Page 215 of 313 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    I don't think that's fair. Bruce was with Dick when he was shot, Damian and Bruce were together when Ric woke up and revealed he didn't remember anything and when Bruce was showing Ric to the cave Damian was there and the dialogue tells us Bruce and Damian had talked about the plan to show Ric the cave before hand off screen. We haven't seen it, but is difficult to see how it would even be physically possible for Batman to have avoided dealing with Damian's reaction to the Dick shooting until now.
    "This shows how terrible father Bruce is too, he wasn't by Damian side even one time 'after' bad things 'that could not be fixed" happened."

I fixed it ('@w@)/

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    * About being by Damian side, I talk in a way that is not just fisic. Like Bruce was with Damian in Alfred's funeral too but just made Damian feel more alone and guilt.

I don't fell that Bruce is by Damian side when Dick lost his memory, Bruce was there when he believed Dick was going to get normal, but not after his plain doesn't work. When Bruce need to deal with feelings he just disappears : / hope problems to solve themselves, comeback when all blow up and try to resolve in his worst way possible < /3

Maybe because all the comic's universe works age is a strange way is hard to have a sense what is more or less normal, but "holding Damian's hand for ever" is not close of what I am saying.

"Comfort" is the word I was looking for, Batman can't say "I am here" "Things are going to be all right", "Sorry" "we are going to pass this together" "it's not your fault".

*at least "I am here" would be nice... don't need the other prhases... touching his son's shoulder would be nice... don't being in silence when Damian said Alfred death was his fault would be nice...

I am not crazy, right? I am being pretty reasonable u-u/
    I'm not saying Bruce definitely dealt with it as well as he can and should have, but dealing with the Ric situation is something Damian and Bruce did together, at least to a point.

I'm not saying Bruce definitely dealt with it as well as he can and should have, but dealing with the Ric situation is something Damian and Bruce did together, at least to a point.
    hum... We are going to desagree about this because you count the hospital and batcave fact like being relevant, and for me it was almost nothing.
    I am clearly several with Bruce as a father ('==)/

BANNED

Damian is a complicated character in that if he is portrayed as a carefree adventurer it is disliked by the fans who want him to be a cold hearted taskmaster like Bruce but push too far into the opposite direction and he will be demonized as a cold sociopathic killer who lacks empathy and has something like basic decency missing in his character due to being raised by assasins. It's a tough act to balance both these sides in a manner that it is balanced portrayal of the contrary sides of his personality to both factions satisfaction.

The climax of this story sound less and less interesting as it goes on, wich is a pity, when Glass started his run i actually thougth that it was interesting, probably the best that the book has ever been since J.T Krul run right before the reboot. But since Terminus Agenda the quality dropped, now i'm just yawning througth most of these issues.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Look I don’t care if it makes me look like I’m in denial I still don’t buy it. Now do I believe that Damian and Bruce will be on the out? Definitely, Bruce didn’t look happy about the villain jail and they’ve been having problems since No Justice and the Death of Alfred. But here is the thing I will always go back to and it’s no matter how many times he has said he’s killed, we haven’t seen it.

You want me to believe Damian’s gone rogue you need to actually show me, not just have him say he did it. Even the aggressive tactic on KGBeast doesn’t sell it because he only cut off the only non-human flesh part of his body. It’s like a zombie movie, if I don’t see a dead body then the missing character could be alive, if I don’t see proof Damian actually killed anyone I’m going to assume it’s a bluff.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Look I don’t care if it makes me look like I’m in denial I still don’t buy it. Now do I believe that Damian and Bruce will be on the out? Definitely, Bruce didn’t look happy about the villain jail and they’ve been having problems since No Justice and the Death of Alfred. But here is the thing I will always go back to and it’s no matter how many times he has said he’s killed, we haven’t seen it.

You want me to believe Damian’s gone rogue you need to actually show me, not just have him say he did it. Even the aggressive tactic on KGBeast doesn’t sell it because he only cut off the only non-human flesh part of his body. It’s like a zombie movie, if I don’t see a dead body then the missing character could be alive, if I don’t see proof Damian actually killed anyone I’m going to assume it’s a bluff.
    This makes looks like you are in denial, but I read this and now I am agreeing with all you said. X'D

Yesss, it can be a realy well done bluff, I forgot the theory of Damian didn't kill blood brother but making looks like he did, I would love if Bruce says he discovered it instead of do what he did with Jason about Penguin...

I think considering all that happened to Damian since the new TT he killing again is logical, but, now, he maybe didn't and would be the begin of things getting better again. Now I imagined so many happy possibilities.

My only problem is that comics many times just jump important scenes, like how the new TT coming together, sometimes there is no good explanations of past and mehh
    Last edited by Rebeca Armus; 08-19-2020 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

I also start to be more suspicious after Nick didn't died in Avengers, the "I drunk a medicine that make me looks dead for 20 minutes with all hospital equipments not being able to detect" make me angry, and I like Nick, but this excuse is so annoying.
    But in Damian's case would be a really good bluuf, would be like a zombie saying he ate someone, but after he revels he never was a zombie and didn't killed anyone. Look this plot twist!

