Page 100 of 573 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 8586
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    We don't know what resources he has... he was a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, a Hydra agent, and a member of Garrett's faction for many years. I'll bet he has plenty of resources we don't know about. And it would be a lot easier if his brother was cooperating with the whole thing. Having the "death" be by fire means there would conveniently be no way to do conclusive DNA testing on the remains, or even dental records testing. It might all be based on a) a charred body in the house, b) Christian's car parked outside and that phone call to his wife establishing that he was at the house, and c) Christian not showing up for work or contacting anyone.

As for Ward's past... it seems to me like he's trying to make it all about the future now. Having it out with his brother puts the past behind them.

Or, he may actually have killed his brother and mother. But I'm not convinced. First rule of television dramas: if you don't see a corpse, the character is not dead.
    Ward had to kill his brother to sell himself to Hydra, so I doubt they helped him. Shield wouldn't, and Garret's faction was all rolled up (and had turned on Hydra allies towards the end).

Ward's exceptionally skilled, but he's a basically a gun. Point, click, die. And him killing family members who tortured him emotionally isn't that far for him to go, really.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    And him killing family members who tortured him emotionally isn't that far for him to go, really.
    Maybe not. We don't really know yet. But him not killing family members while making it appear he did so is a more interesting story, most likely.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    The obsessed vengeful dad with anger issues allying with the daughter's former love interest who broke her heart and who's former allies nearly killed her is obvious how? Because dad wants to reunite with his daughter and Ward wants to bang her?
    Depends on whether dad thinks he's a "good boy" or not. Ward may claim it's more than just the hots for her- it's love. In his opinion he didn't break her heart, Shield tore them apart and he always tried to protect her from Hydra. They both think they love her and care about her, in their twisted way, and probably both blame Coulson. If Ward helps dad get to Skye dad may thank him for that.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    One: This isn't movie logic, it's Marvel logic which I would contend operates under an entirely different set of rules than, say NCIS.

Two: All we know about the deaths is that the police say they identified bodies (we don't know if that's true or if it's a conspiracy-led lie), what condition the bodies were in (if there were any bodies), how they died (no one ever said they died in the fire or even if they were in the fire), or any idea how the fire started. Murdering your parents, starting a fire, and then killing yourself seems like a bizarre way to go about things and raises questions in my mind about the legitimacy of the events.

Three: We don't know what Christian's or Ward's resources are, so saying they don't have any is speculative at this point. Also, we don't know what their plan are, whether those plans are aligned with each other, or whether they are at cross purposes. We can assume the blue alien has a role in it all and is at the heart of everyone's goals and motivations.
    I actually did not think that Ward would fake the deaths of his relatives. If he did it was unwillingly and they are in a dungeon somewhere - I can't see those evil relatives willingly helping Ward. I assume in this case Ward murdered them - he is a murderer. I think Ward wants to die a hero.

Maybe not. We don't really know yet. But him not killing family members while making it appear he did so is a more interesting story, most likely.
    Knowing Marvel logic it could be a way to re-introduce the character as a 'hero' if he is a fan favorite. I actually never liked Ward until he went evil.

Not knowing what the endgame is, we don't know what Christian has to gain, or to lose. What we can assume is that it's all somehow connected with the blue alien, which is a much larger issue than scoring political points. We can also be pretty sure that Christian did not pursue a political career out of a sense of altruism.
    Based on...? Only a handful of people know about the alien, and the Wards aren't on that list.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    Based on...? Only a handful of people know about the alien, and the Wards aren't on that list.
    Based on the constant teases on Twitter by cast and crew #ItsAllConnected

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    The obsessed vengeful dad with anger issues allying with the daughter's former love interest who broke her heart and who's former allies nearly killed her is obvious how? Because dad wants to reunite with his daughter and Ward wants to bang her?
    Daddy knows very little of what happened between Skye and Ward so far, so he can't hold that against him. They share a completely delusional conviction that Skye will somehow warm up to them if only they're given a chance to convince her of their righteousness. A chance that this annoying little man Phil Coulson will never allow them. Ward knows more about Coulson and his crew than anyone daddy has access to. Daddy will need allies anyway if he's going to bring both Whitehall AND Coulson down. Ward has no loyalty toward Hydra and no compunction to pretty much do anything at all in pursuit of his goals or those of people he feels allied to. Skye's dad actually seems the more reasonable of the two. He has relatable goals, in fact: avenge his lover and reclaim his daughter. He just has some anger issues that derail him from time to time. Grant is just the kind of immoral trash a guy like him might employ to get things done that he can't do on his own.

Yeah, it seems obvious to me that they're going to be the best of friends.

And that's ignoring the fact that from a storytelling point of view, the mere fact that they met while forging an obviously fake a partnership with a man one of them seeks to bring to ruin and the other has no love for just screams they'll unite to betray him.

Incredible Member

The news report was a murder suicide. Ward killing them all and making it look like Christian killed their parents then himself is the "logical" assumption.

BANNED

Doubtful his brother is a sitting US Senator. Not going to be easy to hide at all. I dont see why his family members would volunteer to do that and Ward in no way has the resources to pull that off.

Ultimate Member

And it makes no sense for him to do that. He HATED his parents and brother (although perhaps not his other brother, I hope that he appears on the show eventually). Plus he apparently tried to kill them before (which is how he ended up in the facility where Garrett first found him). Hell he even tried to burn down their house back then. No, the most "logical" explanation is that he killed them, framed his brother for the crime, and then burned the house to the ground to cover his tracks/erase the last vestiges of his crappy Hellish childhood. And the scene with Whitehall implied that that was exactly what he did.

I think it is quite clear Ward is currently on the villain track this season. Even the showrunners in their interviews are straight out calling him a villain so it looks like that is what they want him to be for now. Perhaps in the future he will start showing signs for a redemption arc, like actually feeling remorseful for all the killing he has been doing, but until then he can be believed to be a villain.

Honestly I am happy with villainous Ward. He is a much more interesting character than what he started out being, though I can see it hard for those who liked him before the Hydra reveal to take in the change of the character. He is not all that likable as he currently is but he is wonderfully complex and proving to be a great foil for Coulson's SHIELD team. I do hope we eventually get to see Thomas Ward and get his side to the story. I think he is a missing piece for truly understanding Ward's past. Though wasn't it mentioned before that Ward also had a sister? Or am I mis-remembering?
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

Quote Originally Posted by Thennary Nak View Post
    Honestly I am happy with villainous Ward.
    Same here. No villian is more hated than the one who was once a friend...

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Ward had to kill his brother to sell himself to Hydra, so I doubt they helped him. Shield wouldn't, and Garret's faction was all rolled up (and had turned on Hydra allies towards the end).
    I didn't mean those actual groups would help him... I meant that he probably amassed a LOT of resources and contacts through working for three global spy organizations.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Same here. No villian is more hated than the one who was once a friend...
    Ward is an Anti-Villain. A Guy using villainous means to get a heroic win or at least what he thinks is one. Although he might just want Skye which would make him a run of the mill Delusional Villain.