Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

It would be quite the spectacle to see Ororo form a Marvel version of the BRICS geopolitical bloc. I don't see that happening, and certainly not in a way that would make them look good, but it's a fun idea. Ororo, Doom, T'Challa, whomever runs the Lemurians, I wouldn't want to mess with them!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    There doesn't seem there will be a mutant nation in this new era. It seems Brevoort is integrating mutants back into regular society so I'm not sure if "Queen" in this sense is supposed to be meant literally. I'm ready to see what the premise behind the book will be which I hope drops this week.
    Yeah, I think they are just leaning into the 'yass Queen!' sentiment, rather than actually having Storm be a Queen of a mutant nation, but we'll just have to see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    There doesn't seem there will be a mutant nation in this new era. It seems Brevoort is integrating mutants back into regular society so I'm not sure if "Queen" in this sense is supposed to be meant literally. I'm ready to see what the premise behind the book will be which I hope drops this week.
    Yeah, I don't thinkthat they would make her the literal "Queen" of a nation but she would be more like the PM.

I know they want to get back to basics but even with that, after the fall of Krakoa, you are going to have millions of displaced mutants with no where to go. I hope that they don't ignore this plot hole.

Storm rebuilding Genosha and promoting humans and mutants working side by side is just a great project imo.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It would be quite the spectacle to see Ororo form a Marvel version of the BRICS geopolitical bloc. I don't see that happening, and certainly not in a way that would make them look good, but it's a fun idea. Ororo, Doom, T'Challa, whomever runs the Lemurians, I wouldn't want to mess with them!
    Ha, who would be that foolish? I couldn't wait to find out who would try to take on that kind of alliance.

But you know somebody is going to try.

It'd be like House of M all over again!

I don’t foresee her book focused on her establishing a new nation TBH. Too soon and done too much. I think we’ll (hopefully) see a lot of political intrigue due to her role on the Great Ring, as the Voice of Sol, and a respected figure in earth’s super-powered communities & international government powers (let alone the Shiar). I think she carries a lot of political capital & influence in that regard and this is where I can see a lot of potential for a “Queen” type role w/ a lot of potential to build stories and expand a mythos around her.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I don’t foresee her book focused on her establishing a new nation TBH. Too soon and done too much. I think we’ll (hopefully) see a lot of political intrigue due to her role on the Great Ring, as the Voice of Sol, and a respected figure in earth’s super-powered communities & international government powers (let alone the Shiar). I think she carries a lot of political capital & influence in that regard and this is where I can see a lot of potential for a “Queen” type role w/ a lot of potential to build stories and expand a mythos around her.
    This is the best idea I have seen this far. Earth's governments are a joke. I would much rather she do more with established powers while shaping earth's governments to behave better.

Incredible Member

Storm is getting a big boost, she is going to be an Avenger now too
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sometimes it feels like off panel Hope channeling the PF, Wanda, Doc Strange and Galactus all did a ritual with the infinity gems and the incantations was "NO MORE CHARACTER GROWTH!"

Solo book and Avengers membership is certainly something. I'm skeptical they can actually pull this off is a satisfying way, but let's see.... I'm open to being surprised.

Mighty Member

Solo book and Avengers membership is certainly something. I'm skeptical they can actually pull this off is a satisfying way, but let's see.... I'm open to being surprised.

Trust has to be earned.

I'm somewhat interested in possibly reading this series but it's really going to depend on the creative team. I will say I think a Storm solo will have the best chance of making it pass 10 issues out of the solos announced so far not titled Wolverine.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Fantastic Member

I think Storm certainly has the gravitas to last much longer than 10 issues if marvel is willing to promote her right. This is one reason why I am happy about the Avengers announcement. It seems to be an affirmative statement that marvel intends to give her that focus as most other members are also long running and prominent solo acts.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Storm was destined for this role as leader of all the Mutants. Finally we are getting a fair-minded paragon of virtue in this role instead of the usual crackpot terrorists and megalomaniacs.
    Depends on your definition of “getting.” We’ve seen time and again Storm’s ego drives her to seek out leadership roles. Usually some group she deems as less than. When the leadership role becomes hers, and her ego is temporarily sated, she ghosts the group she used to satisfy her ego - to go on some sort of deeply personal journey. While away, and without her leadership, the group gets decimated.

Little wonder megalomaniacs like Doom are drawn to her. Not as their Queen but as their ego blind herald.

LOL