Page 210 of 233 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3484

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Is Hal always doomed to never settle down and have a kid like his JUstice League companions have?
    i really hope someone picks up goeff's final story where hal and carol had a son named martin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i really hope someone picks up goeff's final story where hal and carol had a son named martin.
    I think there are actually a bunch of places to go in Geoff's lore.
    Those Books of OA, Books of Dark and stuff are never really explained.
    Also in Sam Humpheries Green Lanterns, there is a new lantern beast for Red Lantern.
    I actually think there are more to explore in that mythology.

Random thought, but I wonder if Hal might show up in the new Flash book.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Random thought, but I wonder if Hal might show up in the new Flash book.
    He's more likely to appear in a Green Arrow book.

Sharp just posted the last cover of The Green Lantern on his Instagram. It's great.

129715865_222121009310385_8615072271394969432_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I find this attempt to settle down Hal fan anxiety ironic considering how some John fans react to almost any less than stellar treatment as "a biased agenda to keep him down and take advantage of his fans!"
    I can't speak for other fans, all I can say is that if I'm looking at things objectively, Hal has been treated pretty damn well the past 15 years, so the idea that there's some malicious force at DC out to destroy him at the expense of the other Lanterns just because a new writer prefers others is, to me at least, jumping the gun and making a mountain out of a molehill.

As I said in another thread, if this were the 90s and the fandom had just gone through Parallax, yeah, I could get the anxiety, but Hal's been living pretty high on the hog for close to two decades now. It's clear DC loves the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Sharp just posted the last cover of The Green Lantern on his Instagram. It's great.

129715865_222121009310385_8615072271394969432_n.jpg
    The devil-looking alien and red/orange color job makes it look like Hal just conquered Hell.

Johnny Blaze, eat your heart out.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-07-2020 at 01:54 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I can't speak for other fans, all I can say is that if I'm looking at things objectively, Hal has been treated pretty damn well the past 15 years, so the idea that there's some malicious force at DC out to destroy him at the expense of the other Lanterns just because a new writer prefers others is, to me at least, jumping the gun and making a mountain out of a molehill.

As I said in another thread, if this were the 90s and the fandom had just gone through Parallax, yeah, I could get the anxiety, but Hal's been living pretty high on the hog for close to two decades now. It's clear DC loves the character.
    Well it's the first time a writer publicly show his disdain for a character of course the fans would react negatively.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Who are you talking about who thinks, "that there's some malicious force at DC out to destroy him?" Who said that? That sounds more like the John Stewart thread. The newly announced Green Lantern writer has made comments trashing Hal - that's bound to get a reaction. That's it, and doesn't sound unreasonable to me. It's funny how some, including Redjack are acting as though there's some huge, crazy overreaction from Hal fans. Why come to the Hal Jordan thread to moderate fans' reactions? John fans indulge in all sorts of conspiracies and sour grapes all the time, making mountains out of molehills, as you say - do you feel a need to moderate their responses in the John Stewart thread as well?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-07-2020 at 01:47 PM.

Who are you talking about who thinks, "that there's some malicious force at DC out to destroy him?" Who said that? That sounds more like the John Stewart thread. The newly announced Green Lantern writer has made comments trashing Hal - that's bound to get a reaction. That's it, and doesn't sound unreasonable to me. It's funny how some, including Redjack are acting as though there's some huge, crazy overreaction from Hal fans. Why come to the Hal Jordan thread to moderate fans' reactions? John fans indulge in all sorts of conspiracies and sour grapes all the time, making mountains out of molehills, as you say - do you feel a need to moderate their responses in the John Stewart thread as well?
    This is exactly what I mean. Nobody is regulating you. As for whether or not I call out similar sentiment in other threads, I do, and as I said, I get yelled at and on one occasion was accused of being a false flag operator who secretly hates John. I find that general type of paranoia silly no matter where it's coming from.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Is Hal always doomed to never settle down and have a kid like his JUstice League companions have?
    Only if you assume that not "settling down" is somehow necessarily tantamount to being doomed and is some universal moral law that everyone must adhere to. I like the fact that Hal doesn't settle down and I don't see it as a sign of "immaturity". Our view of marriage as the sole lender of legitimacy to relationships is not some universal law that needs to be abided by (nor is it some "natural law"). Sorry if I'm being harsh in my tone but I see plenty of comic book fans regurgitate this opinion and it's incredibly frustrating to see not being married or in a monogamous relationship being necessarily portrayed as some kind of character defect or shortcoming. There are plenty of other ways of conceiving loving, caring and meaningful relationships.
    Last edited by Mutatis_Mutandis; 12-07-2020 at 04:01 PM.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

I agree. But anyway, I'm not invested in the corporate property called "Green Lantern", nor am I particularly fond of cape comics. I have an emotional attachment to the character of Hal Jordan and I like Grant Morrison as an author which is why I've been checking out the current GL books. So this will probably be a good time as any to get off again. Also, I don't usually do this (and I don't claim to have a greater authenticity or whatever by mentioning this) but as a brown trans woman from the so-called third world, Hal Jordan has been a pretty big source of inspiration to me. Not that it's a big deal but for what it's worth, just my two cents. It's been a good ride.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    I agree. But anyway, I'm not invested in the corporate property called "Green Lantern", nor am I particularly fond of cape comics. I have an emotional attachment to the character of Hal Jordan and I like Grant Morrison as an author which is why I've been checking out the current GL books. So this will probably be a good time as any to get off again. Also, I don't usually do this (and I don't claim to have a greater authenticity or whatever by mentioning this) but as a brown trans woman from the so-called third world, Hal Jordan has been a pretty big source of inspiration to me. Not that it's a big deal but for what it's worth, just my two cents. It's been a good ride.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    People here will freak out about this, but I honestly would love to see Tom King write a story about Hal & Carol finally getting married and having Martin. I think that is exactly the type of Hal GL story King would do great on.