Question (Boom! Studios) The Definitive Irredeemable

They releasing Irredeemable Premier Vol. 2

Not Definitive edition?

Quote Originally Posted by osakafanz View Post
    They releasing Irredeemable Premier Vol. 2

Not Definitive edition?
    Sooo... I really have no idea how to answer this question, but I just read the #1's for Irredeemable and Incorruptible and they were fantastic. Any way you could throw some information at me? Is the whole run good? Are there any crossovers?
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Sooo... I really have no idea how to answer this question, but I just read the #1's for Irredeemable and Incorruptible and they were fantastic. Any way you could throw some information at me? Is the whole run good? Are there any crossovers?
    The whole runs are insane, one of the most epic comic experiences in town. There's one "crossover", but you can read the books separate without worrying about reading them together in a special order to understand the crossover. Both books show the characters flashbacks of the same time but from different perspectives. Probably the dumbest crossover of all time, and the only bad issues of either book. The rest are solid gold. Balls to the wall fights and stories, everything Marvel should be but isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    The whole runs are insane, one of the most epic comic experiences in town. There's one "crossover", but you can read the books separate without worrying about reading them together in a special order to understand the crossover. Both books show the characters flashbacks of the same time but from different perspectives. Probably the dumbest crossover of all time, and the only bad issues of either book. The rest are solid gold. Balls to the wall fights and stories, everything Marvel should be but isn't.
    lol so everything's great, except the crossover? Seriously? That's a little depressing... That seems like a real wasted opportunity.

Yea, I see these books chilling in the cheap bins all the time, so I feel like I'll probably start checking them out.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    So I just finished both series (still 2 more issues of Incorruptible, but what the hell), and I just needed to write down a few thoughts, whether anyone reads them or not.
    Irredeemable was amazing. The whole way through. Although it had a pretty major problem with DBZ-ing nearly every issue (there's gotta be a word for that... Like everyone just kept getting exponentially more powerful), it was damn enjoyable, and a nice view into a world where Superman ended up being criminally insane.
    Incorruptible, on the other hand, sucked. Ok, it didn't suck per se, but it was just amateur hour compared to Irredeemable. The best thing about Irredeemable was figuring out how and why a person could act, and seemingly change on a dime, like the Plutonian did. I never really got a good sense of why Max Damage decided to be the worst kind of evil, and then just decide not to. I really only read this series with the promise that the two characters would interact at some point but that barely happened.
    And as for the crossover, I wasn't disappointed, and I didn't think it was dumb, but it was billed as this knock-down, drag-out fight for the ages, and literally nothing happened. I mean, I learned some super interesting things about both characters (probably the best issues of the entire Incorruptible series), but I can't believe they marketed this as some big fight. The only really disappointing thing about both runs is that I never got a badass fight scene between the two. I thought the Incorruptible series was created for that specific reason (to build a folly for the Plutonian).

But meh, I'm done talking to no one now. I'm glad I read both, and although Incorruptible was entirely forgettable, Irredeemable will probably stay with me for a long time. Plutonian is one of the most interesting and well-defined characters I have ever read about in a comic.

BANNED

Irredeemable was indeed a great, great series that ended too soon. it's been some years since i read it though... since i now read only a dozen or so ongoings, i've been meaning to reread it, along with Brubaker's Captain America/Winter Soldier run. both books were like the pinnacle of comic books at the time.

but yeah, great stuff. i'd recommend Irredeemable to anyone who likes good comic books. never read Incorruptible though.

I'm thinking of jumping into Irredeemable, and I might check out Incorruptible, afterward.

Is the (apparently)-new Premier Edition hardcover format the best way to collect the Irredeemable series? I was thinking of waiting on an omnibus, but I don't know if this title is popular enough for such, so I'd go on a somewhat random assumption that the Premier Edition HC books are what I should get.

Hope Incorruptible is reprinted as well...