Page 82 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283848586 LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1278

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Damian lived with Bruce Wayne how could they ignore this send him to space ?
    Do you know how many stories are out there that took place at times when Damian was living with Bruce yet there is no trace of him?

Astonishing Member

I bet he wish he could but you can’t write activity like this and not explain where Damian esp since it’s crossing into a mainline event. So if he has to write Damian he’s gonna clearly do it begrudgingly
    It's simple - make it like he's with Dick. And that's it.
    Zdarsky is making a point, that ''Tim is a good, true Robin, and Damian is a bad one''. It's the type of favoritism that should never be in comics in the first place, it's basically him telling everyone who likes Damian ''I don't care what you think, he sucks''. It's not a good storytelling, and it's creating even more toxic enviroment within the fanbase. Don't like the character that much? Okay, don't write him, he has his series anyways.
    Tynion is also a huge Tim fan, and he was very open about his dislike of Damian because of that. And he never did something like that. He didn't use him in his 'Tec run, and he didn't use him in his main book run neither. And that's fine.
    It's literally Spider-Office level of bullshit.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 05-08-2024 at 02:21 AM.

Mighty Member

and to be honest the Tim writing feels like regression even if it is good. Like emphasizing Tim's role as Robin at the expense of Damian when let's be frank Damian is the Robin with the spotlight and the focus going forward and trying to re-hit Tim's highs from before in a role thathe really needs to outgrow is keeping him stagnant and kind of shows how nostalgia is holding him back.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Do you know how many stories are out there that took place at times when Damian was living with Bruce yet there is no trace of him?
    That's not really different for the other Robins, with exception Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    That's not really different for the other Robins, with exception Dick.
    Not sure what you're trying to tell me with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It's simple - make it like he's with Dick. And that's it.
    Zdarsky is making a point, that ''Tim is a good, true Robin, and Damian is a bad one''. It's the type of favoritism that should never be in comics in the first place, it's basically him telling everyone who likes Damian ''I don't care what you think, he sucks''. It's not a good storytelling, and it's creating even more toxic enviroment within the fanbase. Don't like the character that much? Okay, don't write him, he has his series anyways.
    Tynion is also a huge Tim fan, and he was very open about his dislike of Damian because of that. And he never did something like that. He didn't use him in his 'Tec run, and he didn't use him in his main book run neither. And that's fine.
    It's literally Spider-Office level of bullshit.
    That's another thing I don't get about this. Is this really helping Tim? Fans of the other Robins just start to dislike Tim more because their faves get treated badly so Tim can look good. But we don't actually get anything that would prove what is so interesting about Tim. The others are just worse.
    Zdarsky isn't doing anything new with Tim either, he's basically just going "remember how Tim saved Bruce when he became Robin? Well I'm going to have him do that over and over again and no other character is allowed to help"
    He's not finding a new direction for him, something new for him to do.
    He's just still that teenage boy thinking he needs to be Robin so Bruce can be Batman.
    But too many things have changed for that to work.

Not sure what you're trying to tell me with this.
    He is saying, you are right.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    and to be honest the Tim writing feels like regression even if it is good. Like emphasizing Tim's role as Robin at the expense of Damian when let's be frank Damian is the Robin with the spotlight and the focus going forward and trying to re-hit Tim's highs from before in a role thathe really needs to outgrow is keeping him stagnant and kind of shows how nostalgia is holding him back.
    Yes, exactly. Just let Tim retire and stay retired.

Jesus! When is that flashback with Barry supposed to have taken place? Wasn't Barry trapped in the Speed Force when Batman was in his yellow symbol years?

Would it have been so hard to just show him talking to Wally?

It’s not another universe it’s the same universe. I hate when writes purposely contradict without care
    It may as well be in a different universe.
    That's another thing I don't get about this. Is this really helping Tim? Fans of the other Robins just start to dislike Tim more because their faves get treated badly so Tim can look good. But we don't actually get anything that would prove what is so interesting about Tim. The others are just worse.
    Zdarsky isn't doing anything new with Tim either, he's basically just going "remember how Tim saved Bruce when he became Robin? Well I'm going to have him do that over and over again and no other character is allowed to help"
    He's just still that teenage boy thinking he needs to be Robin so Bruce can be Batman.
    I think it's fine to write Bruce and Tim as partners. They're great partners.

It just doesn't need to be at Damian's expense.

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Jesus! When is that flashback with Barry supposed to have taken place? Wasn't Barry trapped in the Speed Force when Batman was in his yellow symbol years?

Would it have been so hard to just show him talking to Wally?
    Looks like it takes place in the same era as the World's Finest book.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Looks like it takes place in the same era as the World's Finest book.
    When does that actually take place? I read a few issues and was very confused.

I don't see the point in Daniel Captio when Batman already has Hugo Strange. Then again, I don't see the point in a lot of what Zdarsky is doing with Batman.

Savage taking over as mayor is more in his tyrannical nature as opposed to him settling for being commissioner but I guess Zdarsky is trying to avoid the comparisons to Fisk when he was mayor.

I'm pretty much over Zur Failsafe, mainly due to seeing no appeal towards him. I'm more than ready for Batman to move on face someone else, practically anyone else at this point.

I wanted to be intrigued with Amanda Waller's involvement but I couldn't, probably because it's practically a given at this point.

Then there's Batman's new look which ironically is not a good look for him at all. About the only thing I did like about Batman 147 was the back up featuring the Riddler and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    I don't see the point in Daniel Captio when Batman already has Hugo Strange. Then again, I don't see the point in a lot of what Zdarsky is doing with Batman.

Savage taking over as mayor is more in his tyrannical nature as opposed to him settling for being commissioner but I guess Zdarsky is trying to avoid the comparisons to Fisk when he was mayor.

I'm pretty much over Zur Failsafe, mainly due to seeing no appeal towards him. I'm more than ready for Batman to move on face someone else, practically anyone else at this point.

I wanted to be intrigued with Amanda Waller's involvement but I couldn't, probably because it's practically a given at this point.

Then there's Batman's new look which ironically is not a good look for him at all. About the only thing I did like about Batman 147 was the back up featuring the Riddler and that's about it.
    The only thing I care about with the Savage storyline is another thing blowing up in Nakano's face.

Let's see, Damian is in Batman and Robin monthly, as well as usually the main Robin in "events." Dick has 2 books. Jason has a mini right now. Tim has squat.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-