Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What would you like to see in the second Wonder Woman movie?

I honestly hope it shows Wonder Woman struggling with everyday things I watched a trailer and it seems Barbara is very envious of Wonder Woman and sees her as perfect so I'd like there to be a big contrast to that like Diana working in fast food by day (like in the 90's) and be Wonder Woman by night. Maybe she gets a better job opportunity and meets Barbara that way which I think would be good but I'd like to see Wonder Woman struggle with things like everybody else.

Wonder Woman fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    I honestly hope it shows Wonder Woman struggling with everyday things I watched a trailer and it seems Barbara is very envious of Wonder Woman and sees her as perfect so I'd like there to be a big contrast to that like Diana working in fast food by day (like in the 90's) and be Wonder Woman by night. Maybe she gets a better job opportunity and meets Barbara that way which I think would be good but I'd like to see Wonder Woman struggle with things like everybody else.
    Little to no references to other DC properties so I can continue pretend this and the first exist in their own universe.

Other than than that idk, movie seems to be shaping to be fine enough from the trailers. Maybe Ares' helmet on display somewhere as trophy/Easter egg.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

‘Wonder Woman 1984’: Exhibition Braces For Another Release Date Change During Pandemic Post-‘Tenet’

"With New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco movie theaters still not open, our exhibition sources are hearing that Warner Bros is apt to move Wonder Woman 1984 again, this time out of its current October 2 date to either sometime in November or possibly to late December. That would bump the studio’s Legendary feature Dune out of its December 18 weekend to sometime in 2021.

Tenet is another reason why Wonder Woman 1984 won’t be able to go during the first weekend of October. With sources currently estimating that New York and Los Angeles won’t open movie theaters until early October/late September, the Christopher Nolan movie will still need to make a big splash in those markets, or at least make its best effort. Having Wonder Woman 1984 in Tenet‘s way won’t help its hopeful domestic tail at the box office."

Full article: https://deadline.com/2020/09/wonder-...as-1203019735/

Probably for the best to just delay it to some unspecified time in 2021 at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Probably for the best to just delay it to some unspecified time in 2021 at this point.
    Sadly, I must concur.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

Default So Far, The Amazons In the Preview Looks at Least know how to handle a Lasso....

Spoilers

In the new trailer we see two amazons use a rope really rather well stylistically; and both of them know to hold the lasso from it's base...

So far, WW is holding it like as if there was loose noodle where she is gripping it and the I don't find whatever the previews show that impressive at all, and rather surprising considering what they have shown in the opening. Also, lassoing the lightning is obviously a magical feat that requires a very major suspension of disbelief that it's so hard even to do it...considering that it's light and has no solid shape and that it happens so far that WW has to be so much faster than the speed of lightning.

However, I've only seen the preview and the overly golden effects of the lasso looks a bit too cartoonish so let's hope the rest of the action scenes are at least better than the last movie. If they only consulted with the DC Animation department I will have absolute faith that the action scenes will spot on.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    Spoilers

In the new trailer we see two amazons use a rope really rather well stylistically; and both of them know to hold the lasso from it's base...

So far, WW is holding it like as if there was loose noodle where she is gripping it and the I don't find whatever the previews show that impressive at all, and rather surprising considering what they have shown in the opening. Also, lassoing the lightning is obviously a magical feat that requires a very major suspension of disbelief that it's so hard even to do it...considering that it's light and has no solid shape and that it happens so far that WW has to be so much faster than the speed of lightning.

