UNCANNY MARVEL! PART 1

ASTONISHING X-MEN #3
Written by BRIAN K. VAUGHAN
Plot by EXCITER
Art by KEN ROCAFORT
Iceman “Ice Bucket Challenge” Variant Cover by MATTEO SCALERA – a portion of the proceeds will be donated to ALS research.
“X-PATRIATION AGENDA” Part Three “SAVAGE POLITICS”
In the new mutant-friendly Utopia set up by the Scarlet Witch and based in the Savage Land, Fantomex has discovered a startling secret about Deputy Mayor Karl Lykos! Normally, if the powerful psychic gave in to his vampire-like need to steal the life force from mutants then he would transform into his depraved alter ego, the pterodactyl-man Sauron. No transformation meant he was clean, and that inspired the Scarlet Witch to trust him. But in the bowels of Utopia’s prisons, Fantomex finds someone he never expected… Sauron?!? Somehow Lykos has effectuated a split, leaving him free to sap life-force from unsuspecting mutants and satiate his addiction while maintaining plausible deniability! And with all the mutants the new city has welcomed, Utopia is an all-you-can-sap buffet! But when Lykos discovers that Fantomex knows his secret, can the faux-French rogue possibly avoid the wrath of the Deputy Mayor and his brainwashed constituents with only Sauron as his backup?
Meanwhile, Jean Grey, Iceman, Devil Dinosaur and the rest of the X-Men battle the Savage Land Mutates. Can Angel broker a peace? And what “apocalyptic” secret did he learn from the mutate Amphibius?
32 PGs./Rated T+...$2.99

BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS #3
Written by CHRIS YOST
Plotted by BANEOFKINGS
Art by MIKE CHOI
“24 HOURS TO KILL” Part Three of Three “TRAPPED”
The Brotherhood of Mutants is separated across the world, each in dire situations. Havok, Blink, and Sunfire have found themselves on a cave-diving mission gone disastrously wrong, but more importantly, the bounty on Cyclops’ head is about to be claimed by the Human High Council themselves! Reverend William Stryker is about to pay himself the $1 million reward – unless Cyclops, Magik, and Mystique, who has just recently linked up with them, can find a way to escape the High Council’s grasp!
And with Emma Frost and Bishop among those left behind, it comes to their attention that their new home may not quite be as safe as they initially expected it to be. THE CONCLUSION OF THE FIRST BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS ARC!
32pgs/Rated T.../$2.99

DEADPOOL & FORCE WORKS #3
Written by JASON AARON
Plot by EXCITER
Art by MATTEO SCALERA
“SPECIAL FORCES TEAM X” Part 2.1 “WEAPON XI”
In this very issue, I will face my greatest enemy… me?!? Wait, back up. Force Works and I were crashing Weapon X’s party, looking to shut down those mutant-kidnapping mama jamas for good. Problem: Weapon X’s new head honcho, Lady Deathstrike, just gave her henchmen Weapon-X style power-ups! Axeman Bone, the Zapata Brothers, and Hand ninjas with adamantium and stolen powers? Nothing my partners X-23, Silver Fox, Hit-Monkey, Ghost, and Juggernaut can’t handle (right?). That leaves me free to deal with the worst mook Weapon X has churned out. Bald, no mouth, some weird red rosacea around his eyes, adamantium bones, optic blasts, super-agility, teleporting, and big swords coming out of his arms… oh damn. Those abilities remind me of a bunch of dead mutants I tagged and bagged when I was on Team X back in 1980! It’s like all those dead guy’s powers got pooled into this guy. Like he’s a pool… of the dead. Like he’s… Deadpool? But he is totally not Deadpool! I’m Deadpool! No, this abomination can only go by a different name. It’s the battle you never knew you wanted to see – Deadpool versus Dudepeel! To the death! But crap, he’s got a lot more powers than I do. Maybe we can rethink that death thing?
•Issue comes with a free autographed 8x10 of Scott Adkins, the actor who portrayed Dudepeel when Ryan Reynolds didn’t want to film the end of that terrible Wolverine movie!
32 PGs./Rated T+ …$2.99