I don't think that's fair. Bruce was with Dick when he was shot, Damian and Bruce were together when Ric woke up and revealed he didn't remember anything and when Bruce was showing Ric to the cave Damian was there and the dialogue tells us Bruce and Damian had talked about the plan to show Ric the cave before hand off screen. We haven't seen it, but is difficult to see how it would even be physically possible for Batman to have avoided dealing with Damian's reaction to the Dick shooting until now.
    Because it's Dick we are talking about.....

All of this is soooo frustrating.... Even if things go well and then DC reboots the universe... What's the point? And it is so tiring to wait a whole month to get 24 pages, with minor plot development and a "teasing" ending. This situation of everybody pointing out Damian's mistakes while forgetting his origin is completely Illogical. Also, I feel like they REALLY tried to give Tim the Robin mantle back which is infuriating. We are in a dead end as far as Damian is concerned. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    All of this is soooo frustrating.... Even if things go well and then DC reboots the universe... What's the point? And it is so tiring to wait a whole month to get 24 pages, with minor plot development and a "teasing" ending. This situation of everybody pointing out Damian's mistakes while forgetting his origin is completely Illogical. Also, I feel like they REALLY tried to give Tim the Robin mantle back which is infuriating. We are in a dead end as far as Damian is concerned. I can't wait to see what happens next.
    Honestly, I don't think Tim will recover the Robin mantle.

In Nightwing #73, it seems Tim is still using the Drake name while using the Robin suit.

I suspect Tim using the Robin suit in Joker War is mistake that they can't correct. Similar to Barbara using the Burnside Batgirl suit in Death Metal.

Spectacular Member

I really have to agree, I don't seriously think Damian is going to give up being Robin permanently, and certainly not so that Tim can take the mantle back. I like Tim, but the time when he worked as Robin has passed, and Damian is a character that resonates with a lot of readers and there are writers at the company interested in telling stories with him. With Tim, it seems like you have just Bendis and Tynion keeping the character on life support.

Reading Glass' Teen Titans, it really seems like he doesn't particularly care for Damian's character with how often he makes him look like an unrepentant, unlikeable ******* who is always in the wrong and doesn't have any points to make that could possibly convince the reader of his perspective. I feel as though the title has been spinning its wheels for a few chapters leading up to his inevitable confrontation with Batman.

Still not convinced Damian has killed either. Why have they been so wishy-washy about outright saying it? Why don't they just show us that he killed Brother Blood if he did so? It's not like they tried to hide Damian's kills in the past. Why did was it Brother Blood that made him snap, and not KGBeast who has been running around for like a year after shooting Nightwing? If he was going to go after the guy, why wasn't it sooner?

I should probably get off this tangent and just chalk it up to bad writing for my own sanity.

Astonishing Member

Why don't they just show us that he killed Brother Blood if he did so?
    I might be wrong, but if they don't show this scene (or at least the corpse) in the next issue, then it could mean that Thompson leaves the opportunity to undo the fact that Damian committed the murder. And this, in principle, makes sense, because Annual is the last comic with Damian in the TT, then Tomasi writes his storyline. Most likely, the final decision will be made by Bat-office, for this reason nothing is confirmed here for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    The climax of this story sound less and less interesting as it goes on, wich is a pity, when Glass started his run i actually thougth that it was interesting, probably the best that the book has ever been since J.T Krul run right before the reboot. But since Terminus Agenda the quality dropped, now i'm just yawning througth most of these issues.
    I too liked this run much more at the start. To be honest I was enjoying it up to the part when they went to hell but then it fell apart.

I don't have an issue with Damian venturing down a dark path. Making mistakes and being challenged is a necessary for growth and can be interesting.

It just started to feel less believable and I found myself questioning the character's motivation. Damian's and the team's. Not to mention that the whole team is always so aggressive and bickering. They've never felt like a team.

It just got too much. so much negative energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Honestly, I don't think Tim will recover the Robin mantle.

In Nightwing #73, it seems Tim is still using the Drake name while using the Robin suit.

I suspect Tim using the Robin suit in Joker War is mistake that they can't correct. Similar to Barbara using the Burnside Batgirl suit in Death Metal.
    I think Tynion really wants Tim to be Robin and with Synder's power backing him he is trying to make Tim Robin since he got the Batman gig.

However like the 3 Batgirl's thing we saw in Joker War and like the Jarro Robin thing in Synder's JL it's just going to be shared and not official.

If DC doesn't know what else to do with Tim then might as well have back as another Robin. Sure it doesn't fix the problem but it'll put a band aid on it and make some disgruntled fans happy.

For a while at least.