Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

I'll update the original post but will leave out the solicitations to make it look cleaner.

I wonder if Marvel will reveal some female led books today considering it’s International Women’s Day.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I wonder if Marvel will reveal some female led books today considering it’s International Women’s Day.
    Ooh you have a point. Fingers crossed

I'm very concerned with the lack of female led books right now so I hope this is the case

BANNED

That would be cool. At the very least, I'd like to finally find out who's writing Jessica Jones!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    That would be cool. At the very least, I'd like to finally find out who's writing Jessica Jones!
    Oder Miles Morales Spider-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Today would be the best day to announce that considering the release of season 2!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Oder Miles Morales Spider-Man?
    I don't know if that would be a big International Women's Day announcement but if they tell us today about Miles' book, hey, I won't complain!

I'm sticking to my guess that it's Christopher Priest on Miles but as my guesses on Deadpool's new writer were SO off, I'm sure I'm wrong about this too!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Erika Alexander from the Cosby Show is sitting out there. Concrete park won some awards.
    Tee Ferguson is out there too with her book Bingo Love a top seller in LGBT on Amazon.

Marvel is OWNED by Disney-right? Who air Side Chick AKA Scandal, Grey's Anatomy & Blackish. I am SURE they can offer names of black female writers.

Also some of those YA folks are chosen for a reason and it's not SJW or Political this or PC Culture that. It is because they are NAMES in that industry and will make it EASIER to get those books into schools. Because the folks who do the BUYING of the books are not comic book nerds. Bendis and Johns and Al Ewing mean NOTHING to them. Jason Reynolds and the guy writing New Superman and Gabby Rivera are known to them.

There is a reason Jason Reynolds's Miles Morales novel is a best seller and New York Times best seller. I am reading that book and he has done a better JOB with Miles than Bendis has in 7 years. He gives that human side that is missing from Miles.

So while it annoys comic book fans-its serving the purpose for noncomic book fans.

It does get to a point of can there be a way to merge both sides and win?
    Speaking to female black writers; I don't know if I misunderstood the point, but just to clarify, I am well aware that there is most likely a plethora of black female writers. I was simply stating that I don't know who they are because
    A) My indie knowledge is limited as I only read a handful of indie books because theres so many and
    B) I don't keep up with what my comicbook authors and artists look like. I didn't even know oliver coipel was black until like a year or two ago and he's one of my favorites.

Speaking towards the YA creative, I get that marvel is trying to expand its audience in different areas, an I actually applaud them for that. Squirrel Girl and Moon Girl are clearly not books for me, or mainstream comic audiences, obviously, based on floppy sales, but Squirrel Girl iirc made it on the NYBS list and moon girl has been a big scholastic hit. And with Jason Reynolds, as well as whoever wrote that red widow book, those don't count because they're novelists writing novels. They're in their comfort zone.

However, those books are obviously geared towards a different audience. When you have a book like Captain Marvel, with a character Marvel has been trying to put over on fans since the end of the KSD run, its obviously supposed to appeal to mainstream audiences, but its not.

Mighty Member

Everyone had their sights on David Walker for Miles, but he dropped Marvel so I wonder who they'll pick up.

Honestly, I'll be glad with almost anyone, as I've been dying to read a miles book I can actually enjoy because he has so much potential (even if I think he needs to go back to the ultimate universe...)

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Would certainly be a better approach in comparison to last year after making Emma go bad because of her man's death.

If only we could get a FF book....

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    If only we could get a FF book....
    Late 2018 or early 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I'll update the original post but will leave out the solicitations to make it look cleaner.
    Welcome back, Captain M!

Edited : automatic correction...
    Last edited by Abe; 03-08-2018 at 06:56 AM.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Welcome black, Captain M!
    Hey! Thank you.