Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Finches Introduce Pre-New 52 Character in "Wonder Woman" #37

In the second issue of their "Wonder Woman" run, the creative team of Meredith and David Finch have introduced a pre-New 52 character to their storyline.

Full article here.

Hmm, i'm might have to read wonder woman again. i was a huge wonder woman fan, then the new 52 happen and i stopped. now i have a reason to read again
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

One page in and she's already bent forward showing massive cleavage.

You keep bein' you, DC.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    One page in and she's already bent forward showing massive cleavage.

You keep bein' you, DC.
    Blame female anatomy.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

Great news! Next i'd like to see Wonder Girl thrown into the mix. After three years the two characters should be in each other's orbit more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    Blame female anatomy.
    or penciller that doesn't know how to draw female anatomy or went for cheesecake.

So one more victim of new 52.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    or penciller that doesn't know how to draw female anatomy or went for cheesecake.

When has David Finch not gone cheesecake?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post

We have reached a point where people will really complain about anything. If that is cheesecake, I don't see it. That's like saying a naked Arnold from T2 is cheesecake for the simple fact he has muscles and is naked. There is nothing to complain about here.

It is a completely neutral pose of a naked woman rising from a cauldron. I see absolutely no liberties taken to make it cheesecake or sexual in any way. There is absolutely nothing sexually suggestive about it.
    Last edited by randomengine; 12-17-2014 at 09:17 AM.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

Ultimate Member

It's more about DF feeling the need to give her Power-Girl levels of bust size that annoys me. The pose, I'm fine with that (it's a "rise" type of deal after all).

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It's more about DF feeling the need to give her Power-Girl levels of bust size that annoys me. The pose, I'm fine with that (it's a "rise" type of deal after all).
    I am pretty sure that is how David Finch draws all of his women. Why get annoyed at someone for drawing as they normally draw? That's like getting annoyed at Frank Cho for drawing curvy women. I have personally seen Frank draw women who are supposed to be somewhat lithe as curvy and voluptuous. We should encourage artists to embrace their own personal sensibilities and not brow-beat them to conform to how we feel they should draw characters.
    Last edited by randomengine; 12-17-2014 at 09:29 AM.
    Pull List

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

As much as I've missed Donna in the DCnU, I can't muster up much excitement for this.

After #36, I have almost zero faith in the Finches to pull this off in any manner that might satisfy older fans...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

I am pretty sure that is how David Finch draws all of his women. Why get annoyed at someone for drawing as they normally draw? That's like getting annoyed at Frank Cho for drawing curvy women. I have personally seen Frank draw women who are supposed to be somewhat lithe as curvy and voluptuous. We should encourage artists to embrace their own personal sensibilities and not brow-beat them to conform to how we feel they should draw characters.
    No, not really. When it's one of the most overused elements in comics, then I have no problem complaining about it. By that standard, no one should ever complain about Greg Land's terrible art. "It's just his sensibilities" after all. And not every character needs a massive chest, that's something that a lot of artists seem to not get, and I'm tired of it.

This is the exact same argument that people made about the Milo Manara Spider-Woman cover, and it's still wrong. The problem here is not David Finch. The problem is that DC chose to hire David Finch to draw their most iconic female character, when he has a known tendency to draw women in exploitative ways.

Its just because she's naked. And what's the deal with that, as she's essentially being born here, and we all know that females are born fully clothed, am I rite?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its just because she's naked. And what's the deal with that, as she's essentially being born here, and we all know that females are born fully clothed, am I rite?
    Yep of course females are born clothed and yeah there's absolute no precedent for Donna be drawn top heavy since she was b cup before.