Page 503 of 510 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503504505506507 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 7648

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    Apparently the big tent pole movies for DCU are Batman and Supergirl.

It has been speculated for a long time that the Superman movie is just being made as a showcase to assure the investors that DC has promising IPs. So this movie will mainly set up Supergirl, The Authority, JLI etc.

Gunn directing the movie helps because he is also the head of DCU, so he will keep the future of the franchise in mind while making this movie.
    Yes the big tentpole movie is definitely Supergirl, fresh off her big success in The Flash /s. Get a grip dude, the tentpole is this movie because if it flops, the DCU is toast. And if this movie was supposed to be a showcase, it would have the real League with Batman in it. No one is buying WBD because of the secret financial power of Guy Gardner and Hawkgirl. The JLI is in this because Gunn loves that team.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe they were trying to go for "look how relatable this version of Superman is. He gets dressed like everybody else in a world where world-ending threats happen every day" or something .
    That is for sure what they were going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    That is for sure what they were going for.
    If it is, then they misunderstood the assignment. Again.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    First look at David as Superman:

"Get ready. #Superman 7.11.25"

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6ogjVERTl8/

Man, I was really hoping he wasn't gonna wear the underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Proper budget isnt $200+. If you know how to work it, you can get it done on a good $100-$150.
    I really hope they didn’t go with a $200 million budget.

Superman is no where as big of a draw as Batman or an Avengers movie (or hell, even Deadpool). Plus audiences are clearly pretty tired of standard superhero flicks.

They may be able to break even with that budget but if WB is expecting this to make $600 million and upwards they’re probably going to be very disappointed.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

I'm glad they kept the trunks, but that picture looks terrible. It looks too baggy on him. I hope it looks better from other angles and/or better lighting.

I’m not 100% sure there are trunks. There’s a belt but I’m
    Holding out hope there aren’t trunks. I like the suit otherwise. I like it’s not skin tight. Thats not a look that always works on screen. Spider-man is the only suit that comes to mind. This reminds me of The Batman suit for some reason. I loved that!

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    I’m not 100% sure there are trunks. There’s a belt but I’m
    Holding out hope there aren’t trunks. I like the suit otherwise. I like it’s not skin tight. Thats not a look that always works on screen. Spider-man is the only suit that comes to mind. This reminds me of The Batman suit for some reason. I loved that!
    When I first saw The Batman suit in still picutes I absolutely hated it, but once I saw it in actual live action I loved it. So hopefully this Superman suit looks a lot better in motion.

You can see some red under the belt. The trunks are back. I’m actually happy they’re back.

Brandon Routh recently showed us that the trunks can still work on a contemporary Superman costume.

Last edited by Robotman; 05-06-2024 at 12:03 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yes the big tentpole movie is definitely Supergirl, fresh off her big success in The Flash /s. Get a grip dude, the tentpole is this movie because if it flops, the DCU is toast. And if this movie was supposed to be a showcase, it would have the real League with Batman in it. No one is buying WBD because of the secret financial power of Guy Gardner and Hawkgirl. The JLI is in this because Gunn loves that team.
    They don't need to showcase Batman, they know he is their moneymaker. What they need to show are their less famous characters.

If you don't believe, look at what James Gunn has to say:

"QUESTION: "This is kind of a long-term question, but I mean, Superman is going to be entering the public domain in the decade from now. And you have a lot of classic characters that are going to be coming up with that issue. How is that ultimately impacting the way that you are defining who these characters are at this moment?"

JAMES GUNN: "Well, I mean, number one, it's a very complicated issue. It's not cut and dry. There's a lot of technical stuff around what pieces actually enter the public domain, which you may or may not know about. So there's that. But there's also that's one of the reasons why we have Superman and that's why we're bringing the Authority into mainstream. I mean, who would've thought 11 years ago the two most popular rides in the world are Guardians of the Galaxy ride. Two most popular rides in the world are based on a comic that f*cking 20,000 people knew. And so being able to try to create these other properties, use our diamonds, our Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, to prop up our Booster Golds or Green Lanterns or Plastic Mans or whatever is important."
    Gunn is trying to find the GotG for DC. The Suicide Squad didn't work so now Authority and JLI will be tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    They don't need to showcase Batman, they know he is their moneymaker. What they need to show are their less famous characters.

If you don't believe, look at what James Gunn has to say:

Gunn is trying to find the GotG for DC. The Suicide Squad didn't work so now Authority and JLI will be tried.
    Twisting that into “Gunn is using the Superman movie to help sell WBD to someone else” is a huge stretch. Yes Gunn is absolutely using Superman as the launchpad for the shared universe, that’s never been in question. That’s what makes this movie the tentpole. But he’s also said the main character is Superman not the JLI. Funny how you’ll quote that article but refuse to take him at his word when it contradicts your opinion.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

I belive in our new Superman

IMG_8617.jpg

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I think the suit looks good, probably need to get another look at it from a full shot perspective to take in all the little bits.

I like that its more of a suit instead of being completely form-fitting and skin-tight so I don't really mind the wrinkles.

I can't help but think it comes off more like a suit you would see on a TV show than a movie.

Mighty Member

Great suit, imo. Glad they're keeping the underwear

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't help but think it comes off more like a suit you would see on a TV show than a movie.
    Also why is it so dirty looking?