However, I've only seen the preview and the overly golden effects of the lasso looks a bit too cartoonish so let's hope the rest of the action scenes are at least better than the last movie. If they only consulted with the DC Animation department I will have absolute faith that the action scenes will spot on.
    WW has reacted to lightning speed and beyond in the comics. With the speed of a God she should be fast enough to do so. And the lasso is a magical tool that has done crazier stuff than lassoing lightning.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    WW has reacted to lightning speed and beyond in the comics. With the speed of a God she should be fast enough to do so. And the lasso is a magical tool that has done crazier stuff than lassoing lightning.
    Although I am not a fan of lassoing lightning...I can accept that if they somehow explain that the lasso WW is lassoing is something generated by her and it allows her magically to "hang on to it." WW is fast, yes, fast enough to deflect lightning, but unless she can anticipate where the lightning will strike it's really hard to even imagine her having the speed to lasso it..it will be over by the time she reacts to it.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Although I am not a fan of lassoing lightning...I can accept that if they somehow explain that the lasso WW is lassoing is something generated by her and it allows her magically to "hang on to it." WW is fast, yes, fast enough to deflect lightning, but unless she can anticipate where the lightning will strike it's really hard to even imagine her having the speed to lasso it..it will be over by the time she reacts to it.
    Again, with the speed of a God she should be fast enough to do that. Comic WW has proven herself faster than lightning anyway. Super speed remember? And fiction specially in this type of genre doesn't go by the laws of physics. Which is why the lasso does all kinds of crazy stuff.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Again, with the speed of a God she should be fast enough to do that. Comic WW has proven herself faster than lightning anyway. Super speed remember? And fiction specially in this type of genre doesn't go by the laws of physics. Which is why the lasso does all kinds of crazy stuff.

WW is not even a pure Olympian god; demi-god at best, and her power set has been inconsistent. For that matter, however, WW has to be able to possess speed force Flash level to do that. By the time she even swings that lasso, the lightning will be over; blocking it incoming towards her, and hurling the lasso far away is another thing. However, since if the entire thing is indeed magic based, lightning included, then it makes suspension of disbelief better. This stunt almost reminds me when Superman use to move the earth; that's just won't fly in today's comics because we know how much casualties that will create.

Anyway, PJ handling of WW's lasso techniques are really not so impressive in my opinion; overly neon glowy that it sort of cartoonish..hopefully that gets retconned later on. But to to each his own, I suppose.

Mighty Member

What, are you talking about DCEU, or DC Comics Wonder Woman? Because for the latter is that notion absolutely laughable, something like this as example would be not nearly possible if Wonder Woman could not even move fast enough to lasso lightning bolts, considering from where she came to move Superman out of the way:

WW is not even a pure Olympian god; demi-god at best, and her power set has been inconsistent. For that matter, however, WW has to be able to possess speed force Flash level to do that. By the time she even swings that lasso, the lightning will be over; blocking it incoming towards her, and hurling the lasso far away is another thing. However, since if the entire thing is indeed magic based, lightning included, then it makes suspension of disbelief better. This stunt almost reminds me when Superman use to move the earth; that's just won't fly in today's comics because we know how much casualties that will create.

Anyway, PJ handling of WW's lasso techniques are really not so impressive in my opinion; overly neon glowy that it sort of cartoonish..hopefully that gets retconned later on. But to to each his own, I suppose.
    Wonder Woman is supposed to be the literal counter to a full fledged god in the DCEU, and was in her modern version originally not a demi-god at best but empowered by 6 full fledged gods and 1 god level soul, and her power-set was never inconsistent enough to exclude super-speed. Wonder Woman possessed in her history often enough Flash level speed, just not consistent at the absolute cheese-high ends, and the speed force had in the past an entry speed around the speed of light, which is around 3000 times faster than a lightning bolt and still at least 3 times faster than even the return stroke. By the time a properly portrayed Wonder Woman in the comics swings her lasso will be nothing over, the lightning bolt would have not even notably traveled. Superman lifted the earth for 5 days in New 52, and this as example is also not from the Silver age, or any of the other truly cheesy periods:

How should they retcon the glow of the lasso, at best they will change the color palette of a potential third movie.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 12-20-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Fantastic Member

All equally ridiculous my point of view, even it's fiction in the end.

Anyway, let's just hope WW's lasso handling and tactics fares better than what I saw in the beginning of the movie, wherein it may not be as grand as lassoing a bolt of electrical light, but at least it looks highly stylistic and expertise the way they are handling it in the movie. The trailer so far looks like WW holding a glowing neon noodle. Golden does not have to be neon glowing; a more subtle color would have made a better artistic choice: https://www.christmas-treasures.com/...les-300664.htm

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Default Wonder Woman 1984 Box Office Update

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark