed contracts) but they wouldn't force the actor to do it if they're miserable/hate the experience/whatever the case may be. It doesn't seem to be a case of "Well you'll do it whether you like it or not dammit!" or else we would have gotten Weaving in IW instead of a stand-in.

Bautista is looking at it from the contract side but if he said I'm done I doubt Disney would fight him much on it, if at all.
    It’s a pretty strong and (in my view at least) fairly admirable stand from Bautista. The Weaving comparison is interesting. The contrast is interesting too: Weaving’s had a lengthy and successful career as an actor, and his role as the Red Skull is a pretty minor feature in that career. (Hell, I actually preferred Scott Paulin’s Skull ) Bautista’s had supporting roles in Blade Runner 2049 and in Spectre, but there’s no doubt that Drax is a pretty massive role for him and is by some distance the most important (so far) acting role in his career.
    Last edited by Coin Biter; 08-06-2018 at 01:23 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

IMO this set a precedent: yes Disney has the law on their side (signed contracts) but they wouldn't force the actor to do it if they're miserable/hate the experience/whatever the case may be. It doesn't seem to be a case of "Well you'll do it whether you like it or not dammit!"...
    But they sure made an exception for Natalie Portman who really did not want to be involved with Thor 2.

BANNED

Hope Dwayne Johnson become the new Drax

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    But they sure made an exception for Natalie Portman who really did not want to be involved with Thor 2.
    They actually tried to keep her happy by getting Pattie Jenkins on her recommendation to direct Dark World but then they booted her which made it worse. In any case they let her walk away from the third one, which is kinda weak when the previous film was all about saving her just for their relationship to turn into one dismissive line in Ragnarok.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    They actually tried to keep her happy by getting Pattie Jenkins on her recommendation to direct Dark World but then they booted her which made it worse. In any case they let her walk away from the third one, which is kinda weak when the previous film was all about saving her just for their relationship to turn into one dismissive line in Ragnarok.
    Don't forget the second dismissive line in Avengers 2

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Bautista said that working for Disney is "nauseating" and Guardians without Gunn is not what he signed up for. He'll continue to play Drax out of contractual obligation.

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/08/da...ey-1201991357/

Pretty seething from Bautista.
    His character died in Infinity War though, did he drop some major spoilers?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Yes, everyone is totally spoiled by the notion that all the people who were dusted in Infinity War might not actually be dead by the end of Avengers 4.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Still hoping that Disney gets some sense into them and changes their mind on this.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Nothing that Gunn himself hasn't said before.

Finally got around to reading the actual tweet. I'm probably missing some context for al of them because all the articles I've read about this do a terrible job of explaining and seem to assume I already know exactly what's going on.

That being said from the tweets alone there is zero chance Disney does anything with Gunn in the near future.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    Which most really annoy Marvel because it makes it that much harder to make Jane wield the hammer. They will probably move on to Thor Girl. Who would be a better fit for the movies anyway. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_Girl
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

I'm happy that Batista is taking a stand though.

He's always been a very, very opinionated guy.

I always like to see people take firm positions for what they believe in.