Page 75 of 126 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1885

I can't wait to see Orana again

This work is as epic as any story you’ll read from a comics publisher. In some ways, it reminded me of Darren Aronofsky and Kent Williams’s graphic novel The Fountain, as its painterly quality and mesmerizing visuals will have you lingering on every page. It’s a work that’ll have you soaking in the smallest bush, panel, or antler rendered amongst a plethora of panels that feel visionary. It may be the greatest representation of gods in modern comics I’ve seen, giving each god a stunning moment to capture your awe and attention.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/11/30/wo...zons-1-review/

Kelly Sue is mining deep into they mythology of these characters, and portraying them more like they were in the myths, as opposed to the benevolent beings who are only used sparingly in the WW mythos, or straight up nemeses, or used as plot devices to create conflict or in need of rescuing, and it’s much applauded. It’s absolutely epic from cover to cover, and the art by Jimenez might be career defining.
    https://comic-watch.com/comic-book-r...thing-for-love
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Ugh. I have to wait til this evening to go pick it up. Normally I'd get digital but this one requires physical copy I'd imagine.

Good lord, my eyes got a workout following Jimenez's art.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Ugh. I have to wait til this evening to go pick it up. Normally I'd get digital but this one requires physical copy I'd imagine.
    I got digital and picking up physical copy as well. You will not be disappointed. It’s EPIC!

This will definitely require multiple readings in order to take it all in. So many details! This was obviously a labor of love!

Oh God
    There's no words for this beauty.
    Last edited by Sebastianne; 11-30-2021 at 09:38 AM.

This is one of those books that you need to buy the physical version. I will 100% buy the TPB of this.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    I got digital and picking up physical copy as well. You will not be disappointed. It’s EPIC!

This will definitely require multiple readings in order to take it all in. So many details! This was obviously a labor of love!
    I got both also. I'm usually digital exclusive but yeah digital does not do this book as much justice as the physical copy.

if reading digital i recommend using the 'break down by panel' option and abusing the zoom in feature at every opportunity

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Just got done reading my copy.

Definitely the best Wonder Woman-related comic in recent memory. It was gorgeous from start to finish.

The only small downside is that Hermes appears to be lumped in with the rest of the male Gods as being villains. I say "appears" because he's never actually shown throwing down with a goddess or hurling insults, so hopefully he ends up siding with them in book 3.

It will suck not to have Jimenez doing the whole thing, but I'm still invested enough for the rest of the books and am still excited to see what Gene Ha and especially Nicola Scott bring to the table

Hippolyta is metal, holy-sh*t.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    This is one of those books that you need to buy the physical version. I will 100% buy the TPB of this.
    Same. This is incredible.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

spoilers:
    I guess the soul of the infant is being kept by Hera and will be reincarnated into Diana later on.

I wonder if Hera's grand plan is about Hippolyta and the seventh tribe likely being built around her, or if it's even further ahead and pertains to Diana?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    spoilers:
    I guess the soul of the infant is being kept by Hera and will be reincarnated into Diana later on.

I wonder if Hera's grand plan is about Hippolyta and the seventh tribe likely being built around her, or if it's even further ahead and pertains to Diana?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I thought that has to be Diana though they could be setting us for a swerve.
    end of spoilers