View Poll Results: Is Comic Book Movie Fatigue Happening?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I think Audiences Are Finally Getting Tired Of These Movies

57 45.24%
  • No - This has been wildly exaggerated

47 37.30%
  • Too Early To Say Either Way

22 17.46%
Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1142
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    The movie looks kind of bad cinematic wise, like it was made for TV.
    Wait, have they released a trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    No, they have not.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    No, they have not.
    And this is why most of the criticism lobbed against comic book movies (and the Marvel films in particular) is so laughable most of the time. Does anyone actually think the opinion voiced here would be any different even if the trailer was actually out?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    I hope the fatigue won't affect the upcoming new Captain America movie.
    It absolutely will. 3 month initial shoot and almost 6 months of reshoots. That movie is already mess
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Extraordinary Member

I have not cared to watch the Deadpool 3 trailer. Looks like I am still fatigued of comic book movies eh.
    For me, I'm not necessarily superhero movie fatigued. I'm more like just incredibly Deadpool fatigued.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

No, they have not.

They have released photos of CA 4. It looks more like a TV setting. Agents of Shield comes to mind.

They have released photos of CA 4. It looks more like a TV setting. Agents of Shield comes to mind.
    They've only released about 2 still photos.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    It absolutely will. 3 month initial shoot and almost 6 months of reshoots. That movie is already mess
    So did Spartacus and it's a classic.

Now, I'm not saying the new Captain America film will be a cinematic classic, it hasn't been released yet so no one really knows if it's good or not though honestly it's unlikely to be more than a solid fun popcorn action film at best, but saying a film is a mess simply because it has reshoots just screams of not being being able to be even the tiniest bit objective.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 05-07-2024 at 11:03 AM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

No, they have not.
    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    And this is why most of the criticism lobbed against comic book movies (and the Marvel films in particular) is so laughable most of the time. Does anyone actually think the opinion voiced here would be any different even if the trailer was actually out?
    This is one of the most hilarious sequence of comments I've seen in a long time.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Now, I'm not saying the new Captain America film will be a cinematic classic, it hasn't been released yet so no one really knows if it's good or not though honestly it's unlikely to be more than a solid fun popcorn action film at best, but saying a film is a mess simply because it has reshoots just screams of not being being able to be even the tiniest bit objective.
    Yeah, there are plenty of acclaimed movies that were trainwrecks behind the scenes. Martin Sheen had a heart attack while making Apocalypse Now. Viggo Mortenson agreed to the 18 month shoot for Lord of the Rings after they fired Dougray Scott during production.

There are also god-awful films that were trainwrecks behind the scenes.

I wonder how often you have a film that's a trainwreck behind the scenes, but the results are okay with box office and reviews that are decent.

Maybe World War Z?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Spartacus?? There is absolutely no comparison to Spartacus. Kubrick was deliberately trying to make an American classic. He was utilizing new filming techniques and it became one of Hollywood's most expensive productions. It was 1960 in the era of the epic film which is long gone now. Are you seriously saying it's okay that Captain America is consistently axing and reshooting footage and making a frankenstein's monster of a film because Spartacus, the 1960 epic film, one of the greatest films in history, did something similar? I hate the word "copium" but that's the only way to describe your post.

3 months initial shoot and 6 months of reshoots is absolutely a mess. There is no doubt about it. If it weren't Marvel's track record lately, it'd be a different story. Lots of filmmakers have to fight to get their vision seen. That's not what this is. This isn't anyone's vision-- it's a corporate auction for IPs and McDonalds toys. Reshoots for Marvel are to make investors happy and that's it.
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Spartacus?? There is absolutely no comparison to Spartacus. Kubrick was deliberately trying to make an American classic. He was utilizing new filming techniques and it became one of Hollywood's most expensive productions. It was 1960 in the era of the epic film which is long gone now. Are you seriously saying it's okay that Captain America is consistently axing and reshooting footage and making a frankenstein's monster of a film because Spartacus, the 1960 epic film, one of the greatest films in history, did something similar? I hate the word "copium" but that's the only way to describe your post.

3 months initial shoot and 6 months of reshoots is absolutely a mess. There is no doubt about it. If it weren't Marvel's track record lately, it'd be a different story. Lots of filmmakers have to fight to get their vision seen. That's not what this is. This isn't anyone's vision-- it's a corporate auction for IPs and McDonalds toys. Reshoots for Marvel are to make investors happy and that's it.
    This is a lot of words to simply reiterate what I already said and yet still come up with a very biased conclusion.

Again, as I already said, no I don't think the new Cap film will be Spartacus, the best it will be is to be a mildly entertaining popcorn flick and at worst forgettable but at this point we cannot say with anything approaching even a modicum of certainty. That's literally the only objective observation that can be made and anything more than that is just bias.

Reshoots do not equal bad. Pretty much every film does it and has since pretty much the dawn of the Hollywood era of cinema and it's not all due to "artistic vision either, most films are corporate products, even the really good ones.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 05-07-2024 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Yeah, there are plenty of acclaimed movies that were trainwrecks behind the scenes. Martin Sheen had a heart attack while making Apocalypse Now. Viggo Mortenson agreed to the 18 month shoot for Lord of the Rings after they fired Dougray Scott during production.

There are also god-awful films that were trainwrecks behind the scenes.

I wonder how often you have a film that's a trainwreck behind the scenes, but the results are okay with box office and reviews that are decent.

Maybe World War Z?
    It's the same, to varying degrees, with just about every big budget film. The only time we ever hear about it negatively though is if the movie is bad.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Based on that ONE pic of Sam/Cap? The pic of Harrison Ford/Ross with Sam in that boardroom?
    What else is there to see? Sounds like a pre-judged conclusion to me.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

This is a lot of words to simply reiterate what I already said and yet still come up with a very biased conclusion.

Again, as I already said, no I don't think the new Cap film will be Spartacus, the best it will be is to be a mildly entertaining popcorn flick and at worst forgettable but at this point we cannot say with anything approaching even a modicum of certainty. That's literally the only objective observation that can be made and anything more than that is just bias.

Reshoots do not equal bad. Literally every film does it and has since pretty much the dawn of the Hollywood era of cinema.
    Then why even mention it? That feels like an exaggeration. Reshoots going longer than the initial shoot is not normal. "literally every film does it" Come on White Guardian, you know that's not true. They're in crisis mode here trying to pull a good movie out of this trainwreck, but most likely they want to put out something akin to a political thriller while being as apolitical as possible. I think it's probably normal for Disney to cut up a body of work so they can put out something that will be lucrative but it's by no means a practice that results in a coherent work and this level of reshoots after the initial shoot is not normal - spells bad news to me.
    They/Them