Page 104 of 109 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1634
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Wow, that's awesome, I'd love to see the finished article because it's spectacular. I really enjoyed that era of Polaris, and she served some looks in the 90s!
    Yeah, RB always does a wonderful job with the X-Men IMO. That era of X-Factor had some nice moments for Lorna, and it was nice to see writers trying to do something with the character, and flesh out her personality. I also quite like the curls Lorna often had, and I'm happy to see them included here.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    RB Silva did a commission not too long ago, of the 90s X-Men squads and Excalibur. Now he's moved on to the other satellite titles, Generation X, New Mutants, and X-Factor. With Polaris front and center of X-Factor's section.

Nitpicky but if hats supposed to be the 90s, New Mutants really shouldnt be there, especially not an image representing the Illyana era. X-Force would have been more fitting

Glad that Lorna is up front, not glad that it's 90s X-Factor.

Marvel, or at least X-Men, has a problem. Their nostalgia trumps all. There's no real understanding between "This is a thing that happened that was good for its time but we need to move forward" and "This is timeless and we need to copy it constantly." Of what I understand, for its time, 90s X-Factor was good. It took a character that Claremont had thoroughly savaged, started to repair some of the damage, and gave her a bit more of a voice. It wasn't the end point. Just the start. Unfortunately, some people out there (not thinking of anyone here) see that time period as the final say. In much the same way others think Claremont's treatment of her was the final say. And still others may think it stops at Austen.

The reality is that the best, most accurate version of Lorna hasn't been made yet. No writer has properly captured Lorna's life experiences, what effect they had on her, and the ideals and philosophies she would hold as a result. Same goes for her powers and how she might use them. We have fragments that get acknowledged and used completely at random. That's pretty much it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nitpicky but if hats supposed to be the 90s, New Mutants really shouldnt be there, especially not an image representing the Illyana era. X-Force would have been more fitting
    Yeah, X-Force should be there instead if he wanted to include all the 90s lineups. Maybe he just wanted to draw Magik lol.

Upcoming cover featuring Polaris by Patch Zircher, no doubt part of Prisoner X

Also, this tweet by Steranko sharing that the X-Men #50 cover is by far the majority fave cover he's done. Also great to see him again proudly noting his part in Lorna's creation.

Last edited by salarta; 12-17-2018 at 06:40 PM.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Nice. Loving seeing Lorna looking all powerful on that cover. Can't wait to see the finished version.

Hopefully Prisoner X turns out well for Polaris. Not sure if it'll have any lasting impact, or what the series will do with Lorna's character, but I'm still looking forward to it.

Ultimate Member

Who knows, maybe it'll turn her against taking the harder approach on things...or not...

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    RB Silva did a commission not too long ago, of the 90s X-Men squads and Excalibur. Now he's moved on to the other satellite titles, Generation X, New Mutants, and X-Factor. With Polaris front and center of X-Factor's section.

WOW! This is EPIC as hell. I love how they centered Emma Frost, Ilyanna Rasputin, and Lorna Dane for each squad too. Although Banshee and Havok are still placed prominently as well.

It looks SO GOOD and I love the impression it leaves me of like what makes X-Factor interesting is the daughter of Magneto is there

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    THIS ALSO LOOKS SO GOOD !!!

My hype level for Prisoner of X just rose :-D
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

A lot of times, what goes unsaid isn't noticed next to what actually gets said. It's with this in mind that I say one of my unsaid thoughts out loud.

Notice that I haven't been complaining about Lorna's costume for Prisoner X. If we completely disregard context, we could consider what she's wearing to be no different than any other team uniform. They're all wearing the exact same thing, none of them are wearing anything identifying (e.g. Lorna's headgear).

With context, however, we know that this costume is specific to the setting and story. There's a good reason for Lorna to wear something conforming with the rest of the group, and a good reason she's lacking her identifying visuals. More importantly, this is part of an event after she's been used in Uncanny X-Men while wearing her iconic costume.

That doesn't mean I'm open to years worth of random costumes (especially ones missing her most identifying elements) just cause the context gives a reason. There's a point where the reasons would start to feel like excuses to keep her from being visually distinct and easily recognizable. But under ordinary circumstances, I'm fully open to costumes other than her iconic look if context makes it meaningful.

As an aside, I learned while starting this post that Prisoner X was a story from 1998 (at least in TPB form) involving Mojo. I didn't even know this was a thing back when we first saw the cover and I said it feels like it's trying to recapture the late 90s.

Promotional Photos Of The Gifted episode eneMy of My eneMy

Edit and...

AGE OF X-MAN: PRISONER X #1 (of 5)
    VITA AYALA (W) • GERMAN PERALTA (A) • Cover by PATCH ZIRCHER
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    SECRET VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY Inhyuk Lee
    ENTER THE AGE OF X-MAN!
    In the Age of X-Man, when you break the law, you aren’t sent to just any prison. You’re sent to the Danger Room…a penitentiary filled with the roughest and meanest mutants that don’t fit into X-Man’s utopia. They each have a reason for being there. And they’re all ready to kill each other. But that’s about to change, because the newest prisoner just arrived…Lucas Bishop!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

https://www.newsarama.com/43180-marv...citations.html
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-18-2018 at 12:03 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Looks OK. Not a fan of the shot with Lorna and Marcos looking at each other but meh

Andy being there is also intriguing

At this point I'm way more invested in the Lauren Strucker story arc than in Lorna's tbh but we'll see what happens with her too
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

polaris

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    polaris
    Nice catch.

Interesting costume decision, including the boob plate and the giant X. I'm guessing the X was to make it clearer that it's Lorna and not some other green-haired woman.

I'll wait on whether or not to get this until I know if Lorna actually has a meaningful role, or if she's just visually present.

This is the solicit paired with the image.

SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #47
    ROBBIE THOMPSON (W) • MATT HORAK (A)
    Cover by Will Robson
    “INFINITE HOUSE OF CIVIL yet SECRET CRISIS WAR INVASIONS” continues!
    • The entire Marvel Universe is on the chopping block and it doesn’t look like Spider-Man and Deadpool can save the day.
    • Wait, WHAT?! They’re our HEROES?!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Promotional Photos Of The Gifted episode eneMy of My eneMy

Edit and...

AGE OF X-MAN: PRISONER X #1 (of 5)
    VITA AYALA (W) • GERMAN PERALTA (A) • Cover by PATCH ZIRCHER
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    SECRET VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY Inhyuk Lee
    ENTER THE AGE OF X-MAN!
    In the Age of X-Man, when you break the law, you aren’t sent to just any prison. You’re sent to the Danger Room…a penitentiary filled with the roughest and meanest mutants that don’t fit into X-Man’s utopia. They each have a reason for being there. And they’re all ready to kill each other. But that’s about to change, because the newest prisoner just arrived…Lucas Bishop!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

https://www.newsarama.com/43180-marv...citations.html
    I'm really excited to see the tension between the Inner Circle members, and the Underground. Think its going to be a good episode, with a lot of action.

This solicitation kinda excites me. I'm all for a badass Lorna, and I'm curious to see what exactly she's done to end up like this.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 12-18-2018 at 01:22 PM.