Incredible Member

Default Timescale for x of swords

When does this happen in conjunction with regular books. I know covid messed everything up. Does x of swords happen after mikhail Rasputin, is that right?, took the cerabro blade or not.

Fantastic Member

Yes, it is after all of the regular books, so the issues that are chapters of x of swords come up at the right time in the books. The mikhail stuff and beast arresting Colossus was stated by the editor as a reason Colossus isn't in X of swords.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    Yes, it is after all of the regular books, so the issues that are chapters of x of swords come up at the right time in the books. The mikhail stuff and beast arresting Colossus was stated by the editor as a reason Colossus isn't in X of swords.
    THANKS. That discards one of my theories....

Yeah, I think the only part of the books that takes places after XoS is that last part of X-Men #5 when Cyclops and Xavier notice that Wolverine, Darwin and Synch come out of the Vault.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Yeah, I think the only part of the books that takes places after XoS is that last part of X-Men #5 when Cyclops and Xavier notice that Wolverine, Darwin and Synch come out of the Vault.
    That never happens.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That never happens.
    Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 9.05.00.jpg

"Much later"

Map of Ecuador, with a circle over a specific part.

Xavier saying how much time has passed.

Yeah, I know. Scott just asks how much time would've past for the team and realizes he fucked up.
    "Cable was right!"

Yeah, I know. Scott just asks how much time would've past for the team and realizes he fucked up.
    Yeah, but they are showing that specific moment in time because that's when Cerebro picks them up again, or at least one of them.

There's no indication the three left the vault. It's just a scene to tell the reader that by the end of the book the trio of them have been trapped for 500 - 600 years.
    "Cable was right!"

There's no indication the three left the vault. It's just a scene to tell the reader that by the end of the book the trio of them have been trapped for 500 - 600 years.
    Yeah there is, it's the map of Ecuador with the circle pointing out where they are. Why else would they have this conversation there? Why would Cyclops just randomly ask how much time has passed if nothing has changed? We also know that this takes place in the future because in X-Men #5 Storm gets infected, and she only has a month to live. If three months had really passed, then she would already be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Yeah there is, it's the map of Ecuador with the circle pointing out where they are. Why else would they have this conversation there? Why would Cyclops just randomly ask how much time has passed if nothing has changed? We also know that this takes place in the future because in X-Men #5 Storm gets infected, and she only has a month to live. If three months had really passed, then she would already be dead.
    He went to Xavier for a periodic check up on the matter, and from a writing perspective, it is way to inform the reader that something went wrong and they've been stuck there for long time; if it was meant to illustrate they were finally back, it would have ended with Cyclops saying something to that effect rather then self recrimination.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    He went to Xavier for a periodic check up on the matter, and from a writing perspective, it is way to inform the reader that something went wrong and they've been stuck there for long time; if it was meant to illustrate they were finally back, it would have ended with Cyclops saying something to that effect rather then self recrimination.
    I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I am pretty confident something triggered this conversation (that something being, at least one of them comes out, or the vault opened). The first panel shows both of them looking at the point highlighted in the map as if something had just happened.

Incredible Member

The scene where Wolverine brings Jean Grey to interrogate Colossus and Omega Red either happens somewhere behind the scenes of X of Swords or by the solicitations, after it.